Buying a condo in Thailand

hi all,i am seriously thinking of buying a cheap condo in Thailand for my retirement,i am only looking at spending no more than 1 million baht,i have seen plenty on line under this amount,sized from 36sq to 80sq.what i wanted to know is,when i come to Thailand to purchase one,is there a minimum limit i need to spend on a condo on a tourist visa,i tried to google this information myself,but with no luck,thanks guyswai2.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no Limit to the purchase price High or low and you can buy whilst on a tourist visa.

Remember any money used to purchase a condo has to be remitted in Your own currency from a bank with your name on the account.

If you do not have a bank account here you can use a lawyer with an escrow account.

I can recommend a lawyer in Pattaya who offers this service for a Small fee.

Check out the condo you wish to buy by going along and seeing what it is like if possible talk to some of the owners.

• Like 1

Best of luck ,you are going to need it.

Concur 100%.

Buying property in Thailand, even keeping money in a bank in Thailand, is foolish. I rent, and I keep my money elsewhere.

There's nothing foolish about those things whatsoever. All bank accounts are insured and property (condo's), as long as they are bought wisely, are easy to dispose of at equal value of better - I speak from over ten years experience here of owning/selling condo's and operating a range of bank accounts..

• Like 2

There's nothing foolish about those things whatsoever. All bank accounts are insured and property (condo's), as long as they are bought wisely, are easy to dispose of at equal value of better - I speak from over ten years experience here of owning/selling condo's and operating a range of bank accounts..

Advice from a man who told everyone to sell all their UK holdings and bring the money over here at 44bht/GBP (cos it wouldn't get better).

8 months later and 54bht/GBP ........ those who took CMs advice lost 25% of everything they owned.

Provide a link to where I actually said that Tommo, AOA, Fifty Two, please, else it's a fantasy in your mind, again.

• Like 1

All bank accounts are insured -snip-

Are those bank accounts by any chance insured by the same people who can't pay the farmers for their rice pledging, and have 5,000 farmers protesting in Surin alone?

Nope different bank.

Best of luck ,you are going to need it.

Concur 100%.

Buying property in Thailand, even keeping money in a bank in Thailand, is foolish. I rent, and I keep my money elsewhere.

Where do u keep the money? Best to leave it with your GF in Pattaya, so when u return u have cash ready!!!!

BTW how old is the smart fellow who wants to buy a condo in the Slums with a tourist visa?

Advice from a man who told everyone to sell all their UK holdings and bring the money over here at 44bht/GBP (cos it wouldn't get better).

8 months later and 54bht/GBP ........ those who took CMs advice lost 25% of everything they owned.

Did real estate prices appreciate in the UK?

Are those bank accounts by any chance insured by the same people who can't pay the farmers for their rice pledging, and have 5,000 farmers protesting in Surin alone?

Stop making mischief NS and start worrying about who's going to bail out the US banks when they fail, again!

• Like 1

Buying a condo here was the best thing i ever did. I have almost broken even now on what i would have paid in rent so i can look forward to 20 years of living rent free (and still have an asset at the end). If you are going to live somewhere for a long time buying is ALWAYS the best policy.

The exchange rate and condo price then are different to the exchange rate and condo price now.

At 90bht/GBP in 2001 I would go back in time and buy one.

At 50bht/GBP and special foreigner price now, not a chance

Stop making mischief NS and start worrying about who's going to bail out the US banks when they fail, again!

I'm not making mischief. I along with others are just pointing out what an idiot you are.

Your posting pal has more alter ego's and identities than you've got "America is great and Asia is crap stories"!

Provide a link to where I actually said that Tommo, AOA, Fifty Two, please, else it's a fantasy in your mind, again.

Bump!

Does anyone know of a bank in Thailand that is safe, and dependable for international transactions, money transfer from USA to Bangkok Thailand, for a retired couple from the USA. Thanks for your help.

Bangkok Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

Kasikorn Bank

Bank of Ayuthaya

TMB

CIMB

UOB

Take your pick, they're all insured.

• Like 1