Internet option near Pak Chong

mrpakchong

Hi,

for now I'm using internet via my mobile 1-2-Call 3G/2100Mhz and use sharing, it's easy to top up when the 4GB i bought is finished, I just need to have money on the phone and then I can type some code and it will add another 4 GB of data for 800 Baht (option are 1,2 or 4 GB)

It works really good, but it's inconvient when I need to leave the house and no one longer have internet sad.png

We don't have any land lines so that it's not an option.

I would like to have permanent internet in the house so does anybody know for some other options ?.

One I though of was to use a another phone as a permanent "Internet router" and continue as is, but there is a catch up that if no one is connect it

will shutdown the sharing after 5 minutes (Nokia 920).

I saw this "AIS pocket wifi", any one using this ?. Can you add data the same way I can add to my mobile ?. Then this would be a good alternative ?

Pak

Nice,

do you really mean that you have unlimited 3G the whole month for 399 Baht ?

Which Telephone Company are you using ?

You need to be careful with the definition of 'unlimited'. What it usually means is that you have 3G speeds up to your plan allowance level, after which you are throttled down to 200kbps, which IS unlimited

Nice,

do you really mean that you have unlimited 3G the whole month for 399 Baht ?

Which Telephone Company are you using ?

You need to be careful with the definition of 'unlimited'. What it usually means is that you have 3G speeds up to your plan allowance level, after which you are throttled down to 200kbps, which IS unlimited

Yes correct with AIS, some of the cheaper unlimited plans throttled to even less than that

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

One way you can make a permanent semi decent system is to buy a seperate USB aircard and connect it to a router. I have a D-Link DSL-2750U, which is an integrated DSL modem/router. One of its features, especially designed for the Thailand model, is the ability to connect a USB aircard as a backup for when your fixed line DSL has one the many and inexplicable outages. That might be an option for you

I have had it for months and have not seen any drop of speed. I have seen nothing about an allowance for usage.

Depending on what you use it for you may well not have exceeded the limits. I'm pretty sure AIS doesn't offer 'truly' unlimited, but I'm always open to correction.

Edited by GinBoy2

• 2 weeks later...

Inquire about AIS Airnet. We use that and it's pretty good. It's a wide area wifi system, so no line into your house required. Just line of sight access to one of their transmitters.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand