CAPO will use combined forces against Bangkok shutdown

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more this passport delivery boy spouts empty words from an 'organisation' already caught lying, the more reason he gives to the protestors. Most of the protestors are not Suthep supporters but anti-Thaksinites who know full well who Surapong is.

As for his 'combined forces' rhetoric, if he means the army he's in cloud cuckoo land as the army hasn't lifted a finger against the protestors in recent cases where they were involved.

I just wonder if PTP have abandoned the 'election' farce - with upcoming decisions by the CC & NACC quite possibly throwing a large spanner in the works on top of not making the 95% - and decided on all-out civil war. OTT? Maybe, but anything's possible coming out of the Dubai 'think-tank'.

• Like 1

Suthep can say anything his imagination brings in. He is not a state official, in fact he will try in any possible way turn 'trueth' into his benefit

Are you suggesting this gov't's officials don't pepper their announcements with flights of fancy???? w00t.gif
There is a difference between a madman , saying everyday something contradictory to what he said yesterday, and a state official, who might be replaced by somebody else

And then there are Thai politicians where reality barely reflects the law of gravity,

let alone logical sense of proportion.

• Like 1

I hope all the yellow supporters on these forum pages leave the country when they lose the next election and take all there hatred and thai family and friends with them and don't come back and it will be good riddance to them all

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

what would happen in usa if some crazy old tea party leader announced he was going to seize control of washington / new york to force out the obama administration so that they can take power with their friends and re-write the constitution...?

• Like 1

We have two sides, both calling each other corrupt and threatening 'dire measures' unless, of course, the other side bows to their moral and nationalistic supremacy. Really. Really?

Please stop insulting the the local and international community's intelligence -- this is all about control and who posseses it.

Nobody who matters is being fooled here or abroad. If you two whinging and grasping children cannot stop fighting, the military is going to give both of you a time out, and which is horribly tragic for your nation. it will mean you have not learned how to 'play nice' with each other. In a top-down society, it is just too easy to manipulate the masses, up north, down south, and in Krung Thep, too. In the darkness of ignorance, those two pristine incarnadines of freedom, Greed and Egomania, mate and give birth to their darling child... Chaos...

Is this the child you give as a gift to the future of your people? Is it? Show us! There is often talk about Thai sophistication and beauty, and that is no lie, so...show us your strength. We know you have it. Show it! Thai people are better than this. I see it every day. I know it with every kind and polite gesture, I hear it in your music, and I taste it in your food. I see it reflected in the beautiful eyes of my kind wife. I smell it in the sweet water winds of Songkran.

Become more Thai, not less. Be an example.

You have an opportunity to lead in many ways...please do not disappoint anyone, especially my unborn daughter. You are making her world.

Please be careful with that. Please.

Very sincerely,

Me

Yes this is about control, agreed.

Parliamentary systems evolved to peacefully resolve issues of control between the urban bourgeoise and the outsiders of the countryside to include the landed gentry. Politics, elections and the electoral process that produce parliaments are thus about the peaceful exercise of legitimate power and of attaining a reasonable balance in how the resources of the society are to be distributed.

The side that rejects this peaceful parliamentary process rejects progress itself.

In Thailand feudalism remains strong and its lords and barons remain all power consuming, obstinate. Their lieges continue to follow them devoutly, in this instance through the streets and to the gates of hell. It is they who reject the whole notion of modernism, i.e., the peaceful and orderly institutional (parliamentary) resolution of the predictable, normal and ordinary disputes that arise over the sharing of resources and doing it by means of a regularly expressed popular mandate.

Elite rule by the anointed few is at the core of the feudal idea as we know it from history. It's an idea whose time passed long ago in favor of institutionalized democracy, i.e., constitutionalism. Thailand is failing because it continues to have two directly contradictory institutions of society, namely, elitist and hierarchical feudalism vs democratic and egalitarian constitutionalism.

Feudalism in the modern period is called fascism and it's a very uncomfortable thing to find one's self witnessing it firsthand.

• Like 2

The nsc spokesman said yesterday, that they will deploy 3k soldiers and 20k cops. Nothing new in today's statement

800,000 police were mentioned by Suthep in another thread.

He claimed to have inside info on their meetings.

They should be able to handle an equal number of protestors & lock them up somewhere.

Or shoot a few in the leg with rubber bullets to send the rest running like frightened kittens.

Everything about this post is just laughable.

The thread actually quoted 80,000 a massive difference by some 720,000, I will touch on this at the bottom of the post.

