New Years Celebration at Linda's Restaurant

henry2109

Just came back from New Years Celebration at Linda's Restaurant in Jomtien. I am (was) a big fan of this Restaurant because of their breakfast. They have a good choice of different breakfasts to fair prices. The service, ambiance and presentation of the food is first class. That is why I bought a ticket for me and my girlfriend for New Years Celebration. Price was 1'450 Baht a ticket. I was told they provide some live music and expected a nice dinner up to their standards.

Now I am back pretty early, very much disapointed, as well as some other people who left early. The dinner just was a small buffet, with meatballs, two kind of chicken, fried rice, potatoes, two vegetables. And there was a "special" desert, which was watermelon, papaya and pineapple. I .was told that there was a glass of sparkling wine included at midnight, but we missed that. A cocktail cost 320 Baht, a bottle of wine 1'850 Baht (not the house wine, that is usually hardly drinkable).

The restaurant was more than crowded, there were to many tables and chairs sold, as a result pretty unpleasant to sit like a sardine.

Usually, you get this kind of buffet in Pattaya for under 400 Baht. So the New Years Premium must be 1'050 Baht. I certainly will not be back soon.

Anybody had some similar experiances with his/her New Years dinner?

• Like 1

Yes I paid 1100b and the food was not good at all. It started with pate and onions witch basically was liver wurst, then a soup that was not udentitiable. Then a choice of chicken or Thai Noah chicken. I returned the roasted chicken as it was dry and no flavor, the vegetables where canned and gross. The Thai was a cocoanut chicken again chicken was extremely dry. It tasted like paste

If you want to eat a buffet on New Years eve don't expect much , most restaurants are overpriced , still a big crowd there who wants to celebrate new year.

If you really want to eat the best food and celebrate with style , try Hilton Pattaya next year, yes its more expensive but you will not get disappointed .

• Like 1

Even 5 stars give shxt for NEw year, I remember a fake Chinese foie gras that I almost thrown out.

How old are you to still don't know that one must like to be cheated to pay any NY eve dinner and especially buffet ?

And this restaurant particulary is ONLY good for breakfast but is a scam for anything else, you should know that already.

I agree about the breakfast there, can be quite good in a very pleasant atmosphere but portions are small. Dinner is another story, a place I avoid. Average food and way overpriced. I remember eating a burger there, Linda herself came out and asked me if I enjoyed it, she proudly said she prepared the meat herself. I politely told her what I thought of it.

• Like 1

Most of these special holiday meals are overpriced but NYE seems to be more of a scam than Xmas, presumably because NYE is a real one-off event but Xmas can be celebrated over several days/times. The Xmas special thing I went to this year (good value at 695B) was in fact available all day and all evening for nearly a week.

Walking around the Jomtien Complex area (very close to Linda's) the other day I noticed a large number of places doing special meals for NYE and one or two of them were much better value than the meal described by the OP, with a good selection of expensive imported ingredients. But many of the others seemed way overpriced also with very boring menus that would cost a quarter of the price on any other day. Not to mention the money they must be hoping to make from drinks during the evening.

Even Shenanigans for Xmas was charging 1200B for a not-very-seasonal buffet menu that you can find for a third of that price in many places most Sundays.

So presumably all these restaurants do it because the pigeons just keep coming regardless of the price.

• Like 1

I took the g/f out to my local restaurant in the evening and had some decent food, as ever. Then we went home and got ready for the nights celebrations, set off to Beach road in Pattaya and were sat in the J(p)oker? bar drinking leos at 60 Baht a go and with live music. We watched plenty of fireworks, people spraying snow everywhere and had a really great time.

At midnight everyone piled onto beach road itself to see the main fireworks, then back into the bar. Had some chicken on a stick as a snack before moving onto the next bar.

Maybe not everybodys cup of tea, but it turned out to be a really great night out with happy people everywhere.

Not for me, one of those set price restaurants or 'dos' for the night. I would rather be flexible and make my own fun.

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with your 'do'. Something like that can really spoil the expectations of a good night out.

• Like 1