Samsung S3 GT19300 power consumption

banK

Just recently bought a smart phone and am finding that I have to charge it up everyday.

Is this normal?

Since last charge:

Have had about 40 mins of phone calls.The screen switches off after 30 secs when not active.

Even overnight left on but not used it consumed 7%.

Stats:

Voice calls 21%

Media 20%

Screen 20%

Android sys 17%

Device idle 11%

Cell stby 9%

Android os 2%

So after 21hr 30mins the battery is at 69%.

New to smart phones so have no experience in how much they consume in power.

Tks for any replies

banK

You're doing much better than me. I average 5-6% per hour (Galaxy S2).

It's not just a phone, it's a small computer. Add a few "always-on" apps and you'll have to plug it in twice a day. Wifi and GPS are power eaters. My worst is Solitaire- so I don't use it except when I have power available. GF has an S3 and she has to plug in every 8 hours because of all the fluff on her's.

Better Battery Stats is a great app for watching what's happening.

On my S2, I also have to replace the USB port every 8 months or so when it gets shorted out by sweat and pocket lint. Takes about 5 minutes and 200 baht part.

Those stats are impressive, I think. What Android version are you running? Whatever you do, don't upgrade as your battery performance may decrease.

The only stat that's a tad high is cell stand-by, normally you'd like to see that at 5% or less, but 9% isn't alarming especially if you are moving around a lot.

You could also consider an integrated battery-pack case which can (at a minimum) double your mAh capacity, albeit with a sacrifice is weight/portability.

http://www.mophie.com/shop/battery-cases-samsung/juice-pack-samsung-galaxy-s-iii

• Like 1

Yes, most smartphones need charging every every night. If watch movies on S3 continuosly, you'll get 7-8 hr and battery is gone.

Smartphones are tiny computers, they are not really phones.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app