60 day tourist visa renewal

Phew is there really no limit to the number of 30 day visa exempts...I had my 60 day tourist and now have had the 2 x 30 day.

I'm the Brit and currently in Koh PHi PHI...where is the nearest place to exit and get a new visa exempt 30 day? Fly to Penang?

Cambodia border run....where to/how?

I really appreciate any advice...I'm here alone.

• 1 month later...

Can any of the major Immigration Offices extend a 60 day Tourist Visa by 30 days, ie Khon Kaen?

I used for many years to have Retirement Extensions, however my Thai wife and I prefer to live in Australia and only come back here each year to tour and visit the rels.

I am presently about half way into a 60 day Tourist Visa and will only need to extend it for another 30 days to cover me until the end of March.

Can any of the major Immigration Offices extend a 60 day Tourist Visa by 30 days, ie Khon Kaen?

I used for many years to have Retirement Extensions, however my Thai wife and I prefer to live in Australia and only come back here each year to tour and visit the rels.

I am presently about half way into a 60 day Tourist Visa and will only need to extend it for another 30 days to cover me until the end of March.

You can get the extension at any immigration office.

You could could also get a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

You might want to try getting a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage next time that would give you a 90 entry instead of a tourist visa. It saves the cost of the extension and a trip to immigration.

Just another thought..........

If I were near a Border Point within 30 days of needing to depart Thailand, would I be able to do a Border Run to get the required further stay, without needing to visit an Immigration Office in country? Is there a fee associated if this is feasible?

Yes, it would be required. I believe something like 30 to 35 Us-dollars.

As Ubonjoe said, you can even get a 60 day extension. But for that they might require you to extend at the office for the area where your wife is registered in a household book.

Yes, it would be required. I believe something like 30 to 35 Us-dollars.

As Ubonjoe said, you can even get a 60 day extension. But for that they might require you to extend at the office for the area where your wife is registered in a household book.

Yes, that would be Khon Kaen.

If you are going to be back in Khon Kaen. before you need the extension that would be the best place to get the extension.

Does this also apply for yearly extensions of Non imm O Visas based on marriage?

In that the application should be submitted at the Immigration office from where the wife's

house book is from?

• 10 months later...

I am British and entered Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa ; near the end of that I then left and went to Kuala Lumpar and re-entered with a 30 day, then near the end of that went to Penang and got another 30 day. My visa is up on Monday 6th and i am awaiting an Xray appointment in Bangkok to get my visa to leave and enter Australia .

Can I simply extend my Thai visa at an Immigration center in Bangkok, or do I need to go back out of Thailand to Penang and renter again with another 30 day? How many 30 day renetries can you have ...I only need a two week extension?

Help!!!!

Hi Jake1883 when you left Thailand on both occasions and travelled to Kuala Lumpar and Penang, did you fly back into Thailand to get the 30 day visa or did you travel by land?

The only reason I ask is because, I was led to believe you only get a 15 day visa, if you do a border crossing over land......

Thanks,

Barry.

Did you notice the date on the post you quoted. Things have changed since January.

If you are from a G7 country you will get a 30 day visa exempt entry otherwise you will only get 15 days at a border crossing.

If you have a visa exempt entry now you can extend it for 30 days immigration.

Did you notice the date on the post you quoted. Things have changed since January.

If you are from a G7 country you will get a 30 day visa exempt entry otherwise you will only get 15 days at a border crossing.

If you have a visa exempt entry now you can extend it for 30 days immigration.

Hi ubonjoe,

to be honest I haven't had time for a proper look at all the answers, my question is I have a one visit visa for 60 days, but will only be visiting Thailand for five weeks. I have now found out I need to go to Siem Reap for one day, and wanted to know if I could go to Cambodia overland via Poipet to do my business, then return to Thailand and get another 15 days which would be more than adequate before my return flight to England.

Thanks,

Barry