Thai Serial Killers

telldem

You'll not hear about serial killers and murderers, or indeed drug peddlers in Thailand because the Thai legal system dishes out the death penalty for such crimes - hence all such crimes are eradicated in Thailand.

Please inform us the last time the death penalty was carried out in Thailand??

You'll not hear about serial killers and murderers, or indeed drug peddlers in Thailand because the Thai legal system dishes out the death penalty for such crimes - hence all such crimes are eradicated in Thailand.

Please inform us the last time the death penalty was carried out in Thailand??

If you know, what's the point asking?

If you don't, just read back one page.

• Like 1

Charles Sobhraj-yes I read one book about him-he was half Indian(India)and half Thai and he was accustomed to rent guesthouses then befriend the Foreign tenants, giving them drugged food which made them ill,.then he would assure them that he would take care of them during their illness and lock up their passports etc.for safety,but he kept them ill while taking "care" of their documents and flew around the world committing robbery crimes with their passports.He had a few very good escapes after being arrested but he became overly confident and tried to drug a whole Busload of Tourists in India and several of them didnt pass out as quickly as the others and they alerted the authorities at the hotel.Sobhraj spent a long time in jail in India(where reportedly he controlled the entire prison and lived very well) but other countries (Nepal included )were waiting for him to be released and arrested him.SOme say he wanted to be re-arrested because he faces the Death penalty in THailand for killing two Canadian women here in THailand.(However knowing Canadian women as I do those killings may have been justified,Ha ha)Have a read if you can find the book,.Cheers.

The last two people were executed in 2009 , before that in 2003, so I don't know where you get your info.

yeah and killing them also eradicates their history....duh

Oh, I get it. All these serial killers have been executed secretly and no one knows except you. Another conspiracy theorist.

The last two people were executed in 2009 , before that in 2003, so I don't know where you get your info.

yeah and killing them also eradicates their history....duh

Oh, I get it. All these serial killers have been executed secretly and no one knows except you. Another conspiracy theorist.

You seem to be struggling, so let me help you out.

The OP has asked [sic] why is it there are no serial killers in Thailand.

My response employs rhetorical sarcasm [Of course there are serial killers in Thailand - as per the examples in the thread], I'm being sarcastic by pointing out that where Thailand has the usually called for remedy to serial killers they (serial Killers) still exist in Thailand.

I'll make a prediction - they will always exist, in Thailand and everywhere else on the planet - no matter what laws are enacted to try to get rid of them.

Charles Sobhraj-yes I read one book about him-he was half Indian(India)and half Thai

He was half Vietnamese but french by adoption. He did not spoke Thai or other local language yet he did as he pleased before being caught. The rest can be read online.

Some of them will be in the Thai news and not really make it to the English news.

I do remember a few years ago seeing in the paper a murder-for-hire who had been caught and admitted he'd been a "professional killer" for quite some time and had killed for payment and had also killed to rob people or for no good reason, etc. He supposedly had killed something like 30 people (was a big number like that, maybe even more), he'd claimed.

• 6 months later...

Most of them are covered up. However here's one,

On June 5, 1999, Mohamed Elsayed Ghanam, an Egyptian tour guide was arrested in connection with the murder of six foreign tourists who vanished after arriving at Bangkok's Don Muang airport over the past eight months. Police say the killings were carried out between August 17, 1999 and April 6 and followed a similar pattern.

Chanam Said Muhamad, 35, was arrested after European Union embassies confronted the Thai government about the murders and expressed concern there may be more victims. The killer and his accomplices, posing as tour guides and private taxi drivers, allegedly targeted tourists who had just arrived in Bangkok. They waited for the victims at their hotels and at the airport, offered their services, then robbed and killed them. Mohamed has denied carrying out the killings and has blamed two associates from the Middle East.

All six victims -- two Frenchmen, an Austrian, an Iranian, a German, and a man from the United Arab Emirates -- were stabbed to death. Interpol repeatedly told local police the murders could be linked but Thai authorities failed to launch an inquiry.

If you do a web search, all you find it essentially this what I quoted above.

There is nothing about what happened. Was there a court case? Was he released? Etc.,

This kind of thing happens a lot with the media in Asia (reports something, it is forgotten and never followed up), but this man allegedly killed 6 people!

^^ I heard about that one as well. It was in Thaivisa news section. He killed, I believe, 9 or so people which would make him a serial killer.

The topic of serial killers is interesting. My ex GF was a cop, and also studied psychology in school and continuing education classes as a part of the job. Serial killers are the ultimate apex predator, humans preying on other humans. With 70 million people or so, yes there will be serial killers in Thailand. Any large enough population will have serial killers among them. The thing, however, is that in order to identify serial killings requires good police work and forensic science. Like the Green River killer or BTK killer in the U.S., were operating for decades and it was the forensic detective work that tied them all together. In Thailand, I kind of don't think they'd go through that level of thoroughness in Thailand. In Thailand, the police like to lump all suspicious deaths as a suicide. neus.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptR4K2not3.gif

Other countries have the problem of serial killers, Thailand doesn't. Thailand just has a problem with alot of people killing themselves in complicated ways. A body found cut up in plastic bags is just someone who planned their suicide very well.

^^ I heard about that one as well. It was in Thaivisa news section. He killed, I believe, 9 or so people which would make him a serial killer.

The topic of serial killers is interesting. My ex GF was a cop, and also studied psychology in school and continuing education classes as a part of the job. Serial killers are the ultimate apex predator, humans preying on other humans. With 70 million people or so, yes there will be serial killers in Thailand. Any large enough population will have serial killers among them. The thing, however, is that in order to identify serial killings requires good police work and forensic science. Like the Green River killer or BTK killer in the U.S., were operating for decades and it was the forensic detective work that tied them all together. In Thailand, I kind of don't think they'd go through that level of thoroughness in Thailand. In Thailand, the police like to lump all suspicious deaths as a suicide. neus.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptR4K2not3.gif

Good forensic work. That is really something. From what I hear, the government here refuses to allocate the budget for proper forensic equipment, labs, and training. This is a highly specialized area, requiring a lot of very expensive equipment. The government here is notoriously cheap, with its police. Hence the salaries of 10,000 baht, for rank and file cops. Hardly a living. Some day, the govt. is going to have to commit 15 to 30 billion US, to reforming the police, top to bottom, building world class forensic labs, training the technicians overseas (how else are they going to learn what they need to learn?), paying real world salaries, etc.

Spidermike

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect