thb falling vs other currencies

ultimate weapon

i told you what it wil do.

no need for explanation, i will be right or wrong.

ps

so far

cm has alwas been wrong, i have always been right.

cm provides reasons for his thoughts, i dont

who you gonna call .....

AnotherOneAmerican says so.cheesy.gif

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly it seems to be any bodies guess with almost all of the Asian currencies. The indo ruphia has moved from 8700 to 10,000 to the green back for years now the Thai baht has moved to under 30 and almost over 40 and my best guess is it will settle in at around 29 to 31 sooner than later.

Am I missing something? In the past couple of days the value of the Baht has gone up. Is that because of the good news?

Today it was 54.2/GBP

That's about the best in 4 years.

It will keep losing against the GBP until at least 60.

Civil war is approaching, with a high chance of a large death toll.

Foreign investors are moving their money out, at the moment the only way is down.

Doomsaying is one thing, but said 'death toll' is unlikely to exclude Farang who cant simply pack a suitcase and catch a cab to the airport - any chance we could show a little empathy for people who are already worried about what the future holds for Thailand and their families ? If you want to suggest that expats start heading to the airport, you should start a thread to that effect.

I agree, it can't be right that posters are allowed to stoke the fires of nervousness and uncertainty in this situation.

Thats great, from a guy who was trying to frighten everyone that their pensions would be worthless.

How long were you playing that game?

Is it 34 yet?

I agree, it can't be right that posters are allowed to stoke the fires of nervousness and uncertainty in this situation.

Sometimes you need to stoke the fires to get a good head of steam to get going, and my motto is to go before the trouble starts

SC

Isn't free speech wonderful, each of us are free to post our own perception of the world, whether nervous nellies or devil-may-care.

What I don't like is when I perceive that someone has an ax to grind, like people involved in flogging real estate to foreigners telling everyone there's no risk involved, or perhaps even some on the payroll of one side or the other in the red/yellow/whatever divide.

Thats great, from a guy who was trying to frighten everyone that their pensions would be worthless.

Is it 34 yet?

No it went to 32.9 so I guess you were wrong.

Isn't free speech wonderful, each of us are free to post our own perception of the world, whether nervous nellies or devil-may-care.

What I don't like is when I perceive that someone has an ax to grind, like people involved in flogging real estate to foreigners telling everyone there's no risk involved, or perhaps even some on the payroll of one side or the other in the red/yellow/whatever divide.

Sounds cool what site are you talking about?

cheesy.gif

And you mean 31.7 not 37.1, I guess!

Regardless, the EU is a unit, it is a market and it has its own currency, just like the US is a collection of insignificant states where the sum of the parts.... with similar ideas and a single currency, end of.

Some of the US states would be up high in the top 20 of countries in the world, so not so insignificant. But then again there are many pockets of the US that are indeed third-world economically and culturally, and that trend's likely to continue with growing disparity between rich and poor, the trend is all possible working- and middle- class jobs being sent offshore, real wages levels for ordinary people way below what they were decades ago.

I imagine one day there will be a United States of Europe, but it will probably require some pretty catastrophic events to get them to put aside their parochial differences.

But nobody's more parochial than most Americans, this whole argument seems pretty petty, "mine's bigger than yours".

Is it 34 yet?

The worst case scenario with a falling currency is that people can't afford to live here any longer, big difference from talking about dying through civil war, I think you're very wrong to promote that card.

cheesy.gif

And you mean 31.7 not 37.1, I guess!

Regardless, the EU is a unit, it is a market and it has its own currency, just like the US is a collection of insignificant states where the sum of the parts.... with similar ideas and a single currency, end of.

Some of the US states would be up high in the top 20 of countries in the world, so not so insignificant. But then again there are many pockets of the US that are indeed third-world economically and culturally, and that trend's likely to continue with growing disparity between rich and poor, the trend is all possible working- and middle- class jobs being sent offshore, real wages levels for ordinary people way below what they were decades ago.

I imagine one day there will be a United States of Europe, but it will probably require some pretty catastrophic events to get them to put aside their parochial differences.

But nobody's more parochial than most Americans, this whole argument seems pretty petty, "mine's bigger than yours".

