Thai Serial Killers

telldem

This topic May be a little morbid or morbidly obese, But with a country having 70 million people in it, there has to be a few "Dexters" running around causing mayhem. I never hear of serial killers on the loose in Thailand. Only this fellow.

post-97947-13882434425823_thumb.jpg

I forgot about him. Very sad for his victims and their family. They are still investigating that, it could be that the BIB are trying to pin unsloved cases on him. They are good for that. But If its true, he deserve to be in the box with the guy above.

Edited by telldem

I forgot about him. Very sad for his victims and his family. They are still investigating that, it could be that the BIB are trying to pin unsloved cases on him. They are good for that. But If its true, he deserve to be in the box with the guy above.

Who is the mummified nutter in your OP?

I forgot about him. Very sad for his victims and his family. They are still investigating that, it could be that the BIB are trying to pin unsloved cases on him. They are good for that. But If its true, he deserve to be in the box with the guy above.

The mummified corpse of See Uey Sae Ung (labeled as Si Quey on his display case and sometimes also referred to as Si-oui or Si Ouey depending on who is writing about him), the most notorious serial killer in Thai history is on display in the Songkran Niyomsane Museum of Forensic Medicine. A Chinese immigrant who moved to Thailand in 1944; See Uey suffocated and then ate the hearts and livers of over a half dozen male children. He apparently believed that the practice made him stronger, healthier, and by some accounts, immortal. He was captured and executed by hanging in the 1950s. After an autopsy, the cadaver was filled and covered with paraffin wax to preserve it. In recent years, the museum has added a film educating visitors about the story of See Uey. Over the years, See Uey has become a bogeyman for Thai children, as parents threaten misbehaving kids with a visit from his ghost. The case of See Uey Sae Ung was also adapted into the 2004 Thai thriller Zee-Oui.

Fascinating read, thanks.

As Prbkk posted, the chilling stories of Charles Sobhraj were still doing the rounds in Bangkok in the 80's and 90s:

http://www.crimeandinvestigation.co.uk/crime-files/charles-sobhraj-the-serpent/crime.html;jsessionid=6595507206FC013E459748009B5464DE

He is reported to have said something along the the lines of "In Asia, always prey on other foreigners, as then the authorities will be less interested".

Edited by Rumpole
  • Like 1

As Prbkk posted, the chilling stories of Charles Sobhraj were still doing the rounds in Bangkok in the 80's and 90s:

http://www.crimeandinvestigation.co.uk/crime-files/charles-sobhraj-the-serpent/crime.html;jsessionid=6595507206FC013E459748009B5464DE

He is reported to have said something along the the lines of "In Asia, always prey on other foreigners, as then the authorities will be less interested".

He sounds like the average Thai Visa poster!
  • Like 1

You'll not hear about serial killers and murderers, or indeed drug peddlers in Thailand because the Thai legal system dishes out the death penalty for such crimes - hence all such crimes are eradicated in Thailand.

The last two people were executed in 2009 , before that in 2003, so I don't know where you get your info.

So what?....Do you want to see more serial killers?

So TVF members will express their disgust and offer condolences to the families.

Better keep it low as is.

Why? A change of topic from the normal moaning threads.

My concern is it might give some unsavory short of cash keyboard warriors ideas.

You'll not hear about serial killers and murderers, or indeed drug peddlers in Thailand because the Thai legal system dishes out the death penalty for such crimes - hence all such crimes are eradicated in Thailand.

The last two people were executed in 2009 , before that in 2003, so I don't know where you get your info.

He used sarcasm, but you have recognized.

Exactly. The posters who keep claiming that Thailand was much safer in the past and is so terrible now need to read some history. Thailand has always been a somewhat dangerous place. However, I feel safer here than in a big city in my own country.

Edited by Ulysses G.

yeah and killing them also eradicates their history....duh

The Kalasin Police force circa 2003-2005.

"The police in Kalasin are well-known for their ruthlessness. Kiettisak's case resulted in the first prosecution of more than 20 extrajudicial killings allegedly committed by police officers of the same station in Kalasin during 2003 and 2005. No one has been held responsible for any of those other deaths."

http://www.hrw.org/news/2012/08/24/thailand-ending-kalasins-police-reign-terror

A case which vividly illustrates the climate of fear in which Thai witnesses live is that of Kalasin Province, in North Eastern Thailand. Kalasin is particularly sinister for its sheer scope: the Asian Human Rights Commission alone has identified some 24 killings between 2004 and 2006. The true number is thought to be far higher - some bodies have never been found; others have been reduced to ashes before proper identification. In many of the cases, victims were young or underage individuals accused of motorbike theft, drug dealing or other small crimes. Add to this the cruelty of the methods employed (many of the victims were tortured to death, and had their testicles burned, crushed or electrocuted) and things start to look very ugly indeed.

http://www.chiangmainews.com/indepth/details.php?id=2121

• Like 1

The mummified corpse of See Uey Sae Ung (labeled as Si Quey on his display case and sometimes also referred to as Si-oui or Si Ouey depending on who is writing about him), the most notorious serial killer in Thai history is on display in the Songkran Niyomsane Museum of Forensic Medicine. A Chinese immigrant who moved to Thailand in 1944; See Uey suffocated and then ate the hearts and livers of over a half dozen male children. He apparently believed that the practice made him stronger, healthier, and by some accounts, immortal. He was captured and executed by hanging in the 1950s. After an autopsy, the cadaver was filled and covered with paraffin wax to preserve it. In recent years, the museum has added a film educating visitors about the story of See Uey. Over the years, See Uey has become a bogeyman for Thai children, as parents threaten misbehaving kids with a visit from his ghost. The case of See Uey Sae Ung was also adapted into the 2004 Thai thriller Zee-Oui.

There are at least 3 movies about him but I didnt watch any of them yet. Really creepy fellow !

There are at least 3 movies about him but I didnt watch any of them yet. Really creepy fellow !

Looks like the average kinda bloke to me.

1358777555.jpg