Car made 2013, bough and registered 2014..

TramsRepus

I don't think the date that the car is come out off factory have any concern. Normally they look at the car on register date. During end of year, you should see more "Red plate" car than normal as People wait for registering in next year.

^ ^

I don't think the date that the car is come out off factory have any concern. Normally they look at the car on register date. During end of year, you should see more "Red plate" car than normal as People wait for registering in next year.

^ ^

That is also my opinion, but not sure.

In Thailand the car model year is the year that it is registered with DMT, not manufactured.

Assembled in 2013, registered in 2014 - it is a 2014 according to the Government.

Correct. It's recognized birth date will be when you get you white plates, not the manufacture date.

In Thailand the car model year is the year that it is registered with DMT, not manufactured.

Assembled in 2013, registered in 2014 - it is a 2014 according to the Government.

Correct. It's recognized birth date will be when you get you white plates, not the manufacture date.

Thanks for clearing that out.

Edited by TramsRepus

For what it is worth, I think for a CX5 few would look at it, since it is a new model, and the dates are almost the same.

However, many people (myself included) look at the manufactured date when buying 2nd hand cars. In your case doesn't matter much, but there are cars made in 2010 and first registered 2 or 3 years later (a lot of demonstrators for Euro cars are like this). Also a lot of import cars are 'claimed' say 2012, but are actually far older (e.g. 2004) because the date of the white plates is what is claimed in the ad.

However, that then would rely on someone being able to check the manufacture date, for BMW, VW etc you can use the VIN to check when it was made.

I know what the car looks like, but have no greater understanding than that, for any new model car what you might want to check is if there are any minor changes between the first cars off the production line and subsequent cars e.g. changes in firmware or settings, fixes for annoying things - e.g. Ford seems to have quite a few things when they released their new models relating to the dual clutch; won't make much difference to resale but would be worth checking to see if there is anything that you should check should be done prior to driving off (or making sure it is done at the first check up) just to get the best possible driving experience.

BTW it's a really really nice looking SUV. Great size, congrats!

• Like 1