Thai banks, do they know something I don't?

Myanmar only wants pristine westetn currency, but will accept trashy Thai notes. Indo, India want clean notes and return avg to decent notes - but when you get in the street, the notes are a complete disaster. I once had a one rupee not encased in plastic.

Thete is an art to fobbing off your tattered currency.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its actually a lot to do with new forgery of western notes as well -the fake euros and dollars are so good now

its not easy to tell the differnce so new notes in perfect condition have a much larger chance of acceptance since

the fakes dont always have the advanced security feautures the brand new bills have

I came here 23 years ago ,foreign money then had to be perfect ,not a mark ,i always braught new notes ,also it was an offence to write on a note and deface the kings portrait ,things have changed in many ways ,but they still want "good" foreign notes .

Thanks to all, a good deal of the feedback has been noted, especially that of personal experience [world-wide].

It would appear that perhaps my 'attitude' has been a little bullish, and expectations too high.

After almost 14 years in Tryland, one can over-react because of the 'collective' daily trials and challenges; not making excuses, just saying one thing leads to another...

It still grates me, but on this subject I'll try to remember the input I've had.

• Like 1

I have to wonder how long you've been here. You actually answered your own question but you don't want that answer - you cannot expect them to know everything. You were lucky to get a straight answer when she said she did not know. It's far more common for a local to make up an answer than to say "I don't know." And if you have trouble with those staples in your passport I also have to wonder how long you'll last here. I mean no disrespect - it's just my opinion.

If you read some of his posts, you would know what he is like.

I have to wonder how long you've been here. You actually answered your own question but you don't want that answer - you cannot expect them to know everything. You were lucky to get a straight answer when she said she did not know. It's far more common for a local to make up an answer than to say "I don't know." And if you have trouble with those staples in your passport I also have to wonder how long you'll last here. I mean no disrespect - it's just my opinion.

Silly me, I was actually of the thought that this was the ideal place to have a little rant?

Silly me, I was actually of the thought that this was the ideal place to have a little rant?

Whatever gave you that impression? Mostly posters are positive, balanced and truly in love with their adopted country .

Contrary opinions to the norm are not at all welcome . My heart bleeds for the suffering that you have been subject too, and I would in all honesty make an appeal to whatever authority deals with human rights abuses in this part of the world.

I myself have suffered being behind ignorant and belligerent falangss in bank queues, barking at the natives, bless 'em and demanding that something be done. Where is my justice,? I hear you ask. "It really is not fair," I reply. Cobblers, you respond.

Why don't they just get it that we know best and that their way of doing business is so flawed? Christ knows, but they just do not get it! Get it?

Edited by prestburypark

"Mostly posters are positive, balanced and truly in love with their adopted country"...really, we must be reading different material"£$%^&@?

"Contrary opinions to the norm are not at all welcome"...had you said "not always", I'd take you seriously.

I, like everybody else, must remember this in future and think of your particular needs before posting. My deepest apologies.