Black magic, or sorcery, in LOS. Believe in it?

quiuvo

The burden of proof. I heard it somewhere... Oh, yes , in some law school books.

There is something called the legal burden of proof, which parallels the scientific BOP. But why bring it up if you're not going to comment about it? We're discussing physical phenomena in this thread, not legal proceedings.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The burden of proof. I heard it somewhere... Oh, yes , in some law school books.

There is something called the legal burden of proof, which parallels the scientific BOP. But why bring it up if you're not going to comment about it? We're discussing physical phenomena in this thread, not legal proceedings.

Why elaborate further ? Oh, we are not discussing bop as applied to the law, correct. We are not discussing "physical" phenomena. Maybe metaphysical? My god.

We rented a house a few years back and after 6 months living there I saw a ghost 3 times within about two weeks. After the third time I mentioned what ii had seen to my wife and she asked if it was a little girl of about 6-7 years old. I said it was. My wife went on to describe the ghost exactly as I had seen it.

Later when we came to finish the tenancy we mentioned the ghost to our landlord. He told us that twenty years previously his family lived in the house and one day his little girl fell down from the first to the ground floor and died of head injuries. The place where we saw the ghost was exactly where she had fallen.

The landlord's family moved out of the house after the incident because he was the architect who designed the house a d he felt guilty that he was in some way responsible for his daughters death.

The landlord also told us that at three years we were the longest renters he ever had. Most people stayed no more than six months and then left abruptly. It was after six months that we first saw the ghost . But my wife did a ghost cleansing ceremony and we never saw the ghost again after that.

• Like 1

@NCFC; What does a ghost look like ? are they semi-transparent ? Can they move through walls ? Was the ghost aware of you ? Did the ghost try to interact with you ? Serious questions.

Edited by RandomSand

A load of old bolony.I trust and believe in God and God alone,and through my belief, God has blessed me with a most fortunate life and is sufficent for me.

555 I really hope that you are just taking the pizz. w00t.gif

Yes, religion does wonders. Gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling that somebody is taking care of the details. . Just to be safe, I should say that Wicca is practiced as a religion, in many places. For others...its God (I am going with the big guy). But I sure will refrain myself from arguments concerning religion. Goes the same for politics. Up 2 u. Have fun, and enjoy your good fortunes. Perhaps the only thing lacking in good fortune, is bad karma and/or black magic. My wife once put a spell with a lock of hair and my picture. She sewed it in my pillow. One night I felt something hard, and ripped it open...there it was. Turned out to be a prayer with some voodoo/hoodoo twists... Things got pretty hairy, but I made it out. That was the Philippines for you. She was Visayan. When I came to Thailand, it was like a big monkey finally jumped off my shoulders. Sun was shining, no sense of imminent disaster, met a fantastic lady, and had a string of good fortune (first time in 18 years). Gives one perspective. Climbed a hilltop near Mae Sai, and my legs grew stronger and stronger as I heard chanting grow louder and louder, It was like being drawn to a new discovery. The temple on top was empty. Chanting came from where? One of the more interesting experiences of my short time here. Gave me a good feeling inside. Had a similar experience in Christian schools/churches. Religion and magic seem to be wired into the human brain. Must be remnants of ideas shared throughout ancient history up to modern times. Some are vulnerable, others are not. I think many are just not ready to let go of it. I just kind of respect what can occur from the lack of it.

• Like 1

@NCFC; What does a ghost look like ? are they semi-transparent ? Can they move through walls ? Was the ghost aware of you ? Did the ghost try to interact with you ? Serious questions.

the ghost we saw was dressed in a child's nightclothes and semi-transparent seeing it was not just seeing with eyes but also feeling a presence somehow outside the normal senses. The ghost was standing at the doorway looking at me as though wanting attention but not communicating. After standing still for a couple of minutes it turned around and walked into the kitchen. I followed but it had just disappeared.

Another thing. When I mentioned it to my wife I did so in a way so not to suggest what I had seen but my wife described exactly what I had seen without any prompting from me.

• Like 2

It's no less "real" than believing that a guy was nailed to a cross, resurrected, performed miracles, etc.

Here's a great little Ebook by an expert in the genre....

http://www.amazon.com/Buddha-Magic-Occultism-Thailand-Issue-ebook/dp/B005X4KMBU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1388720751&sr=8-7&keywords=buddha+magic

So, while the fundamentalist Dawkins/Darwin/Atheist crowd can shout "flying spaghetti monster" til the cows come home--it won't change the fact that if you believe in it--then it's real (to you at least).

*going to go feed my Thai ghost baby (Gumon Tong) now*

Even the most skeptical anthropologists are usually willing to set aside their personal doubts and really try to understand the animist side to Thailand without dismissing it as a bunch of hog wash. No doubt, many Thai Visa members are far too rational to spend any amount of time actually researching the beliefs and where they come from (most beliefs/myths are ubiquitous through Southeast Asia). If you are really interested in this subject, PM me and I will forward you the mother of all reading lists on this wacky little corner of world religion.

Edited by KuhnPaen

if you believe in it--then it's real (to you at least).

This is called being delusional - a pathological condition that is often classified as a mental illness.

or it's called "religious experience". Are you saying everyone who practices religion in the world is mentally ill?

copy that. carry on.