FA Cup 2014, Help!

PostmanPat

• 1 month later...

Eight different scorers in an FA Cup semi. And Google Glass being screened from the bench in La Liga. There's two things you don't see every day.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There was a lot of love for the FA Cup at Wembley Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

The old trophy might have lost some of its luster but every fan of Hull City and Sheffield United was a seven-year-old again and this was their Christmas morning.

As Elvis's swooning vocal boomed over the PA after Hull’s absorbing 5-3 victory, fans of both teams were on their feet applauding their team’s effort, reluctant to go home. But the rest of the country however, didn’t really care.

It seemed unfair that the two plucky underdogs had their big day overwhelmed by key league fixtures. Of course, fans of the Blades and the Tigers didn’t mind too much, so self-absorbed (and rightly so) were they in their own teams’ fortunes, but nonetheless, FA Cup semi-finals used to be a special day for everyone, not just supporters of the participants. So how do we give some much needed shock treatment to a competition which has felt like it has been on life support for a number of years? It is time to start considering some radical ideas.

Eight ways to reinvent the FA Cup

^ Agree to an extent mate as it was always incredibly difficult to get tickets when Wembley (and Cardiff) were known as Anfield South smile.png but. as Hull havent had more than 25k fans at a game all season, if they were given many more...most would end up with non-supporters or touts. Additionally, many of the 40k go to grassroots football....normally 1 or 2 tickets per affiliated teams throughout the country,

• 5 weeks later...

I presume the FA cup final will be shown on Ch7 ? Is there a way to get English commentary for this game ?

You just have to press the duel language button and hope for the best. If it's not, then it's not, there's no magic way of getting English commentary.

Not sure what the dual language button is ??

Looked at the bugaboo site but not sure what that is telling me as it's in Thai.................................................

I have Expat TV so I could watch at home with English commentary but I would rather watch in a bar as it's my home towns first ever FA cup final...........

If it's on Satellite, it is broadcast from the UK with English audio track and a "crowd only" track.

It all depends if (a) the broadcaster decides to broadcast them both, and put their own Thai whizzkids on the "crowd only" track; (B) They balls it up and have the Thais blabbing all over the English commentary; © They forget the English commentary entirely.

On the satellite decoder remote is usually an audio button that lets you switch between audio tracks if they are there.

But it all depends on Thais, and, well..........

Err ... it started 2 years ago (when your mob were in it??!!)

Apparently the viewing audience is bigger at 5pm than 3pm. Bu$$er tradition, money talksbiggrin.png

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/10187282/FA-Cup-back-on-BBC-but-final-will-controversially-remain-a-5.15pm-kick-off.html

Err ... it started 2 years ago (when your mob were in it??!!)

Apparently the viewing audience is bigger at 5pm than 3pm. Bu$$er tradition, money talksbiggrin.png

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/10187282/FA-Cup-back-on-BBC-but-final-will-controversially-remain-a-5.15pm-kick-off.html

They'll bring out a T20 version of football next!! I'm with wilai - think I'll be watching the Spanish event thumbsup.gif