Suthep to abandon main protest site at Bangkok's Democracy Monument

webfact

Suthep to abandon Democracy Monument

1-4-2014-10-20-06-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban announced to abandon the main protest site at the Democracy Monument to open “a new battle field” in the capital’s inner commercial zone to kick off the January 13 Bangkok shutdown to pressure the resignation of the caretaker prime minister.

In his address to several thousands of protesters still rallying at the monument for almost two months long last night, the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary-general Suthep said protesters would dismantle the key protest site from the Democracy Monument to other sites in the capital’s inner commercial zone.

“We will dismantle our stage, break our rice pots, move our kitchen, and open a new battle field to take over the capital,” Suthep announced.

He did not elaborate the exact location in the inner zone of the capital for the main stage but said he would be at all locations which will comprise over 20 in key intersection, T-sections and other commercial and business areas.

During his address to the crowd, the PDRC leader also recalled the current rallies by the police in the provinces said to protect the police dignity.

He said this was a plot against protesters by the caretaker government to disperse the legitimate mass demonstrations in the capital.

He said he was aware of the plot by the Thaksin regime to incite the police particularly in the North and Northeast.

He said senior police officers have held secret meetings and they agreed to gather up to 80,000 strong policemen to Bangkok to disperse protesters.

But he said some good senior officers who disagreed have told him about the plot.

Suthep said he had no scare of the plot and warned that even the police came in hundred thousands, they could never suppress the protesters which now numbers over several millions.

However the protest leader assured that the protesters would not fight the police but the Thaksin regime for the well-being of the later generations.

He said that the police planned to disperse protesters on January 11.

He then called on the national police chief and his deputies to call off the idea to suppress the people with a warning that if violence happened similar to the Din Daeng clashes, they would have no place in the country to live on.

“Our fight is non-violent resistance, with peace, and empty hands. If you intend to use force, use guns, all the violence will be on the tapes and will be displayed to the world to denounce you.”

The protest leader said he is an ordinary man and has nothing to lose now but to fight to the last until the Thaksin regime is completely uprooted and thrown out of the country.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-abandon-democracy-monument/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-04

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stirring the shit before the event has even happened. I hope the millions of people of Bangkok whose lives and livelihood are going to be disrupted and effected perhaps irreparably give this <deleted> short shrift and ignore him in their droves. I for one surely don't know how to get the Thaksin gang out if that's what people want but a possible long term disruption of innocent people's lives isn't it. Of course that's something that Suthep doesn't have to worry about or in fact give a <deleted> about cos he's alright Jack.

Bloody hell it's a bit late in the day to start going on about a return to morals or end to corruption. That particular horse bolted long ago. A bit like it's a bit late waiting for the wheel to fall off your car when it's been wobbling uncontrollably for the past 5 minutes.

• Like 1

It is really stupid, isn´t?
Why they not organize a statewide signatures action?
A simple petition.
Statewide!
I agree that in future no criminals and/or corrupt people can work in government, parliament or as a civil servant.
Yes / No
It will be excluded, from now on, all persons from the Parliament, which
a have criminal records.
b running free on bail.
c were already banned from parliament in the past.
d against are corruption or crime cases opened.
I agree Yes / No
I guess in 1 Week they can get a lot of signatures from all parts in Thailand.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

A link to a similar article on The Nation website displays a shortened title to fit the space available. Currently under the Heading of “Breaking News” appears four words: Suthep to Abandon Democracy.....

The rest of the article's title is cut off.

A concise account of Suthep's game plan – in four words.

• Like 2

A simple petition.
Statewide!
I agree that in future no criminals and/or corrupt people can work in government, parliament or as a civil servant.
Yes / No
a have criminal records.
b running free on bail.
I agree Yes / No

The problem with your masterplan is, that would leave Thailand with absolute NO politicians at any level!

Which actually could be a blessing in disguise!!coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Protesters to disassemble Ratchdamnoen rally site during Jan 13 Bangkok seizure
By Digital Content

13888073841271.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 4 – Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban announced last night that anti-government protesters will disassemble the rally site on Ratchdamnoen Avenue on January 13 when Bangkok is seized and paralysed.

“We’ll leave Ratchdamnoen and won’t come back. We’ll dismantle the stage here but will instead occupy government properties as our rally grounds,” said the leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

He called on provincial citizens who wanted to join the “Bangkok shutdown” to gather on Ratchdamnoen Avenue on January 12, and to be prepared for massive demonstrations which will occupy at least 20 major streets in the capital.

“A new battle ground will be open after Ratchdamnoen stage is gone,” he said. “The government has invested heavily to employ the media to tarnish the PDRC’s reputation. I’ve been harassed and intimidated but I’m ready to fight fist to fist.”

“I don’t have to hold on to a reputation for I will no longer be a politician. I have no fear.”

He said he sympathised with police who have been forced to fight against protesters, adding that it would be impossible to assign a large number of policemen, even 80,000 to 100,000, to deal with millions of people who will occupy the streets of Bangkok on January 13.

“I was told police have planned to disperse protesters on January 11. Let me warn [the national police chief] that you will no longer be welcome in Thailand if you assault people the way you did at Din Daeng [on December 23] We will regroup even if you disperse us,” he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-04

A simple petition.
Statewide!
Yes / No
a have criminal records.
b running free on bail.
I agree Yes / No

The problem with your masterplan is, that would leave Thailand with absolute NO politicians at any level!

Which actually could be a blessing in disguise!!coffee1.gif

That is for me zero problem!

If all rotten eggs are out!

Thailand have a lot of honest people.

Let them rule and not the criminals.

• Like 1

I don't have to hold onto a reputation

And just when you thought he couldn't top himself in classic quotes he goes and does it again. I reckon Thai " puu yai " have a secret betting syndicate going on as to who can make the most gobsmacking statement and get away with it

Edited by mca

This would be a very disturbing development if such action by the police was planned. And yet, it is also sadly consistent with the administration's actions up to this point. It seems that - whatever happens - will likely be a defining moment in the country's history. The choice of the administration is to whether it will be a violent one or a peaceful one.

Protesters to disassemble Ratchdamnoen rally site during Jan 13 Bangkok seizure

By Digital Content

13888073841271.jpg

“We’ll leave Ratchdamnoen and won’t come back. We’ll dismantle the stage here but will instead occupy government properties as our rally grounds,” said the leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

That is it! He is getting more and more crazy by the minute!!

He has to be stopped! A bullet? Arrested? I don't care as long as it puts a stop to his madness!!

Hope the army realises it is time to stop sitting on the fence!

And I am not talking about a coup. But that they actually do their job in defence of an democratic elected government. Like protecting government buildings and the right of the average Thai to be able to move freely within their city!

Edited by soi41

It's interesting how the tenor of these threads has changed! A couple of months ago most TV forum members were in favour of Mr.Suthep and all his works. Glad to see that most of you now see him for what he is.
uhhh ? No you wrong.support the masses and what they are trying to do .it's not all about one person.Back to the Den.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app