You disbeleive that Suthep has insiders in the police?... I can guarantee he has very good contacts at very high levels in the police and many of them.

You think they can match the amount of protesters with security forces and just take the lot of them out? That is insane! There will be millions.

You last sentence is by far the most ludicrous of the lot. It won't send a single protester home using rubber bullets, it will however turn the army onto the police and that is what the police are crapping themselves over. The protesters won't just stand there and take it, they will fight back, they are committed.

i will end by sharing some knowledge that I know personally to be completely true.

My wife has 2 police in the family in the northeast who are being shipped down to BKK on the 10th to relieve BKK based cops of whom some will be posted up north to fill gaps.

They are being paid extra bonuses and are to be part of a massive security force against the protests. This was also echoed by 4 other police who were sat on the table behind us at a local restaurant who were off duty and drinking whiskey and discussing the fact that they also are being posted to BKK and also talking about the extra money.

So in reality Suthep is being quite correctly informed. There is a huge section of the police force being mobilised from the red shirt provinces, and they are being paid for on a bonus, obviously they are going to be expected to perform deeds that maybe BKK police won't enjoy too much. Why would that be? Thaksin is pulling together an army from the north, probably hand picked and paid for by the tax payer, whom ironically will be mostly protesters.

Strange how the sudden 'about turn' from the red shirts who all of a sudden decide they won't be coming to BKK. Instead, we have this being set up instead.

I believe the OP is just priming the situation in an attempt to be able to say 'we did warn you'. However, I also believe that they are putting too much confidence in the army. Any heavy handed behaviour from the police this time will end up in a very deadly situation. Because this time the protesters are there to the end, this could be just the end about to unfold. A last desperate attempt for the administration to crush the protest that will inevitably be their ouster.

This isn't even going to last to the elections. Arresting Suthep and all the rally leaders will just make this worse, up till now, these leaders have been the generals calling protesters back from confrontations, you remove this control even slightly and it's all out war. Possibly the end of this country as we know it.

Bull!

Do you believe there were 6 million last time?

Suthep desperately needs a coup with its attendant suspension of the constitution to do his work. It's the only way.

I believe the population of Bangkok swells to about 20,000,000 each day with the workers coming in.

It doubles.

If the police were to pull out then you could see your war and how are the generals going to control that?

The nsc spokesman said yesterday, that they will deploy 3k soldiers and 20k cops. Nothing new in today's statement

They should be able to handle an equal number of protestors & lock them up somewhere.

Or shoot a few in the leg with rubber bullets to send the rest running like frightened kittens.

The thread actually quoted 80,000 a massive difference by some 720,000, I will touch on this at the bottom of the post.

You disbeleive that Suthep has insiders in the police?... I can guarantee he has very good contacts at very high levels in the police and many of them.

You think they can match the amount of protesters with security forces and just take the lot of them out? That is insane! There will be millions.

You last sentence is by far the most ludicrous of the lot. It won't send a single protester home using rubber bullets, it will however turn the army onto the police and that is what the police are crapping themselves over. The protesters won't just stand there and take it, they will fight back, they are committed.

i will end by sharing some knowledge that I know personally to be completely true.

My wife has 2 police in the family in the northeast who are being shipped down to BKK on the 10th to relieve BKK based cops of whom some will be posted up north to fill gaps.

They are being paid extra bonuses and are to be part of a massive security force against the protests. This was also echoed by 4 other police who were sat on the table behind us at a local restaurant who were off duty and drinking whiskey and discussing the fact that they also are being posted to BKK and also talking about the extra money.

So in reality Suthep is being quite correctly informed. There is a huge section of the police force being mobilised from the red shirt provinces, and they are being paid for on a bonus, obviously they are going to be expected to perform deeds that maybe BKK police won't enjoy too much. Why would that be? Thaksin is pulling together an army from the north, probably hand picked and paid for by the tax payer, whom ironically will be mostly protesters.

Strange how the sudden 'about turn' from the red shirts who all of a sudden decide they won't be coming to BKK. Instead, we have this being set up instead.

I believe the OP is just priming the situation in an attempt to be able to say 'we did warn you'. However, I also believe that they are putting too much confidence in the army. Any heavy handed behaviour from the police this time will end up in a very deadly situation. Because this time the protesters are there to the end, this could be just the end about to unfold. A last desperate attempt for the administration to crush the protest that will inevitably be their ouster.

