Another inexpensive lifetime membership at Tony's gym.

addy77

Seriously, a yearly memberhip for 35,000 baht at the Royal Cliff Health Club is a bargain by comparison. You actually get something for your money. They are stocked with very expensive, new model cardio machines which cost at least 300,000 baht each to purchase. ( I know this for a fact as I was looking into buying a Cybex Arc Trainer for home use). They even use their air conditioning.

At Tony's you're paying for a room full of junk, so it's quite expensive if you consider what you're getting.

If you're on the Naklua side of town, I would recommend the Centara Grand Hotel Gym. It's newer and nicer than Royal Cliff for a bit less per annum.

Just to give you some idea of how I feel about Tony's gyms .... I have a lifetime membership at all his facilities yet I'm considering paying 35K for a yearly membership at Royal Cliff. Having trained off and on at all his main gyms since 2005, I have a very good idea of what's on offer.

If you don't use your membership it is not cheap. I would estimate that over 90% of paid up members don't ever go or go a few times and quit... that's why he can keep offering his "once in a lifetime" lifetime membership deals every year - the gyms are never overcrowded.

Tony has done the gym business in Pattaya a huge disfavour by flooding the market with rooms full of junk masquerading as gyms and making it impossible for any decent facility to become established. It was a great business move - granted, but for people who like to train in real gyms it's very unfortunate.

(True story - not so long ago I left my very wet sweatband on the floor not far from the desk in the main gym. I found it in exactly the same spot a few days later - dried out and stuck to the floor)

Please note: this is my personal opinion and opinions do differ. Some people love to train at Tony's.

To funny these posts for gums. Most of them have very low quality equipment and many broken equipment. The reason the reduction of pricing is to represent the true very low quality. I hope one day a real gym will open in Pattaya

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hate these dirty gyms more and more but they are the only ones open 24 hours.

Hope wefitness and the other new company that started to open new gyms in Bangkok will also open one in Pattaya (before they definitively close because they are stupid enough to use the same business model as CWow).

Haven't seen it mentioned in these forums yet but Tony is about to open another sweatbox....

Pratumnak soi 4 right behind the 9 hole golf course. Looks like he has spent more money on the fence than anything else. Typical tin roof set up. No walls, 2 small change rooms. Equipment started arriving this week. All second hand of course.

Haven't seen it mentioned in these forums yet but Tony is about to open another sweatbox....

Pratumnak soi 4 right behind the 9 hole golf course. Looks like he has spent more money on the fence than anything else. Typical tin roof set up. No walls, 2 small change rooms. Equipment started arriving this week. All second hand of course.

He goes around his other gyms and decides what he can take out and stocks his new gyms with it. He took quite a bit of equipment out of the tent gym not long ago.

At Tony's don't become too attached to any piece of equipment as sooner or later it's bound to disappear.

To funny these posts for gums. Most of them have very low quality equipment and many broken equipment. The reason the reduction of pricing is to represent the true very low quality. I hope one day a real gym will open in Pattaya

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hate these dirty gyms more and more but they are the only ones open 24 hours.

Hope wefitness and the other new company that started to open new gyms in Bangkok will also open one in Pattaya (before they definitively close because they are stupid enough to use the same business model as CWow).

Tony will do his best to prevent any decent gym taking up roots as he's flooding every corner of town with new ones.

I think if a decent chain opens up a branch here Tony will see many of his members vacate. He's letting the quality of his gyms sink so low there would be a mass exodus. Most people don't train at Tony's because it's cheap or a great place to train, but because they don't have much choice.

There is definitely a big middle-market in the gym business that is yet to be tapped. Tony could fill that middle market if he wanted to, but right now he's doing great with his current business model.

Get used to it, FH69- This is Pattaya... where (nearly) everything and everyone is low quality & broken down.

cool.png.pagespeed.ce.jz1nB6CMOI.png

...including your grade 8 English skills; However - in fairness - you were able to spell correctly.laugh.png

Come on bro, a gym thread is no place for grammar Nazis.... and just FYI, people from many nationalities post here, so it's not cool to comment on quality of English.

You lot have all gone soft, all you need is a cow carcass and a hook, that's how rocky used to train.

On a separate theme always amazes me how many fools are on steroids in Thailand, hate to see their kidneys in their 40s.

Gone soft? Training at Tony's is a mark of a man - it's that unpleasant. It's nearly as primitive as how rocky used to train.biggrin.png If you can train there you can train anywhere.

• 1 year later...

He goes around his other gyms and decides what he can take out and stocks his new gyms with it. He took quite a bit of equipment out of the tent gym not long ago.

At Tony's don't become too attached to any piece of equipment as sooner or later it's bound to disappear.

As in all of Pattaya, "don't become attached to any piece of equipment as sooner or later it's bound to disappear" -or find a new sponsor.