Survival planning ahead of 'Bangkok Shutdown'

webfact

Stock up on stout beer and mixed nuts. Missus just brought back 6 cases of Black Panther from Cambodia so should be ok for a couple of weeks. 4/5 cans equals a standard three course meal. Only difference is it tastes better and there is no cooking or cleaning involved.

• Like 1

I plan to stock pile some stuff because transportation carry foods might not reach supermarket on time

at the 2011 floods the supermarket was complete out of things beside Bacardi Breezer (and 1 can of tuna in mayonnaise). And they didn't sell me that because it was out of the permitted time......

same practice as we did it for 2011 flooding - pack water, food and some cloth, fill the tank and ready to go for some days. the different is, we don't need a boat this time.

as learnt from Thai friends in the flood - 'man, it is not just a day' !

Amazing how impotent the Govt seems to be ... or perhaps they are avoiding confrontation at all cost.

My condo is very near to one of the new 13/1 encampments - depends whether it's 20 locations or just 7.

Its entrance could be blocked - depending on how many people actually turn up.

My Thai friends advise me to park the car elsewhere from 12/1, just in case.

Any ideas on where to park? Place should be safe, and allow overnight parking. Preferably free or low cost. Ratchaprasong/Sukumvit area.

Stock up on stout beer and mixed nuts. Missus just brought back 6 cases of Black Panther from Cambodia so should be ok for a couple of weeks. 4/5 cans equals a standard three course meal. Only difference is it tastes better and there is no cooking or cleaning involved.

Your liver must be in some state.

• Like 2

I don't eat liver. Will stick to the stout and nuts thanks.

I don't eat liver. Will stick to the stout and nuts thanks.

OK, but seriously, you should watch your health a bit better. At least you have the good sense to stay in your house.

Stop making mountains out of molehills.

5555, that is such a funny post. Well since you can obviously see over the "molehill", I think that appropriate phrase may be " I'm fine thank you and you ? Time will only tell, but pls let us know if you need a digger to help in excavating that molehill of yours if you live in Bangkok. Hope you dont need to start drinking tap water if your sure that things wont get out of hand for a day or so...... coffee1.gif

You're being far too modest! The comedy & drama prizes both clearly belong to you.

I plan on drinking my own piss and eating my earwax and the lint from my navel. Nothing to do with the shutdown or lack of commodities whatsoever that's just what I plan on doing.

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

I plan to stock pile some stuff because transportation carry foods might not reach supermarket on time

at the 2011 floods the supermarket was complete out of things beside Bacardi Breezer (and 1 can of tuna in mayonnaise). And they didn't sell me that because it was out of the permitted time......

They put time limits on selling cans of tuna in mayo? My God and we thought the west was a nanny state. Whatever next? biggrin.png

I don't have time for this bullshit. I will keep doing what I do every day, go where I want to go.

If a someone in a yellow shirt and a whistle in his mouth pops up in front of my car and tells me to stop, I will do as Thais have taught me in the many years of driving here, which is flash the lights and increase speed. If Buddha wants you to survive, you will survive. If you don't, then it was your time to go.

Come on,relax...

If your karma has come,Buddha also can not save you.

If you really going to do that, not their time to go. Mostly is your time to go..