lao bashing

williamta20012

look.. I really dont want to be a lao basher but I just have to write this.

Remember those lao notes with stupid numbers written on them, well I had like a few zillon kip worth in my wallet, I left them there for a few days,.

they started to annoy me so I decided to get rid of the buggers, the first bank krung sri or something told me that THEY DONT ACCEPT THEM LOL

I asked why and she got annoyed.

I went to a chinese money changer, she didnt take them either!! I asked why and she just shook her head eyeing them

long story short OF COURSE BANGKOK BANK TOOK THEM

im going to try and talk to the chinese money exchangers more, they seem pretty switched on, im talking to my hand in this place

why making problems for few bucks ? You even annoy people on this forum with your post :-)

I consider your topic very useful as a warning to those of us who travel ,about hanging on to foreign currency's.keep us informed about your experiences and just ignore the keyboard travelers.

IHuh? I opened this post because I thought it was about getting completely rat-a*rsed on alcohol - a topical subject for the New Year.

Now I find that it has nothing to do with a good party and even nothing to do with the population north of Thailand.

Perhaps you should change the title to 'Lao PDR bashing', or 'Laos bashing' and not confuse everyone :)

• Like 1

why making problems for few bucks ? You even annoy people on this forum with your post :-)

I consider your topic very useful as a warning to those of us who travel ,about hanging on to foreign currency's.keep us informed about your experiences and just ignore the keyboard travelers.

thank so much, that means a lot to me

IHuh? I opened this post because I thought it was about getting completely rat-a*rsed on alcohol - a topical subject for the New Year.

Now I find that it has nothing to do with a good party and even nothing to do with the population north of Thailand.

Perhaps you should change the title to 'Lao PDR bashing', or 'Laos bashing' and not confuse everyone smile.png

Funny that because my girlfriend is from "Laos" and never says " I go to Laos" or "I go to Lao PDR". "it's always "I go to Lao"!

Even on my first trip to Lao, I knew that Kip were not welcome in Thailand and was told to only exchange as much as I needed, spend it all and consider any Kip left over to be a souvenir!

As stated by a previous poster, you can just spend THB in most places.

As for Lao bashing....

I like Lao, a lot!

Great beer.

Great coffee.

Great French food.

Great French bread.

Nice people

Pretty girls

Fun bars

and Pizza with marijuana on it!

post-147745-0-63703800-1388553584_thumb.

I like Lao, a lot!

One of my wifes Laos workers spent last night holed up in their room here with a girl, while the rest of them shouted that they were coming before entering. I think we know what they were doing.

His wife works for the wifes aunt, she was at their party.

If she finds out I suspect there will be some Laos bashing.

Edited by arthurwait

those of us who travel(led) do not keep funny money such as Lao Kip, Vietnamese Dong, Cambodian Riel or Angolese Kwacha except as souvenir. the OP has learned a valuable lesson.