Gay Night - Time Out - Rca

Murf

Free Entry and a new club were enough to get me up to Time Out for their 1st Gay Night.

Hunky topless male dancers and equally shirtless male bar tenders were the theme for the night. There was a good atmosphere due to everyone being so friendly, the crowd obviously came to party, and so did the staff. Just to make things even more interesting there was a four poster bed in the middle of the dance floor, which later in the night was used like a bouncy castle, it added a 'different' factor to the night as the crowd were going crazy on it. The music was a blend of funky house tunes which set the tone for the night, i expected some Erasure and Elton John, but alas no Crocodile Rock for me! The crowd was mainly gay men, a couple of Ladyboys were spotted, there were quite a few ladies there and i even spotted a western couple getting down. Drinks prices are much the same as other Bangkok clubs but i did notice they were doing a promotion at the moment on 100 pipers, 1 bottle for 900baht, which is a steal, definitley worth investing in if you are there with a few friends. Targeting their first night towards a busy saturday night scene is a bold move indeed, however i believe it really could be an ongoing success, if last saturday is anything to judge by.

Gay or Straight its well worth a look if you want a party with a difference.

You can check out www.bangkokspin.com for further details and pictures :o

Edited by Alfi

Bars have done gay nights in RCA before ... they last awhile and are fun ... worth doing.

seems that the 2 different places i have gone were 50% farang .. kinda trendy ... not quite my scene.

@Richards is having their grand opening party on the 17th ... food drinks etc ... they have been open for a couple of months and have been in soft-opening.

<PS Pipers is cheap there! ... they have member/vip cards ... happy hour ... and are a bit more quiet/laid back than most Silom places!>

@Richards is located in Silom Soi 2/1 <soi freeman> next door to Freeman Arena <another relatively roomy nice disco with a show .. Freeman also just had a Renovation ... well worth a visit!

Edited by jdinasia

It's always good news to hear about another gay-friendly club- but will they ever have a gay night again, or is this a one-off thing?

"Steven"

Yeah - i think its going to be a weekly event. :o