Where to print PDF files

marc69

I have a couple of PDF files in a USB memory stick and I need to print them out. There are in total about 300 pages. I stay in Sukhumvit area and I asked an Internet cafe nearby and they asked 10 Baht per page. In Chiang Mai I have printed the same kind of files for 1 Baht/page but I am not so familiar with Bangkok so I would appreciate if anyone could point me to a shop which can do the job for a more reasonable price. I stay close to a BTS station in Sukhumvit but I can also use MRT if there is a shop in that route. Thanks.

There are places everywhere that can do what you want for a fraction of the price you are being quoted. You need to get away from the tourist zones! Even within the tourist areas of Bangkok, there are plenty of shops that will do it for the 'normal prices'. If you were simply making copies, I would send you to one of a dozen shops I know of that are anywhere from 25-50 satang per page for A4 size copies. Given that you need to print these from an electronic file rather than simply copy, I would expect the cost to be slightly higher. 1 baht per page sounds about right, but it will probably be a bit closer to the 50 satang mark when you hit the kind of numbers you are talking about. This is especially true if it is something as simple as hitting CTRL+P.

You didn't say which BTS station you are near. I can direct you to a few shops all over the place. The ones I know of off the top of my head are located close to Phrakhaonong BTS, On Nut BTS, Queen Sirikit MRT, and Klong Toei MRT. Which one works best for you?

Thanks smileplur for your reply. The closest BTS station to me is Phrom Phong so I guess Phra khaonong BTS would work best for me.

You didn't say which BTS station you are near. I can direct you to a few shops all over the place. The ones I know of off the top of my head are located close to Phrakhaonong BTS, On Nut BTS, Queen Sirikit MRT, and Klong Toei MRT. Which one works best for you?

There are places everywhere that can do what you want for a fraction of the price you are being quoted. You need to get away from the tourist zones! Even within the tourist areas of Bangkok, there are plenty of shops that will do it for the 'normal prices'. If you were simply making copies, I would send you to one of a dozen shops I know of that are anywhere from 25-50 satang per page for A4 size copies. Given that you need to print these from an electronic file rather than simply copy, I would expect the cost to be slightly higher. 1 baht per page sounds about right, but it will probably be a bit closer to the 50 satang mark when you hit the kind of numbers you are talking about. This is especially true if it is something as simple as hitting CTRL+P.

I have a lot of photocopies to be done, could you please post the address of a shop that will do it for 50 satang per page near to Onnut.

Thanks smileplur for your reply. The closest BTS station to me is Phrom Phong so I guess Phra khaonong BTS would work best for me.

I could use the same information if you really do know of a shop that will do A4 copies for the price you quote. Look forward to you posting the address, Phra Kanong or Onnut.

Ok, I am going to give this my best effort. I could sit here and type out exactly where the shops I know of are located and leave it to your ability to follow my written directions to one of the numerous shops. As I sat here and thought about where to begin in terms of typing and giving directions, I wondered which of several shops to give directions to first. I haven't got a physical street address to give you because I have never had a need to know it. I just show up at whichever one is closest to me when I need to have copies made! Instead of going through that dreadful process and listing detailed instructions to each of them, I am going to make my best effort to create a google map and drop pins at the locations of the shops I know about that should be able to help you. This seems to make more sense especially since it seems there are several people who have expressed an interest in the location of such a shop already. Who knows how many more may stumble upon this thread in the future when they search for the same information. Although I have only attempted to make a map like this a couple of times in the past (a long time ago), I will give it my best attempt. Please give me any feedback regarding the map, its accuracy, and how I might be able to improve my Google Map-Making skills! LoL!

I have tried to add some notes about my experiences with the shops. I hope this helps. I know of several other shops, but I don't have the time to list them all on the map. I selected these shops because of the locations requested in this thread. I have added 5 locations where copies fall in the range of 25-50 satang per copy for standard A4 size paper. There is absolutely no reason anyone should be paying 1 baht or more for a copy unless the number of copies required is very small and time is an issue.

I spend a lot of time on Rama IV Road, and I live in the On Nut area, so the map will reflect that. The shops listed are located on On Nut Road, Rama IV Road (between Sukhumvit and Khlong Toei MRT), and Sukhumvit Road (near Sukhumvit Hospital).

In the past, I have created maps and there was an option where people could add locations on the map. I think I have enable the map to be edited. Please feel free to add to it, elaborate on it, or make changes that will improve it. It could turn out to be a great resource for people looking to make reasonably priced copies all over the city if we can get enough people to collaborate by spreading the link whenever threads like this one appear on ThaiVisa or elsewhere. It would certainly be able to help a lot of people. I have the setting set so that you need the link in order to make changes to the map.

Here is the link: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zFBuhyBtoHPI.kHOJ2QrzNGF0

Happy copying folks!

smileplur, do you know of copying shop near Thong Lor for about 15 Satang per sheet?

Unfortunately, I don't know of any off the top of my head. In fact, I can't think of anywhere in Bangkok or even Thailand where one can get copies for 15 Satang per sheet! The lowest I have seen or know of is 25 Satang per sheet. More often, it is 35 Satang per sheet. The closest one I have experience with and know about is the one listed on the map I posted above on Sukhumvit Road near Sukhumvit Hospital.

Depending on my location in the Thong Lor area, I do know where I would start looking for a shop though! If I were on the Sukhumvit side of things, I would be heading towards Bangkok University off of Rama IV. As you get closer to the university, shops that cater to the needs of students will become more abundant. With students as their primary customers, shops that cater to them must be price sensitive. Students are anything but rich! Many of them will do whatever they can to save a baht here or there. Copying is one of those areas where they can save some money. Students in Thailand do a lot of copying (not just on exams)! A reality of living here is that textbooks, workbooks, and all types of materials that are usually copy written and sold are often copied here. Get close to universities or larger secondary schools and you will start to find all sorts of facilities for making copies, stationary, internet and computers, and cheap food!

If I were on the other end of Thong Lor, I would be hitting the pavement heading eastbound on Petchaburi Road. Again, you will find yourself getting closer to Ramkhamhang University. With Ram. being the cheaper of the two universities by a long shot, you will probably have more success finding a shop closer to the price range you are aiming for. Furthermore, Ramkhamhang is a massive university by comparison. Increased student numbers results in an increased demand for the aforementioned services. A cheaper university generally means that students will live more sparsely. That is to say that they will find budget accommodation that isn't necessarily as close to the university. I think you won't have any trouble finding a shop at the 25 satang mark if you head in that direction!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I do my (modest) printing at the big shop somewhat across the PhromPong Queen Sirikit Park.

Big, busy, well equipped shop. 

They alwways manage to get my printing (passsport, etc) done without having me to wait.

I'd think they're equipped to deal with PDF on a USB stick.

7 hours ago, jayceenik said:

I do my (modest) printing at the big shop somewhat across the PhromPong Queen Sirikit Park.

Big, busy, well equipped shop. 

They alwways manage to get my printing (passsport, etc) done without having me to wait.

I'd think they're equipped to deal with PDF on a USB stick.

You just zombied a two year old post.

• 3 weeks later...