Malaysia Info required pls

I am heading to Kuala Lumpur for an interview next week and need to know if I require a visa to get into Malaysia before I leave Thailand and also what will happen to my extension of stay visa (1 year). Do I need to go to the Thai immigration to report that I will be leaving Thailand even if it's only for one day.

Any info will help, thanks.

You must get a re-entry visa 1000 baht from immigration office before you go or you lose you original visa. In theory there may be re-entry permits available at the airport before you leave but it would be safer to get one first.

I am British, and worked many times in Malaysia. I don't remember ever getting a visa for a short visit, so you should be alright (depends on your nationality). Once you get a job there it gets more complicated, but I am sure your company can sort all that out.

One curiosity is that Peninsula Malaysia, and Borneo (Sabah, Sarawak) are different countries for immigration purposes. I got caught out by that one, but if you are only going to KL you should be fine.

If you happen to be from UK then you need no visa for Malaysia, you'll get 90 days on arrival. Applies to many other nationalities as well of course. And if you are flying from BKK then you can definitely get the needed re-entry permit at immigration there, just before passport control.

Regarding Malaysia, what nationality are you, most countries do not require a visa but will be allowed entry for a period, based on nationality.

As Harry has indicated you need to get an re-entry permit before you leave Thailand, to keep your permission to stay active, failing which you would need to start the procedure again on your return..

No problems as others have said and the best way to get downtown is the airport link to KL Sentral.

Lot's of hotels there and it's then a very short walk to the skytrain.

Best wishes with the job..I love KL.

regards

Jay

Edited by Jay Sata