Like Scotland eh?

OP: "I didn't check the other countries just mine and it's back to a historic high"

There are 13 countries listed in your photo.

None are "other countries" that you "checked" ?

baht/$ was 40 not so long ago, so definitely not a "historic high" !!

Other than that, you were spot on.

5 5

OP: "I didn't check the other countries just mine and it's back to a historic high"
5 5

The last time USD/THB was at 40 was around January 2006, the high seems to have been 45.4 in November 1999. Actually there was a spike to almost 56 one year earlier but I've discounted that since it was a direct result of the crash.

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 1

5 5

To be honest i couldn't care less about the currencies of the other countries.

To be honest i couldn't care less about the currencies of the other countries.

Then why would you post in a thread titled "other currencies?" OCP? Obsessive compulsive posting?

cos if the thb falls vs one currency it usually falls against others and looking at the political situation in thailand right now one doesn't even need to look at the forex charts to know that the thb should be falling. This is true of all currencies.

cos if the thb falls vs one currency it usually falls against others and looking at the political situation in thailand right now one doesn't even need to look at the forex charts to know that the thb should be falling. This is true of all currencies.

You seem like an expert. So what has it done in the past two weeks? Been a big political turmoil has the baht moved much? So ya all think it is Thai politics that pushes the baht eh? And not the US dollar?

• Like 1

You seem like an expert. So what has it done in the past two weeks? Been a big political turmoil has the baht moved much? So ya all think it is Thai politics that pushes the baht eh? And not the US dollar?

The baht has lost about 1.5% against the ringgit in the last month.

SC

SC

How much in the past two weeks?

SC

How much in the past two weeks?

About 1.1%

SC

nice you reaffirm my statement.

Perhaps the US factory and jobs data giving the US$ a lift.

US data is mostly lies, official but lies.

Please share why and provide your data. Thanks.

Let's put it this way. If the BLS used the same method to calculate unemployment rates today as was used in 1994, the unemployment rate in the US would be around 14%. The Federal government is cooking the books at every turn to try and prop up confidence in a consumer driven economy In other words, they are lying through their teeth.

It was reported this week that there are 91.8 million working age adults in the US that are not in the work force. This is 1978 levels during the height of the recession in the US. Using BLS definitions, when these people lost their unemployment benefits, they were re-classified as being "no longer looking for employment", which removed them from the unemployed roles.. Which we know is utter bunk.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-10/people-not-labor-force-soar-record-918-million-participation-rate-plunges-1978-level

LFP%20Rate_0.jpg

Edited by Loptr

My point was that the fact that fracking and other new fossil-fuel extraction methods poison our groundwater can be seen as a positive side-effect from a strictly capitalist economic POV, an excellent example of the disconnect between public good and economic growth.

If you understood the geology of fracking, you would not be concerned. There is little to no chance of poisoning ground water. Just more fear tactics from the ecological movements.

• Like 2

Perhaps the US factory and jobs data giving the US$ a lift.

US data is mostly lies, official but lies.

Please share why and provide your data. Thanks.

Let's put it this way. If the BLS used the same method to calculate unemployment rates today as was used in 1994, the unemployment rate in the US would be around 14%. The Federal government is cooking the books at every turn to try and prop up confidence in a consumer driven economy In other words, they are lying through their teeth.

It was reported this week that there are 91.8 million working age adults in the US that are not in the work force. This is 1978 levels during the height of the recession in the US. Using BLS definitions, when these people lost their unemployment benefits, they were re-classified as being "no longer looking for employment", which removed them from the unemployed roles.. Which we know is utter bunk.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-10/people-not-labor-force-soar-record-918-million-participation-rate-plunges-1978-level

LFP%20Rate_0.jpg

The actual unemployment rate in the US today is around 21-22%,just look at last Friday's woeful Non-Farm Payrolls print!

If you understood the geology of fracking, you would not be concerned. There is little to no chance of poisoning ground water. Just more fear tactics from the ecological movements.

Ya right. I'm betting your living comes from some aspect of the petro biz?

Ya right. I'm betting your living comes from some aspect of the petro biz?

I thought "Fracking" was the equivalent of planting trees?whistling.gif