Why so many unhappy farang in Bangkok / Pattaya bars?

Tmymaimee

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. (Not unusual)

Is the OPs problem grumpy old men in bars or good-looking young foreigner men with no personality?

We can all speculate on the OP's problems. I think it's poor education.

We could also speculate regarding the meaning of his original post, and there, I can offer less sensible speculation

SC

This post began with an observation regarding grumpy old sad looking men sitting around bars drinking. Truth is, those men are in cheap bars all over the world. The difference is that in Thailand many bars are open air — most tourist would never look into Joe's Tavern in New Jersey. The world is full of sad people who have nothing left to do but drink their lives away, for one reason or another. They share their misery with one another, because we all know that misery likes company. I'd speculate that most men who had boring or non-inspiring jobs, who drank after work every night and lost the wife and respect of children, don't want to river-raft or bungie jump after retirement. Coming to Thailand may actually be their bravest move, but they haven't changed and Joe's Tavern will need to be replaced with duplicate drinking buddies, now in another land. It's all a part of the rich fabric of life. We can observe and join in — or observe and walk on. Sometimes judgments are the fear that you may end up like that, one of them. I don't have those fears at my age . . . I want to live to be 100 and have those bar girl tell me that I don't look a day over 80. I have many reasons to stay sober and live life to the fullest. We always have that choice.

• Like 1

Maybe some bar girls are bullshitting me

No way ! Can't happen. I checked this out too, and they said the same for me.cheesy.gif

OK - maybe all Thai bar girls are bullshitting me, but they're damn good at it. Really, where in the US can you find a beautiful 22 year old galwho tells a 66 year old man he looks and performs like a 40 year old, after you paid her $60 to rock your world? Anyway, isn't that the job of a good hooker, to tell the man what he wants to hear?

Maybe some bar girls are bullshitting me

No way ! Can't happen. I checked this out too, and they said the same for me.cheesy.gif

OK - maybe all Thai bar girls are bullshitting me, but they're dam_n good at it. Really, where in the US can you find a beautiful 22 year old galwho tells a 66 year old man he looks and performs like a 40 year old, after you paid her $60 to rock your world? Anyway, isn't that the job of a good hooker, to tell the man what he wants to hear?

Thats what I call service! Hope you are leaving good tips.