Druggy Grinch confesses to Phuket holiday robbery, Russian assault

Lite Beer

Druggy Grinch confesses to Phuket holiday robbery, Russian assault
Phuket Gazette -

phuketnews_2013122894019718_bZYWGpPXuxpE

GRINCH: Man confesses to Christmas Day robbery in Karon. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: A 42-year-old drug addict confessed to attacking a Russian woman and multiple accounts of robbery after he was arrested by Karon Police on Boxing Day.

Boonrit Saeteaw was nabbed after having stolen several items on Christmas Day, including a mobile phone. His failure to turn off the phone’s GPS system, allowed police to track him down, Lt Col Teeradej of the Karon Police explained.

“We checked the GPS and were able to locate where he was staying. We then rushed to the hotel to make the arrest,” Lt Col Teeradej said.

Mr Boonrit was snared at the Sukjai Hotel on Komaraphat Road at about 7pm. Police seized 30 ya ba (methamphetamine) pills, five mobile phones, two cameras, US$100 in cash, an iPad, a woman’s wig and various other items.

Many of the items found were stolen from a house on Patak Road in Karon on December 25.

“Three mobile phones, a camera, an iPad and 20,000 baht cash were reported stolen from the house,” Col Teeradej said.

After his arrest, Mr Boonrit also confessed to robbing a house at Pure Pam Village in Soi Patak 1 on December 6. Thirteen days later, he robbed a tourist’s room at the Heavenly Inn hotel in Karon.

“I stole property from a Russian tourist’s room at the Heavenly Inn… I also attacked her before running away,” Mr Boonrit confessed.

“I use the money to buy drugs,” he said.

Mr Boonrit was charged with theft, receiving stolen property and possession of a Category 1 drug.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Druggy-Grinch-confesses-to-Phuket-holiday-robbery-Russian-assault-23123.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-12-28

"Boonrit Saeteaw was nabbed after having stolen several items on Christmas Day, including a mobile phone. His failure to turn off the phone’s GPS system, allowed police to track him down, Lt Col Teeradej of the Karon Police explained.

“We checked the GPS and were able to locate where he was staying. We then rushed to the hotel to make the arrest,” Lt Col Teeradej said."

Cheers for the stu..d police to disclose how they manage to find this guy.

Count on it that the next robber will switch instantly the GPS off.

What a bunch of dumbasses.

• Like 2

"Boonrit Saeteaw was nabbed after having stolen several items on Christmas Day, including a mobile phone. His failure to turn off the phone’s GPS system, allowed police to track him down, Lt Col Teeradej of the Karon Police explained.

“We checked the GPS and were able to locate where he was staying. We then rushed to the hotel to make the arrest,” Lt Col Teeradej said."

Today, most thieves will not even touch your iPhone or smartphone

anymore because it's common knowledge that they can be traced.

It's even written in the user manuals of most smartphones.

Even switching your gps off, your phone, laptop, tablet can be traced.

Data can be deleted remotely or you can even have your camera

taking pictures without the user knowing it.

I thought that was common knowledge that phones can be traced

and if the police mention that, maybe that's a better way to prevent

theft in the first place rather then finding a thief after your property

has been stolen.

• Like 1

Not so dumb as the real dumbass who reckons the police are dumbasses for arresting a thief. You really think local thieves and drug addicts read the local Englisl-language press?

• Like 1

"Boonrit Saeteaw was nabbed after having stolen several items on Christmas Day, including a mobile phone. His failure to turn off the phone’s GPS system, allowed police to track him down, Lt Col Teeradej of the Karon Police explained."

Ahhh,.. the old "failure to turn of the GPS" on the stolen iPhone mistake!

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Finding humor in the misfortune of others is not something to be proud of but I'm sorry,... I laughed my ar$e off on this one!

"Cheers for the stu..d police to disclose how they manage to find this guy." - or a good way to deter thieves from stealing phones. :)

has been stolen.

I am sure that if the thieves here in Cambodia know how to work around GPS tracking, then the Thai thieves surely know this as well.

And I doubt that Thai drug addicts read English-language newspapers.

has been stolen.

I am sure that if the thieves here in Cambodia know how to work around GPS tracking, then the Thai thieves surely know this as well.

And I doubt that Thai drug addicts read English-language newspapers.

GPS doesn't have to work in order to track your phone.