German impaled on bike pedal on Jomtien Beach Road

webfact

German impaled on bike pedal on Jomtien Beach Road

german-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A German Resident of Pattaya, thought to be aged in his early sixties, became impaled on a pedal of a bicycle he was riding home after a night of heavy drinking, causing serious damage to his left leg.

The incident occurred on Jomtien Beach Road in front of a construction site for a new condominium, early on Tuesday morning. The German, who did not give his name, was known by locals as a heavy drinker and would often borrow a bicycle from a Security Guard at his residence to get home.

He was suspected of being intoxicated and the bicycle appeared to be too small for him. It is thought a problem with the bike caused him to fall onto the pavement as he rode home. He somehow became impaled on the pedal which penetrated his left leg, just below the knee.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/114260/german-impaled-on-bike-pedal-on-jomtien-beach-road/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-01-07

Sounds like he was intoxicated. Lucky he wasn't hit by a car.

"Sounds like he was intoxicated.

No, " ...It is thought a problem with the bike caused him to fall ..."

"Lucky he wasn't hit by a car."

It's always possible he bounced off a few cars before impaling himself.

Usually when any farang does something truly stupid the blame is shifted on to some Thai or possibly ALL Thais, but in this case even though he was almost certainly blotto, let's blame it on a malfunctioning bike. At least he won't need much in the way of anesthesia when he gets to the emergency room.

I hope he compensates the person from whom he "borrowed" the bike.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Must be a slow news night during high season in Sin City.

On another note, the girl in the pink top looks like she's discovered McDonald's.

Like the comment..great stuff..ya have to look deep into this pics and see the rest of the story or make up one..good work and humor...

Sounds like he was intoxicated. Lucky he wasn't hit by a car.

Or didn't meet an American shopping for kinky lighters.................rolleyes.gif width=20 alt=rolleyes.gif pagespeed_url_hash=2070704717>

or you... jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

• Like 1

I did the same once in Phnom Penh back in 2000.

Riding home pissed on my Vespa and hit a pothole, next thing I know I am on the floor with the 1960's Vespa laying on top of me.

Tried to get the bike off then noticed that I couldn't because the brake lever had become impaled in my calf muscle.

Still got the scar on my leg as the doctor that did the stitches in PP was hard of sight and had to get the nurse in to finish the stitches that he had totally ballsed up.

:)

Must be a slow news night during high season in Sin City.

On another note, the girl in the pink top looks like she's discovered McDonald's.

I thought she was checking to see if he`s got any gold fillings.... might be needed for the hospital stay (Or perhaps she wants to go shopping while he`s an in-patient... well gold prices have slumped recently smile.png )

Lucky he borrow a bike not motorbike which might cost his life, Don't drink and drive even a bike !

I am a keen day time cyclist and unhesitatingly I would say you would have to be more super alert on a bicycle than any other form of transport (including wearing a helmet) because other road users have no tolerance for you whatsoever. It's definitely ride to survive and its a war zone out thereph34r.png

Edited by Asiantravel

dansan, on 07 Jan 2014 - 10:12, said:

I did the same once in Phnom Penh back in 2000.

Riding home pissed on my Vespa and hit a pothole, next thing I know I am on the floor with the 1960's Vespa laying on top of me.

Tried to get the bike off then noticed that I couldn't because the brake lever had become impaled in my calf muscle.

Still got the scar on my leg as the doctor that did the stitches in PP was hard of sight and had to get the nurse in to finish the stitches that he had totally ballsed up.

smile.png

Pity about the Vespa.......love these bikes.....used to have one when youngthumbsup.gif

Must be a very slow news day. A drunk in Pattaya, one of a million, or maybe

it wasn't a Russian Drunk is the news 55555555555555555

Just another idiot in Pattaya.

Did he bicycle to Pattaya? i thought this was in Jomtien.