This isn't even going to last to the elections. Arresting Suthep and all the rally leaders will just make this worse, up till now, these leaders have been the generals calling protesters back from confrontations, you remove this control even slightly and it's all out war. Possibly the end of this country as we know it.

Bull!

Suthep desperately needs a coup with its attendant suspension of the constitution to do his work. It's the only way.

I believe the population of Bangkok swells to about 20,000,000 each day with the workers coming in.

It doubles.

If the police were to pull out then you could see your war and how are the generals going to control that?

No, your post is bull because you didn't answer any of his points. I don't see any figure of 6 million there so that's a straw man.

If the police pull out - like they did in 2010 - the army won't do anything. Surapong doesn't have army support and, again unlike in 2010, these protestors have no armed militia to back them up.

Surapongs rantings are no more credible than yours. He, like the interim PM, is out of his depth.

They are on thin ice if they think they can rely on the army to scoop them out of the deep brown stuff.

... and his reference to "the death penalty" is going to do nothing but convince the crowd to do nothing other than come out in even stronger numbers to oppose such threats from this Thaksin mouthpiece...!!

He is another one who needs to make sure he has a flight booked to Dubai when this house of cards falls...!!

• Like 1

Bull!

It doubles.

No, your post is bull because you didn't answer any of his points. I don't see any figure of 6 million there so that's a straw man.

If the police pull out - like they did in 2010 - the army won't do anything. Surapong doesn't have army support and, again unlike in 2010, these protestors have no armed militia to back them up.

Surapongs rantings are no more credible than yours. He, like the interim PM, is out of his depth.

Well in answer to his first point similar tactics have been used before most notably the introduction on April 10th 2010 of the Queens guard drawn from the south to take on the red shirts from the north.
Result on April 10th just under 30 deaths and 1000 serious injuries.
The burmese used chinese border troops (non-buddhist) to kill protesting buddhist monks.
Here though we are talking about riot police who are unarmed (no side arms).
I think it quite right for the government minister to warn the protestors that they may face force because on the day they may choose to ignore police warnings as they did in 2008 when 3 of the yellowshirts blew themselves up with their home made bombs.
As to the protests not lasting to the elections I certainly hope so.
The airports would be the final protests though.
The NACC is trying to come up with a formula to ban the 315 MPs who voted for the senate elections bill.
The constitution court did not rule so.
That must be the ulterior motive at play here.
Just like 2008.
A coup is the only way to suspend democracy unless the government and all its supporters capitulate or are banned.
If Pheu Thai are all banned then there is a power vacuum. No government supposedly.
Pheu Thai will ignore the NACC and progress toward an election.
As to armed militia we've seen hand guns used to shoot dead police and red shirts and one student.
There is plenty of weaponry available and in the end it can come over borders.
The red shirts are staying away. At Ramphahang they were attacked by thugs. WIthin the stadium there were many old people, children, women. including my stepson's father who had to crawl on his hands and knees to safety away from the youth mob.
The hard core protestors staying to the end probably number around 500. This figure consistently appears right back to the Pitak Siam protests.
There will be more of course.
This the last chance saloon for the old power elites.
A great change will be coming and they want their oar in first but what follows is as clear as mud.
  • Like 1

Well in answer to his first point similar tactics have been used before most notably the introduction on April 10th 2010 of the Queens guard drawn from the south to take on the red shirts from the north.
Result on April 10th just under 30 deaths and 1000 serious injuries.
The burmese used chinese border troops (non-buddhist) to kill protesting buddhist monks.
Here though we are talking about riot police who are unarmed (no side arms).
I think it quite right for the government minister to warn the protestors that they may face force because on the day they may choose to ignore police warnings as they did in 2008 when 3 of the yellowshirts blew themselves up with their home made bombs.
As to the protests not lasting to the elections I certainly hope so.
The airports would be the final protests though.
The NACC is trying to come up with a formula to ban the 315 MPs who voted for the senate elections bill.
The constitution court did not rule so.
That must be the ulterior motive at play here.
Just like 2008.
A coup is the only way to suspend democracy unless the government and all its supporters capitulate or are banned.
If Pheu Thai are all banned then there is a power vacuum. No government supposedly.
Pheu Thai will ignore the NACC and progress toward an election.
As to armed militia we've seen hand guns used to shoot dead police and red shirts and one student.
There is plenty of weaponry available and in the end it can come over borders.
The red shirts are staying away. At Ramphahang they were attacked by thugs. WIthin the stadium there were many old people, children, women. including my stepson's father who had to crawl on his hands and knees to safety away from the youth mob.
The hard core protestors staying to the end probably number around 500. This figure consistently appears right back to the Pitak Siam protests.
There will be more of course.
This the last chance saloon for the old power elites.
A great change will be coming and they want their oar in first but what follows is as clear as mud.

