1 Brit Dead And 2 Severely Injured In Road Accident

Rimmer

For goodnes sake, not one of you know what caused the accident. Why the hell do you have to post such garbage,innuendo.?

Do you mean like this gem?

Sad state of affairs, and condolences to family, however, this happening at just past midnight on Boxing Day Evening could suggest alcohol involvement, terrible

Yes,being past midnight,obviously grog was the cause.
Edited by Diablo Bob

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you rear end someone it is ALWAYS your fault, NO exeptions

Dont you just love these TV know-it-alls?

How about the scenario of driving along in the fast lane when someone u-turns in font of you without looking first, leaving you no time to brake or evade, causing you to rear end the u-turner?

What about the impatient u-turner who instead of driving to a u-turn further on, swings across 3 lanes without using the wing mirrors to get to a nearer u-turn and then slams on the brakes in front of you?

• Like 1

For goodnes sake, not one of you know what caused the accident. Why the hell do you have to post such garbage,innuendo.?

Do you mean like this gem?

Sad state of affairs, and condolences to family, however, this happening at just past midnight on Boxing Day Evening could suggest alcohol involvement, terrible

Yes,being past midnight,obviously grog was the cause.

Suggesting something COULD be the cause is not an innuendo it means it is a possibility no more no less. Take a closer look at the damaged jeep it is so obvious that high speed was involved and no that is not another innuendo I would put money on that being a fact. In cases like this pictures don't lie, and yes I was an accident investigator with the RHKP. I can assure you now, that when it came to the court case these pictures that have been printed publicly would be used in a court of law, by the police and prosecution.

One thing that is very important that has not been mentioned is the length and direction of any skid marks left by the jeep whilst braking,of course in this day and age ABS does not allow this luxury to an investigator, however I would not be sure this jeep has ABS. Also what were the road conditions ? Wet or dry

So gentlemen, there are a number of people on tv who are qualified to comment on such issues, and there are obviously others who are not ! Thank you

• Like 2

Big Truck, painted red white blue stripes all lights on nearside ok. and the truck looks relatively new. Wide road and jeep ended up 200 metres

away from truck.

20 year old driver Hmmmmm

Just looking at the damage says there was speed involved

Maybe I got it all wrong, but rather than stating that "the Jeep ended-up 200 meters away from the Truck" - I would think it to be more logical that "the Truck ended-up 200 meters away from the Jeep".

The difference being, of course, that after the Jeep impacted the rear of this truck, the Jeep came to a very quick halt, whereas the Truck was likely to to travel a considerable distance before being brought to a halt.

So; that 200 meters distance between the vehicles was, more than likely as a result of the much slower brake-path of the truck, compounded by what must have been a substantial push by the Jeep, upon its impact with said truck.

Just saying . . . . . .

To me, this appears to be case of a fast moving jeep striking the rear of a slow moving or stopped heavy vehicle. This could be for many reasons, one I hinted at earlier another of course was that the milk carrier which is a large tanker had no rear lights.

The shear amount of damage to the engine Bay Area and even up to the cab shows speed has to be involved, the one question I would like to hear an answer to, is , with this amount of damage, and a deceased trapped driver, how come the jeep was 200 meters away from the impact scene

"Momentum". It's a well known effect of speed coupled with mass.

...or the truck was actually moving when hit and took 200 metres to stop.

Ooh! It was!...

Mr. Aphichet Phongbooppha the driver of the 10-wheeled truck and he said he was driving along when suddenly the jeep appeared from behind...

Those jeeps handle like crap. Short wheel base, high centre of gravity, 20 year old driver probably without a great

deal of experience in that or a similar vehicle. A tragic loss to his family and friends. I wish his passengers a speedy

and full recovery.

Isn't it just like all the show-offs to give their point of view when they were no where near the accident? People with nothing better to do than post such drivel.

• Like 1

Isn't it just like all the show-offs to give their point of view when they were no where near the accident? People with nothing better to do than post such drivel.

Well done circusman, you have proved your lack of knowledge, of driving and accident sites. now go back to your circus ring and do your rendition of Pomeranian dogs circling and walking on their hind legs, when you bore with that feed the monkeys their over due nuts. Get you head from out of which ever orifice it is in.

Or read it, but we do; this is TV after all.

