Allegations of Pattaya Police Brutality involving Russian Female Tourist

webfact

All of you don't understand what you are watching...this was not a police slapping. Her face clearly assaulted his open hand while he was kindly getting ready to wai and let her be free with no fine. She will now be charged with aggravated facial assault on a police officer.....5 years prison, 1 million baht fine, and lots of photos with pointers..or she can sign the confession and she has to leave Thailand today.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any man that strikes a woman is lower that whale shit. You lose the right to be called a man the moment you lay hands on a woman in anger - there can be no excuse and it is a cowardly and despicable act. This officer needs firing.

who told you that?

there are many situations where strike is the only way.

and if in your eyes somebody lost the right to be called somebody - nobody cares

Edited by JJttttt1
  • Like 1

Help !! Am I watching the right video?? Look at the clip at 59 seconds - as she walks towards the footpath she appears to hit the BIB thus provoking retaliation ?????

I was just about to say the same thing, at 0:59 looks like she smacked him in the back of the head. Video is bad so hard to tell for sure.

"If" she did though, I still don't agree with the cop belting her. However in Canada you would find yourself face down on the sidewalk handcuffed and pepper sprayed for smacking him in the back of the head, or even trying for that matter. Then carted off jail to face charges.

• Like 1

Help !! Am I watching the right video?? Look at the clip at 59 seconds - as she walks towards the footpath she appears to hit the BIB thus provoking retaliation ?????

I was just about to say the same thing, at 0:59 looks like she smacked him in the back of the head. Video is bad so hard to tell for sure.

"If" she did though, I still don't agree with the cop belting her. However in Canada you would find yourself face down on the sidewalk handcuffed and pepper sprayed for smacking him in the back of the head, or even trying for that matter. Then carted off jail to face charges.

I totally with you on all points, but let's just consider for a moment

1. Unclear video could lead to "doubt" in a Court of law

2. Think about the Loss of Face for the BIB if she did hit him

3. This could well be a case of her getting off very lightly.

All of the above "IMHO" tongue.png

• Like 1

She tried to interrupt a policeman on duty (may be thought it will be unpunished because she is a woman), so the policeman did everything correct.

if she was not agree with what he was doing she should go by legal way but not trying to fight with police..

The officer did everything right. Hopefully these tourists kicked out of the country.

Ukrainian russian-hater come, here we go smile.png

That's the problem. There is no legal way in Pattaya and this cop had no right to do what he did. And tell me where in the book of standard operating procedures for police does it say hit people who are standing up for their rights?

• Like 1

It very much does look like she hit him or slapped him somewhere. Because you notice the instant after, he spun around and she backed off very quickly like she was expecting retaliation. And of course she got it. Doesn't excuse the cop, though. Whether that's a hanging offence or not, I don't know, but he certainly deserves something for his total lack of discipline and professionalism. The woman deserves at least a night in the cells for being a drop kick.

He was just doing his job and she likely got too sassy with the WRONG guy who happens to be a police officer.

Having been on the receiving end of more than one sorry and misguided Russian thinking they are the sht in Pattaya (and yes I wanted to do the same), "I understand" the officer and she is lucky she is still walking the streets. TIT and you do NOT kcuf with the BiB.

• Like 1

She tried to interrupt a policeman on duty (may be thought it will be unpunished because she is a woman), so the policeman did everything correct.

if she was not agree with what he was doing she should go by legal way but not trying to fight with police..

The officer did everything right. Hopefully these tourists kicked out of the country.

Ukrainian russian-hater come, here we go smile.png

That's the problem. There is no legal way in Pattaya and this cop had no right to do what he did. And tell me where in the book of standard operating procedures for police does it say hit people who are standing up for their rights?

Standing up for her rights? I have no idea what was going on of if there was a scam involved. I know, It's Pattaya, good chance there was.

Now I am not sure she took a swat at the cop, but I watched the video a number of times and it sure looks like she did. In what country is it a good idea to take a smack at a cop, regardless of him being right or wrong? It's not going to end well for you no matter what.

• Like 1

Absolutely right! When the video went "viral", the "cop in question" was called in by his supervisor and was going to be disciplined or fired. Later, the girl in the video went in and explained what really happened. She was trying to take a photo of the policeman and he didn't want her to do so. He was "fanning away" -so to speak - the phone-cam and, on the video, it "looks" like he smacked her. All of this was on the local news here in Pattaya earlier today.

Fom my experience, a policeman using physical force is only justified if it is:

In self defense

In defense of another to prevent an injury

To affect an arrest where the arrestee is resisting

I'm not familiar with the Thai Police Academy Training, assuming the officer attended one, and I wonder what that training is to gain willfull compliance in this particular situation.

Hopefully, corporal punishment to gain compliance is not being taught. Otherwise, we are all subject to being slapped and pushed around.

I've been cursed at, called names, ignored and taunted by contacts, and slapping them upside the head was always a passing thought. Carrying out those ideations carries consequences, which this Sergeant Major may well find out.

Of course, my former department standards don't apply here and in the LOS, a traffic offense may sometimes be accompanied by a smack or two.

Peace All

• Like 2

Any man that strikes a woman is lower that whale shit. You lose the right to be called a man the moment you lay hands on a woman in anger - there can be no excuse and it is a cowardly and despicable act. This officer needs firing.

You're right. But - not every female - you can call a woman)))

And more so...

Not every male you can call a man....

Edited by Andre0720
  • Like 1

So slapping a woman and then running away like a coward is ok by you.....your police friends might be ok but this guy is a coward and a waste of space, just my opinion since you were able to have one

• Like 1

I know police officers in Thailand, they are good people. And yet - I know very well Russian. So I'm one hundred percent - officer did everything right. Hopefully it will not take a penalty of more than one hundred baht.

Just pray, you never cross one of those 'good people'

Actully, reading you like how this man assaulted a woman, I hope will have some dealings with these good people!

Could be, it looks like 1 of 2 things, either she is slapping her thigh with frustration as she walking past because her hand ends up by her right thigh or she hits the policeman on the shoulder as she walks past. Really difficult to be sure.

Whatever she did the policeman was wrong. If she hit him he should have arrested her for assaulting a police officer which I am sure can carry a severe punishment. Secondly, he is a man and a man hitting a woman is a cowardly thing, so he deserves to be punished.

Not knowing all of the circumstances he should at least be demoted and lose pay with a suspension. If however, she didn't hit him and he just lost his temper you have to question whether he is suitable for doing such a job.