Vote against me if you want me out: caretaker PM Yingluck

webfact

And as for you you're conspiracy about TV being controlled by the current government. That is the stupidest thing i have ever heard, i do read commentaries about Thai politics on Bangkok post, The Nation, Reddit and much more. But there is no place i can read so many disgusting characterisations as what people in this forum writes about Yingluck.

Dear me, bit of a fan-boy are you?

I can honestly say that if you could read Thai, Facebook and Twitter would make your hair curl.

Anyone who takes the office of Prime Minister should accept that people are going to get nasty. In some places you put your life on the line.

It goes without saying that those who support said Prime Ministeremot-kiss.gifwub.png should also develop a thicker skin.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great idea because the Shin dynasty have more money than the opposition with which to buy votes. Without any reform, the election is simply a financial transaction as it is sold to the highest bidder. The number of posts I have seen banging on about a democratically elected government is heartbreaking. How is buying an election democratic?

paying people doesn't guarantee they will vote for you. The dems paid my wife's family last time and they voted for Yingluk. Took the money and thought suckers.

People will still vote for whoever they want

Of course they will, do the politicians not understand this? and they are the ones who want to run the country.

paying people doesn't guarantee they will vote for you. The dems paid my wife's family last time and they voted for Yingluk. Took the money and thought suckers.

You keep saying this... not everyone is like your wife's family, many will vote for who paid them...

and some will take the money from both parties.

You keep saying this... not everyone is like your wife's family, many will vote for who paid them...

and some will take the money from both parties.

Said Korn

http://asiancorrespondent.com/19554/korn-on-the-democrats-in-the-northeast/

• Like 1

Vote buying is an excuse. By all accounts,all of the major parties have & continue to use this tactic. Thaksin Shinawatra & family are only the 10th richest in Thailand, according to Forbes (2013), so how is it they they have such overwhelming finances to dominate the political landscape? Newin Chitchob was used by the Dem coalition to outbid PT in the north & north-east, but was spectacularly unsuccessful. The reds/PT called for international observers for the last election, but they were denied by the Dems, who of course don't respect 'farang'.

This is just one of a few choice excuses used by the opposition to try & explain the simple fact that they are not well enough supported to win a general election.

They're probably spending more money on protests than it would cost to buy the votes they need. tongue.png

Exactly! If Suthep (just as corrupt as Taksin from my research) and the Dems put all that time, energy and financing into running for office (democratically), I bet there's a good chance they could have got it on this run. Don't think the Dems like to roll democratically, looking at their track record.

Constantly I read anti- govt posts claiming "pillage" ," massive corruption", "pigs feeding at the trough, etc. Can we have some evidence of such please? Please inform us of which govt MPs are under investigation for corruption, as with Apirak in the last govt.

In fact the Yingluck govt have fulfilled most of their election promises, with bringing Thaksin home being one that they haven't been able to deliver on. But they have pushed through tablets, rice pledging, Infrastructure spending,...

I agree that some of their policies are very misguided, in particular the rice pledging and first car scheme, but I can't see how they have committed any major offences as is claimed by Suthep and his followers. If their policies are not liked simply vote them out. Don't go around blowing a lot of hot air, making false accusations and causing mayhem

7 January (tomorrow) The NACC will press charges against 381 lawmakers regarding the amendment on the senates composition

8 January the constitution court will rule whether section 190 of the charter amendment violates section 68 of the charter,

10 January The NACC will summon former house speaker Somsak Kaitsuranond and senator Nikom Wairatpanij to acknowlege charges regarding the charter amendment on the charters composition.

381 enough corruption for you?

I cant provide you with a link because these came from a source that should not be mentioned, however if you are keen on the truth you can look for yourself.

But wait only there is more.

In the censure debate the Dems uncovered blatant corruption in the rice scheme where rice was supposed to be sold to a Chinese toy company and to another owned by Arisman's wife.

If you would like to go back to the previous censure debate you will find more revelations of corruption.

Constantly I read anti- govt posts claiming "pillage" ," massive corruption", "pigs feeding at the trough, etc. Can we have some evidence of such please? Please inform us of which govt MPs are under investigation for corruption, as with Apirak in the last govt.

In fact the Yingluck govt have fulfilled most of their election promises, with bringing Thaksin home being one that they haven't been able to deliver on. But they have pushed through tablets, rice pledging, Infrastructure spending,...

I agree that some of their policies are very misguided, in particular the rice pledging and first car scheme, but I can't see how they have committed any major offences as is claimed by Suthep and his followers. If their policies are not liked simply vote them out. Don't go around blowing a lot of hot air, making false accusations and causing mayhem

7 January (tomorrow) The NACC will press charges against 381 lawmakers regarding the amendment on the senates composition

8 January the constitution court will rule whether section 190 of the charter amendment violates section 68 of the charter,

10 January The NACC will summon former house speaker Somsak Kaitsuranond and senator Nikom Wairatpanij to acknowlege charges regarding the charter amendment on the charters composition.