....will anyone have the wherewithal to check if the truck might not have slammed on his brakes in spite....or for whatever other possible reason...

...on an empty road...

Then sir it just proves that the jeep driver was too close or too fast and totally unaware of the situation, my attitude has not changed. The next comment will be that the milk lorry was reversing up the wrong side of the road at huge speed and backed into a slow moving jeep , driven by a 20 yo at midnight on Boxing Day evening.

I am sorry but i really do one believe in fairies !!

Suggesting something COULD be the cause is not an innuendo it means it is a possibility no more no less. Take a closer look at the damaged jeep it is so obvious that high speed was involved and no that is not another innuendo I would put money on that being a fact. In cases like this pictures don't lie, and yes I was an accident investigator with the RHKP. I can assure you now, that when it came to the court case these pictures that have been printed publicly would be used in a court of law, by the police and prosecution.

One thing that is very important that has not been mentioned is the length and direction of any skid marks left by the jeep whilst braking,of course in this day and age ABS does not allow this luxury to an investigator, however I would not be sure this jeep has ABS. Also what were the road conditions ? Wet or dry

So gentlemen, there are a number of people on tv who are qualified to comment on such issues, and there are obviously others who are not ! Thank you

Wasn't addressing your post, was addressing aveabeeoror2's contribution in light of his admonishing others contributions...... biggrin.png

So many theories from arm-chair detectives. The last time I saw the 'U-turn theory' was on the Muppet Show.

There there's the 'truck braked suddenly' theory I remember from a Maxwell Smart episode when Maxwell reached for the shoe phone.

The 'truck with no rear lights' and 'poor road conditions' theories come from the fiction movie 'The Haunting'.

The 'poor quality jeep rated the 6th riskiest in the U.S' theory is straight from a health insurance advert for Obamacare.

Then there is the theory of farang with lots of drinks inside him, speeding like one would on the M5, suddenly farang sees truck but too late and pow-bang.....we have rear-guard action. Now that's a theory I saw on reality TV. Speeding jeep goes flying after impact. Amazed Thai driver discovers milk is safe and so is he.

Wasn't addressing your post, was addressing aveabeeoror2's contribution in light of his admonishing others contributions...... biggrin.png

Acknowledged thank you and my apologies

So many theories from arm-chair detectives. The last time I saw the 'U-turn theory' was on the Muppet Show.

There there's the 'truck braked suddenly' theory I remember from a Maxwell Smart episode when Maxwell reached for the shoe phone.

The 'truck with no rear lights' and 'poor road conditions' theories come from the fiction movie 'The Haunting'.

The 'poor quality jeep rated the 6th riskiest in the U.S' theory is straight from a health insurance advert for Obamacare.

Then there is the theory of farang with lots of drinks inside him, speeding like one would on the M5, suddenly farang sees truck but too late and pow-bang.....we have rear-guard action. Now that's a theory I saw on reality TV. Speeding jeep goes flying after impact. Amazed Thai driver discovers milk is safe and so is he.

Totally understand where you are gaming from, a delusional contented watcher of TV REALITY SHOWS, unfortunately life goes a long way ahead of such shows. Reality is the word, the M 5 as you quoted is a dangerous fast moving road, this killing accident Was not on the M5 so what's you point, your argument and your reasoning for such a post. Grow up

Totally understand where you are gaming from, a delusional contented watcher of TV REALITY SHOWS, unfortunately life goes a long way ahead of such shows. Reality is the word, the M 5 as you quoted is a dangerous fast moving road, this killing accident Was not on the M5 so what's you point, your argument and your reasoning for such a post. Grow up

hehehehe.........another theory that "M5 is a dangerous fast moving road" and this just happens not the be the M5 (for those who did'nt know it) but...but....but.....Thought there would be a logical intelligent ending.

Anyway your theory is noted. Last saw it in the Pink Panther. What will you come up with next.

Inspector Clouseau - I'll grow up and maybe U'll get a real life.

Truck drivers never look, they just do.

RIP dear chap.

If you rear end someone it is ALWAYS your fault, NO exeptions

Always leave plenty of room for the unexpected

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's not straight in the back, looks like the right corner.

Truck might have changed lanes without checking his mirrors just as the Jeep was about overtaking.

Nothing you can do to plan for that.