Yingluck not to attend activities on Children's Day in hopes of easing tension

webfact

PM not to attend activities on Children’s Day in hopes of easing tension

BANGKOK, 4 January 2014 (NNT) – Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will not join activities on Children’s Day at the Government House in the hope of easing political tensions.

Secretary to the Prime Minister Suranand Vejjajiva revealed that the government had assigned Thawat Boonfueng, Deputy Secretary-General to the Prime Minister for Political Affairs, to hold talks with leaders of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), asking them not to block entrances to the Government House on January 11th, as children and parents are expected to show up and join the Children’s Day activities.

The secretary also noted that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra would not take part in any of the Children’s Day activities in a bid to ease the political tensions.

PM Yingluck earlier gave a motto to Thai children to follow. The motto encourages the children to behave, be grateful, be responsible and disciplined, as well as helping strengthening the nation.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-04 footer_n.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She's probably going into a deep dark bunker, curling up into a ball and wondering why the hell she ever got into politics. ?

..... Oh yes!..... and crying. ?

Edited by Rob8891
  • Like 2

"Secretary to the Prime Minister Suranand Vejjajiva revealed that the government had assigned Thawat Boonfueng, Deputy Secretary-General to the Prime Minister for Political Affairs, to hold talks with leaders of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), asking them not to block entrances to the Government House on January 11th, as children and parents are expected to show up and join the Childrens Day activities."

And what was the result of this meeting?

• Like 1

PM Yingluck earlier gave a motto to Thai children to follow. The motto encourages the children to behave, be grateful, be responsible and disciplined, as well as helping strengthening the nation.

nntlogo.jpg

Funny lady. This is said for the little children or big children?

PM not to attend activities on Childrens Day in hopes of easing tension

nntlogo.jpg

Basically same message for everyone:

obey, do not think, do not question, do not argue.

• Like 1

Pathetic that these animals can even disrupt childrens day. What have the kids done?

They don't, it just one of the so many poor excuses of fake PM to not adhere to her duties.

Did she cry when she made the announcement ? whistling.gif

OOO aren't you the tough man. What would you know about the situation or the regular death threats made up the PM? Are you even aware that the children's day event if PM Yingluck attended was targeted by Suthep's minions, or is that too unimportant to acknowledge? She did the right thing by not allowing the troubles to impact the children.

You and the other nasty people who are channeling your inner hate at Thailand's PM need a dose of reality.

Have PCAD said they will target this event if yingluck attends?

Not trying to wind you up here, I would like to know.

Edited by Bluespunk

nntlogo.jpg

Easing her own tension, I would say ! and why not, poor hen :)

What a pathetic excuse/reason . . . is she too busy shopping? or too busy canvassing for votes/support up north still?

Cowering under a rock somewhere i suppose. So even she can't ask the police to control crowds at Government house so she can perform her duties. She really doesn't command much respect does she?

Ignoring all the hate posts of both colours, it is the location that is key here. Government House.

Good caring publicity from Yingluck this is a good way to get love of the people.

So why not change the venue ??? you do it lady when it suits you, but are you forgetting this is not a photo op for you it is for THE KIDS. Their day not yours dear.

And nothing about thinking for themselves. This just perpetuates the subservient attitude drummed into Thai children by parents like YL and throughout their schooling.

Not only is she out of her depth in politics but it looks like in parenting too. Oh and she forgot to add that one day they can lead out a famous football team if their parent becomes a nominal PM.

.....meanwhile....anyone know how many placards with her photo on them have been places around town.....

...I took a bus from Lak si through the Don Muang area...towards Rangsit......I kid you not.....every 100-200 meters.......for several kilometers...

.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

...I guess she is NOT worried about NOT campaigning.....

Let me start this by stating that I am not a great fan of the Shinawatra clan........

Thinking about this thread, it occurred to me that YL was lambasted for supposedly using her son in a photo opportunity a while ago, whilst in another thread TV armchair warriors laid into the demonstrators for supposedly terrorising the poor boy outside his school.

Now posters (myself included, I am ashamed to say) have extracted the urine out of YL in this thread because she is staying away from Children's Day. I just wonder (too late for my earlier post, unless some kind mod will delete it) whether her reasoning might be borne out of the fact that she is a mother...and does not want any more innocent children to be dragged into the firing line on what should be a special day for them?

Yes, she is allegedly the leader of the government. Yes, she supports her fugitive brother. Yes, she appears like a rabbit in the headlights at times. But at the end of the day, she is a mother and who amongst us would want to be in her political shoes right now? She is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Just thinkin' coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Let me start this by stating that I am not a great fan of the Shinawatra clan........

Thinking about this thread, it occurred to me that YL was lambasted for supposedly using her son in a photo opportunity a while ago, whilst in another thread TV armchair warriors laid into the demonstrators for supposedly terrorising the poor boy outside his school.

Now posters (myself included, I am ashamed to say) have extracted the urine out of YL in this thread because she is staying away from Children's Day. I just wonder (too late for my earlier post, unless some kind mod will delete it) whether her reasoning might be borne out of the fact that she is a mother...and does not want any more innocent children to be dragged into the firing line on what should be a special day for them?

Yes, she is allegedly the leader of the government. Yes, she supports her fugitive brother. Yes, she appears like a rabbit in the headlights at times. But at the end of the day, she is a mother and who amongst us would want to be in her political shoes right now? She is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Just thinkin' coffee1.gif

Finally someone gets it.

The decision was taken on the advice and in conjunction with security officials. The protestors have stated multiple times that they will protest at whatever event she attends in Bangkok. The children's day event would have been a fiasco and within hours, she would have been savaged by the tvf mob for attending.

It would have made for an easy PR event if she went, but she did the right thing.

The death threats are no secret and are not imaginary and have increased since Suthep started his adventure. PM Yingluck is not alone in being targeted. Other Thai political leaders have reported receiving threats as well. There's a reason why Abhisit has extra protection these days. One need only read some of the comments in tvf that recite the need for her beheading/beating/ killing etc. to understand that there there are nutters walking around .

In denial and OTT as usual, buy cotton wool GK and sent it to her.

Who ever was to be the leader of this rabble of a government would be in near the same situ., being sister to HIM makes it more bad.

you can choose your friends but cannot choose your family. You either stick together or split. they stick because alone they are nothing only a walking bank.

Different venue----UDON for safety---or change the date for this year ???? any suggestions GK like this ??? or just make excuses again and again.