Secured Credit Cards Thailand

oops

no such ting as a credit card in thailand for falang, you deposit money then draw down on it up to a max of 80 percent of money deposited in account. when they told me i laughed i nearly brought a round.

was told why that is and I agree I am 8 years employed with a valid wp still no unsecured Cc. Reason? I could go home at anytime leaving the debt. I do agree

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

And yet there is plenty that do have an unsecured CC, why. Because the bank does not consider them to be a flight risk.

no such ting as a credit card in thailand for falang, you deposit money then draw down on it up to a max of 80 percent of money deposited in account. when they told me i laughed i nearly brought a round.

-------------------

Absolute nonsense.

I have been in Thailand for nearly 4 years now as a retiree.

When I opened my Bangkok Bank account in October 2010 I also received a Bangkok Bank ATM/debit card.

I changed it later to a Be1st debit card from Bangkok Bank and use it in Thailand regularly.

The reason I changed to a Be1st card was that it can also be used in the local neighboring countries to Thailand ...I've used my card in Malaysia and Vietnam as well as in Thailand successfully in local ATM machines.

Of course, there is a service fee for using that card in neighboring countries at other than Bangkok Bank ATM machines as well as using a Bangkok Bank card in other Thai banks.

But you:

• Can get an ATM/debit card
  • And you can use he correct card in Thailand or in neighboring countries on a Thai bank account.

Just ask when you open your account.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know the amount required in the Fixed Deposit for the secured Credit Card? I would like to have one to rent a car, and put a hold for a good hotel when Traveling, which I would not be able to do with my Bangkok Bank Be F1st, Visa Debit Card.

• 1 month later...

was told why that is and I agree I am 8 years employed with a valid wp still no unsecured Cc. Reason? I could go home at anytime leaving the debt. I do agree

And yet there is plenty that do have an unsecured CC, why. Because the bank does not consider them to be a flight risk.

yep I guess so not sure why I would be considered a flight risk. I am making a substantial salary double as a matter of fact what I did in the States own a condo as well in my name but not bothered really if there is anything I have learned about living here in Thailand it is that they change or alter the rules as needed best example is I have 4 friends working here in pattaya for the past 3 years that have obtained there WP despite their extention of stay being retirement. I love it here so I just deal with the bumps along the way :-)