Congratulations for actually coming out and saying something. However most of what you say is propaganda and made up BS,

Your mention of April 2010 of course omits the killing of army personnel as well as protestors with their militia.

What the Burmese did is irrelevant and there is considerable doubt that the riot police are unarmed - some real bullets were fired at the stadium protests and a policeman & a protestor were killed. Capo, who lied about the police on top of the Labour Ministry building, have attempted to whitewash the police. It doesn't work as they have no credibility.

A coup is not the only way to suspend the pseudo democracy here. The EC has suggested at least one legal way and given PTP's penchant to ignore and reject democratic principles as well as the courts, the so-called legality of having to continue with a farcial election is hypocrisy.

Of course your ilk just cannot accept the courts as being the only check on the ruling party. They must be allowed to do what they like because they won (bought) an election. As well as the NACC the CC is scheduled to rule on whether the section 190 amendment violates section 68 of the charter - on Jan 8th. Ulterior motive my backside.

At Ramkamheng the red shirts started the whole business by going into the university and also assaulting a student. For once they met more violence than they were able to provide. The various incidents outside & inside the stadium could have been reduced if not stopped if your beloved police had not stepped back and watched. Just like 2010. BTW I condemn both sides for that violence & killing.

I tend to refrain from putting wild guesses on numbers of protestors. There are at least two groups - one being Suthep's followers & the other being the student & miscellaneous group, the latter being prone to violence, usually in response to violence against them. Most protestors are anti-Shin clan and they are not going to accept a farcial election with 4 of them on the party list, one on the constituency register and one ruling again from overseas.

The Jan 13th protests may well taper off (or be escalated into violence if Capo has its way) but at the slightest sign of more amnesty-and-stuff-the-country shenanikins, they'll be back and there's plenty more Sutheps if he is taken out.

"At Ramkamheng the red shirts started the whole business by going into the university and also assaulting a student. For once they met more violence than they were able to provide. The various incidents outside & inside the stadium could have been reduced if not stopped if your beloved police had not stepped back and watched. Just like 2010. BTW I condemn both sides for that violence & killing."

That's not what was reported on the ground.

80,000 police apparently - altho i doubt they can raise that figure. Both sides are trying to avoid violence as of course it plays into the hands of media / PR

but I can't see this being a peaceful protest, there will be some red shirt troublemakers for sure.. home made bombs possibly.. a bit of shooting.. and paid police to do some shit like they have already, nasty bastards - but its too many people for the police to stop. How do you stop 3-4 million protestors?

Edited by fish fingers

For such a serious crime as criminally trying to overthrow an elected government, the police and the army should surround the protesters, truck them to Isaan, lock them for 6 months inside a rehab camp,... supervised by the red shirts :D

That should be ok to calm them down a bit :rolleyes:

A farang section could be added too :rolleyes:

Except Suthep, of course, who should vanish from this planet forever...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

what would happen in usa if some crazy old tea party leader announced he was going to seize control of washington / new york to force out the obama administration so that they can take power with their friends and re-write the constitution...?

It would be reported By FOX as a good idea, paid for by the Koch brothers, then 65 retirees would be bused in from Florida (with the Koch money) waving their confederate & and don't tread on me flags...and eventually it would be blamed on the homosexuals.

• Like 1

" The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order" Who comes up with these names?

I would think that no-one came up with that name: that is the translation from Thai. Perhaps you can tell us the actual title of the organisation in Thai (your name, 'Khaowong', suggests that you may be a Thai) and tell us if the organisation title sounds okay in Thai.

For such a serious crime as criminally trying to overthrow an elected government, the police and the army should surround the protesters, truck them to Isaan, lock them for 6 months inside a rehab camp,... supervised by the red shirts biggrin.png

That should be ok to calm them down a bit rolleyes.gif

A farang section could be added too rolleyes.gif

Except Suthep, of course, who should vanish from this planet forever...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I expect your HTC One hasn't got predictive well-balanced reply function, but does come with a recent history erase feature.

Didn't the amnesty thing involve democrat polititions as well Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Democrat politicians would have been included had they not rejected it, preferring to face court to prove their innocence of the charges laid.