Chalerm to propose a reform assembly to write a new Thai charter

webfact

A brilliant tactician this man.(not!!)......how can Thai politics ever move forward with people of his calibre in the line up.

To think that people here actually think he's the Man is beyond comprehension....an utterly embarrasing liability!

"........................................To think that people here actually think he's the Man is beyond comprehension................................................."

You think that is beyond comprehension ??? That's nothing mate, only the tip of the iceberg !

There are people with the mentality of a bedbug posting crap on here every day, like - Thaksin is innocent of any crimes, that he was framed, Yingluck is a good PM and is doing a good job, the redshirts are honest, hardworking, non-violent people who genuinely love Thaksin (nothing to do with the money he pays them to do his dirty work) and anyone who dislikes/hates/detests the Shinawatra regime is a rabid Democrat who wears yellow pajamas to bed. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I think you need to take a step back from the computer mate. Its the new year, chill out- not sure partaking in forum discussion is good for your health.

Funny you should respond to my post smutty............................................................whistling.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess 99 must be a lucky number. As much as I don't like the policies of the current government they were

democratically elected and this council of 99 has as much chance of success as Suthep who only succeeded

in raising corruption during his time when the Democrats were installed to run the country buy the military in 2006.

The Idea of working outside the framework of democracy would not be appealing to me especially with

the track record of Suthep.

I guess 99 must be a lucky number. As much as I don't like the policies of the current government they were

democratically elected and this council of 99 has as much chance of success as Suthep who only succeeded

in raising corruption during his time when the Democrats were installed to run the country buy the military in 2006.

The Idea of working outside the framework of democracy would not be appealing to me especially with

Good post, i really have nothing against reform and think the protests are actually doing a good job of raising the concerns and will hopefully in time improve Governance.

My issue is i just fail to see how a so called 'People's council' could actually work in practice.i.e who would select those to join the panel? What legal power would they have to make sure any of their reforms were inacted? and probably most importantly why would the politicians, police, judges etc etc who have benefited from corruption for so long, actually want to increase their chances of actually doing some time for their crimes?

My view is that Suthep does not want a People's council anyway which is why he has given next to no details on it, he wants the army to come in and will antagonize enough until enough people are killed which will draw the army out as a 'last resort'. Whether the Generals actually believe the army will stay united should they try and have a Coup is another matter which might be holding them back.

Reminding peole that this guy is a government minister and letting him announce plans for an assembly and talk about men-in-black should give a good boost should give a great boost to the number of protestors on 13 Jan. Any type of reform should make it impossible for someone like this to hold any form of public office, or even walk the streets.

I am pretty sure that head is photo shopped on, it doesn't look real.

It does look detached, maybe they glued it back on after he cut it off!

He did have brain surgery recently. Wouldn't they have had to shave his head?

I think you'll find he sits on it! crazy.gif

Sounds like a bit of a fantasy but is probably something already cleared by Thaksin as an idea to be floated. The elections proceed on 2 Feb but fail to fill 95% of the seats. Meanwhile Yingluck's government remains in power in caretaker mode and has control over the setting up of a reform assembly in charge of re-writing the constitution along the lines wanted by Big T. The flaw is that the minority will not accept this while Yingluck is still in power and Thaksin's goons are able to manipulate things. They need to resign first.

I am pretty sure that head is photo shopped on, it doesn't look real.

It does look detached, maybe they glued it back on after he cut it off!

He did have brain surgery recently. Wouldn't they have had to shave his head?

Brain surgery on Chalerm would only need a small pin prick.

You seem a little confused there Ulic, perhaps I can help you.

For a start corruption dropped when the Dems were in power then rose again sharply when PT took office to the now record level.

Don't believe me check it out, the info is all out there.

The history of the Democrats coming to power has been gone into in detail several times on this forum and if you cant understand by now that they were not installed my the military but came to power after 2 Thaksin proxy parties had been in power after the coup. then You never will.

As for the track record of Suthep, it might be great if you were to compare his record with that of the members of the PT party, past government and senate.

By doing that you would see just how many of them have criminal charges waiting to be heard against them, how many are out on bail and how many have been banned from politics in the past.

As for democracy, do you really believe the PT govt was acting in a democratic manner ?

It would seem that you do not think this country needs reforms

It's ugly but it's a proactive political move. It still say 'election' and 'progress' on the tv in funny ways if you are watching a long way away. The opposition parties seem to currently be relying on sentiment and must make a move themselves to "Wow" the people asking questions. (And I'm aware that I'm not using the Thai interpretation of the word wow, however apt in political strategy and the corresponding PR moves of any policy).

I would love to see the opposition sink it's teeth unanimously into any 'plan' just to have a good alternative and counter-argument when asked it's direction. This situation can be solved maybe with countering the populist politics in the same mode of enthusiasm and organisation shown to stage counter-street protests. Idealism may need to heed to realism. That's my 50 satang.

The timing is very interesting.
First the father of the sharp shooter at 02.01.2014; 07:05
Regarding the “men in black” seen on the rooftop of the Labour Ministry on December 26 as shown in social media,
Chalerm denied that they were policemen but they were protesters attempting to use the Labour Ministry to carry out violent incidents.
Then the national police chef at 02.01.2014; 09:59
National Police Office commissioner Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew this morning admitted that the men in black” on the roof-top of the Labor Ministry’s building near the Thai-Japan youth centre in Din Daeng are police.
What a face loss.
The lie is obvious.
You can think whatever you want about the thai police, but no one breaks the unwritten law.
And this unwritten law exists in all police units around the world.
If you shoot a police officer, then you have all the police officers against you.
Forever!
This is a strong signal where the police stands.
I guess the days of his son, as an officer in the Royal Thai Police, are numbered.
The bad apples have to get out. This is the work the police have to do.
Clean up the own rows
No place for criminals and/or corrupt people in government, parliament or as a civil servant.
Edited by tomacht8

"...fresh election can be staged within 180 days to get additional MPs to fill up the shortfall so that the parliament can convene and start functioning."

A fresh election created with rotten eggs. Interesting recipe.

Plus,and most importantly, gives plenty of time to re open the Amnesty bill.

And equally the 22 Trillion loan.

What are all the references to Chalerm beheading himself to?

He told a meeting of UDD (I think)

"If I don't get thaksin back this year free(2013) I will cut my head off!"

We are still waiting, heck my wife would do it for him.

Edited by Mosha