Tax On Land Sale

I've tried to search but the function didn't want to work!

My wife is selling some land in Kanchanaburi that she has owned for between 9 and 10 years. I understand that the tax will be based upon the rate for the area (ampur) ... so many baht/sqm and not the selling price.

Can anyone confirm this and what taxes will she have to pay. Business tax? and she will get some sort of reduction for owning the land 9+years?

Thanks

Most answers and explanations are on this web site

http://www.siam-legal.com/realestate/thailand-property-transfer-tax.php

Yes ...I saw that and also a lot of other sites. It's definitely a Transfer Fee of 2%, (based on the assessed price) plus Stamp Duty of 0.5% of the selling price. But I think there is another tax and it could be1% but can't find where it is clearly stated.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that.

So the sale has all gone through and the money is in my bank ... nice for the money to go the other way for a change. She just said I would like my eyes done so that I don't need to wear glasses anymore! Suppose I'll have to agree, that just worries me incase it goes wrong as my eyes are getting worse and in a few years I guess my driving will be down to Thai standards. My friend had it done in the UK and he was disappointed.

Now she was charged a straight 2.5% ... seemed a strange figure. but she looked it up on a Thai website and said that's correct. All done and dusted anyway.