SCB fixed account

hello, I have opened a fixed account with SCB: is there a way to keep an eye on it in "my page ", on the Internet ?

I just see my saving account, but not the fixed account ; is it normal?

BTW, I have a 2.70 % interest rate during five months, that they will put on my saving account if I ask it the last day of the five months: if I don't ask anything , they extend it 6 months more but at a 2.00 % interest;

I forgot to ask them : after two months can I ask to have my money on the saving account without waiting the end of 6 months ?; is it extended automaticaly every 6 monts for ever ? I know that 2 % is not much, it's just to know how they work .

Thanks.

we have and had many fixed accs.with scb.over the yrs.if you say it is fixed for 5months at or near matureing date go into the bank and see whats on offer if you want to carry on with them,if they havent got anything worthwhile move it to another bank,mind you you will be asked to open a current acc.aswell.as for access to your money you can have it any time but you will only get the interest on an every day rate.if you dont go into the bank to give them what you intend to do they will put it in a holding acc.oh and dont forget to read up the posts in the bank interest forum on tax withheld and how to claim it back.

When you take out a fixed rate bond in the West you are agreeing to tie up your money for a specific duration, not so in Thailand. A fixed rate here means the banks guarantees a certain rate for a specific period, you are free to cancel the deal at any point albeit you will have to repay the interest that has been paid up until that point, less the basic rate of savings interest.

I keep the money required for my annual retirement visa in a fixed deposit account with SCB.

Last year I was getting 3.7%. This time the special rate as displayed was 2.8% Fair enough rates vary but was then told that new policy is foreigners holding bank accounts can only have the regular interest rate at 2.2% not the special promotional rate.

After making a bit of a fuss which embarrassed the wife and threatening to take my money to another bank they phoned Head Office and I finally got an interest rate of 2.7% still 1% less than the special on display.

Just a heads up.

I keep the money required for my annual retirement visa in a fixed deposit account with SCB.

Last year I was getting 3.7%. This time the special rate as displayed was 2.8% Fair enough rates vary but was then told that new policy is foreigners holding bank accounts can only have the regular interest rate at 2.2% not the special promotional rate.

After making a bit of a fuss which embarrassed the wife and threatening to take my money to another bank they phoned Head Office and I finally got an interest rate of 2.7% still 1% less than the special on display.

Just a heads up.

Which branch where?

Just a heads up.

wife has been into our branch [mall] korat and have not seen 3.7% advertised.how long was it for.

never mind what the local branch says if your not happy phone HQ.

we have 2 big ones maturing early jan.t.g.s.b.they have nothing at the moment but krung thai had a 5 yr.fixed acc.at 4% open till 31st.march 2014 but when the wife went in a week or more ago they staff didnt have a clue what she was on about.you have to keep the advert in the papers to show them if they can read.

• 3 weeks later...

attachicon.gifCaptureSCB.JPG

It looks like you should be able to add it and thereafter see the details

Thanks, I found it; but everytime, after filling my count number and an A/C Nickname ( that I opened just for this, before I had no A/C Nickname for my saving account ), I have always the same message :

" Sorry you cannot do this transaction at the moment . Please try again later "

Is it a problem with SCB online or did I do something wrong ? Thanks

attachicon.gifCaptureSCB.JPG

It looks like you should be able to add it and thereafter see the details

Thanks, I found it; but everytime, after filling my count number and an A/C Nickname ( that I opened just for this, before I had no A/C Nickname for my saving account ), I have always the same message :

" Sorry you cannot do this transaction at the moment . Please try again later "

Is it a problem with SCB online or did I do something wrong ? Thanks

If you read when you log in could have problem if you use Chrome browzer try using Internet explorer.