I cant provide you with a link because these came from a source that should not be mentioned, however if you are keen on the truth you can look for yourself.

In the censure debate the Dems uncovered blatant corruption in the rice scheme where rice was supposed to be sold to a Chinese toy company and to another owned by Arisman's wife.

If you would like to go back to the previous censure debate you will find more revelations of corruption.

Wow. Cases that are in the future??? And other ones that were unproven!!

You need to change "revelations" to "allegations"

If altering the constitution to make it more democratic is corruption then they are blatantly guilty!

• Like 2

In the 2007 election Peua Thai and Dems got more or less equal numbers in the Party List system (a more accurate reflection of nationwide support), yet PT got 48% of MPs deems 35%, due to the weighted constituency proportions. Then you have the small parties who will 'go where the money is', so you have a coalition with a strong parliamentary dominance, led by one party which is led by one unelected person, thinking they are 'the majority'. Can't you see the shortcoming then?

Madam, we are not seeking to beat you at the elections we are seeking to hold you, the elected leader, accountable. Something you seem to have overlooked.

I assume you have read the reults. If so, this is, plain and simply, a lie

PTP; 15.7million

Democrats, 11.4m

Please try to make an argument based on something even vaguely approaching the truth. Disingenuous claims are not helpful

Prbkk your figures are from the July-2011-election, virtualtraveller is clearly ("In the 2007 election") talking about the December-2007 one, so not "plainly and simply, a lie" or "disingenuous claims" after all. wink.png

Some might consider an apology to be in order ? wai2.gif

You will not get an apology from Prbkk.

True to form, he throws in a nonsensical, irrelevant or simply untrue comment, and when he is picked up on it, he simply withdraws from the thread and goes hunting elsewhere to make further pointless comment.

Wow. Cases that are in the future??? And other ones that were unproven!!

You need to change "revelations" to "allegations"

If altering the constitution to make it more democratic is corruption then they are blatantly guilty!

coffee1.gif

i'm trying to figure out.

closedeyes.gif (in a deep thought........)

Great idea because the Shin dynasty have more money than the opposition with which to buy votes. Without any reform, the election is simply a financial transaction as it is sold to the highest bidder. The number of posts I have seen banging on about a democratically elected government is heartbreaking. How is buying an election democratic?

liar...the way they buy the vote is to hand a pre voted ballot paper to the voter and recieve an unmarked one back when they come out and thats how its done .coffee1.gif

• Like 1

that ' s too democratic for Mr. Suthep.

His unelected council of the people sounds much better than elections because he ll lose any electoral competition ! Democracy first!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

...it's confusing: if it is a democracy, then Y. is the elected PM and there was no reason to dissolve parliament. But she did it to show the oppsition that she will have the majority after elections. That will be fact.

The opposition is going the way of creating a coup because they will not stop after having lost elections.

Vote buying is an excuse. By all accounts,all of the major parties have & continue to use this tactic. Thaksin Shinawatra & family are only the 10th richest in Thailand, according to Forbes (2013), so how is it they they have such overwhelming finances to dominate the political landscape? Newin Chitchob was used by the Dem coalition to outbid PT in the north & north-east, but was spectacularly unsuccessful. The reds/PT called for international observers for the last election, but they were denied by the Dems, who of course don't respect 'farang'.

This is just one of a few choice excuses used by the opposition to try & explain the simple fact that they are not well enough supported to win a general election.

They're probably spending more money on protests than it would cost to buy the votes they need. tongue.png

I've heard rumours that the protests are being discretely funded by Thai banks. If that's true then . . .

he keeps saying it because it is true but you choose to believe the hype about vote buying

they vote for who they want (and take anyones money) stop spinning the silly lie that someone knows how they vote - they don't

correct but point is people at least here believe head of village and others somehow do know how they vote and so since they believe that for them it is the truth. So ops wife is simply dishonest taking money for a service she does not give. Hardy moral is it to take money for your vote or id ops wife so poor she needs to lie and take money. Some I know do take money and vote whatever but many many more in some perverse way believe it would be wrong to take money for their vote and then not give it. THis is not a western democracy it is still largely a feudal system and what head of village or local big win says is accepted by most poor thais in country. In cities they are a bit more sophisticated but not a lot.

Wake up and stop telling lies which claim their is no intimidation or threats made to force people to vote for who head of village says and Taksin has been very clever and successful in buying those people. Even if some would prefer to not play Taksins's game they could not do anything or they would be turfed pout smartly and replaced by a more sympathetic head of village.

It will hopefully change for new generation but for old ones and most above say 30 years of age or so the old feudal system prevails and Taksin is a master at playing that card.

It is also pointless trying to explain to most thais that Taksin and his clan , cronies are robbing the country blind since they simply think its not their money and have no understanding of fact that they pay taxes. Vast majority think since they are poor its costing them nothing and in fact many/most believe the government have their own money and even that taksin uses his own money to fund the country.

