Transfer of ownership

MadMac

What papers are actually required to do a cross-provincial transfer?

We bought a Scoopy before from Union Auction in Bangkok and they took care of everything.

Green book is there, but do I need a letter of authorization or some other document signed from the previous owner?

Thanks!

You maybe need letter from immigration for yourself too ,it all seems like hassle to me and that's why I just put my bikes in the wife's name,others won't agree with this of coarse but each to their own certainly made it easier when I sold the crf

Think if ferang previous owner have to have copy of their visa status in passport aswell as picture part others will clarify

Edited by taninthai

Even if you cant read it the DLT wont except any english versions of the documents mentioned above. So you need somebody to help you or just let the owner sign and fill out the rest at the DLT with their help; usually they are pretty helpful there. Give the counter dragon lady a nice smile :)

Or just let the papers sign and let a agent take care of the actual transfer process...

You maybe need letter from immigration for yourself too ,it all seems like hassle to me and that's why I just put my bikes in the wife's name,others won't agree with this of coarse but each to their own certainly made it easier when I sold the crf

Think if ferang previous owner have to have copy of their visa status in passport aswell as picture part others will clarify

I got a scooter in the wifes name.. my bike i want in my name and the insurance too. Its not a matter of trust (maybe a little ) but I just like the fact that on the papers it has my name if I am ever in an accident the insurance will have my name the bike and everything else.

I agree its more of a hassle, when we transferred the bike between provinces (it was from the south) it went first on my wives name and then on mine. Not sure why but the officials at Mochit said it was easier.

Anyway for insurance and such i like it in my name and when your stopped the bike matches your name and insurance too.