Go and talk live amongst these people and while not really their fault you will begin to understand how different it is from western democracies.

Simply look at this TV all controlled by government and not a meant ion on main channels of any protests or discussion. Its vert very sad really even peasants in UK hundreds of years ago understood who was taking their money but Thailand's equivalent seem to think robber barons like Taksin care one bit about them.

Anyone who thinks that there is such a thing as an anonymous vote in the countryside must be dreaming. Do you seriously think that if there is one vote, or 50 votes to 'the wrong side' in a predominantly one-sided village / town . . . do you think that the big men around there are not going to want to know who they are? Do you think that they won't be able to find out?

Uh?

I don't see what the "amendment on the senates composition" has to do with corruption blink.png

Amending the Senate composition, and make all the senators elected, rather than to have part of the Senate unelected, is a move to bring more democracy.

There is no "massive corruption" or "pillage" at all. Just a few isolated cases that involved some rice dealers. Politicians were not involved.

All these corruption allegations are just speculations, nothing more. But, of course, the anti Thaksin farangs take any rumor for granted w00t.gif

• Like 1

Uh?

I don't see what the "amendment on the senates composition" has to do with corruption blink.png

Amending the Senate composition, and make all the senators elected, rather than to have part of the Senate unelected, is a move to bring more democracy.

There is no "massive corruption" or "pillage" at all. Just a few isolated cases that involved some rice dealers. Politicians were not involved.

All these corruption allegations are just speculations, nothing more. But, of course, the anti Thaksin farangs take any rumor for granted w00t.gif

You don't see it.

Therein lies the problem.

You are either incapable of understanding the situation, don't care about the situation, or something else.

Something else tops my list.

• Like 1

Uh?

You don't see it.

You are either incapable of understanding the situation, don't care about the situation, or something else.

No..I really don't see :D .

Why don't you give us a (real) (proven) example of "massive" corruption involving a politician of this government?

Not a rant about amendments, constitution related bla bla bla, patronage things, or baseless propaganda rumors...

An example of "massive" corruption... I am interested to know more about it :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Didn't people vote against her in the last election?

Her party got less than 50% of the votes.

Yes they got about 48%. Which is quite a bit more than the runner up, who got a mere 35%, the next party obviously is even at a greater distance. You obviously have no knowledge about a multi party democracy, judging from this silly remark, better not say anything so your ignorance isn't plain to see for everyone.

Unless of course this is merely a vain attempt at humor.

• Like 2

Hi,i don't know is this consider massive corruption. Up-todate reported 500 billion bahts loss but many farmers has not receive their payment. Where are the money gone to?

Uh?

You don't see it.

No..I really don't see biggrin.png .
Why don't you give us a (real) (proven) example of "massive" corruption involving a politician of this government?
Not a rant about amendments, constitution related bla bla bla, patronage things, or baseless propaganda rumors...
An example of "massive" corruption... I am interested to know more about it rolleyes.gif

Below are 3 videos showing Nattawut and his accomplice having conference meeting with reporters and some agencies about the rice scheme. Nattawut could not give an exact figure regards to profit and loss, stock take. They just give a lame merry-go-round figure. They thought they are getting away but no, people press them with more intensive questioning about the figure. They can't explain at all. Keep giving the same merry-go-around answer. They look so pathetic, judging from the videos, they are definitely hiding something. The taxpayers are looking forward to see their full report for the rice scheme.

They're probably spending more money on protests than it would cost to buy the votes they need. tongue.png alt=tongue.png pagespeed_url_hash=3761137055>

I've heard rumours that the protests are being discretely funded by Thai banks. If that's true then . . .

not just banks, also corporations and some very powerful, wealthy families...

The protest 'lieutenants' get 1000 baht a day. The 'followers' get 500 baht a day. Some of the 'followers' are 'professionals' who will march for either side. They do it for money, food and because it's fun.

This information will drive the fanatical posters crazy, and trigger silly demands for proof. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif They're more comfortable getting 'all' their information from Thai news agencies and Thai Visa.

Hi,i don't know is this consider massive corruption. Up-todate reported 500 billion bahts loss but many farmers has not receive their payment. Where are the money gone to?

Uh?

You don't see it.

No..I really don't see biggrin.png .

An example of "massive" corruption... I am interested to know more about it rolleyes.gif

Below are 3 videos showing Nattawut and his accomplice having conference meeting with reporters and some agencies about the rice scheme. Nattawut could not give an exact figure regards to profit and loss, stock take. They just give a lame merry-go-round figure. They thought they are getting away but no, people press them with more intensive questioning about the figure. They can't explain at all. Keep giving the same merry-go-around answer. They look so pathetic, judging from the videos, they are definitely hiding something. The taxpayers are looking forward to see their full report for the rice scheme.

"They are defenitely hiding something"...

:lol:

And this is your proof that there is "massive" corruption in this government?

:lol:

Can you come up with something else than speculations?

:rolleyes: