90 Day Reporting at Major Hollywood, Phrapradaeng, BKK

For those of us living on the "other side of the river" (ie Rama 2, etc) Immigration has opened the "dream" office, at Major Hollywood, Phrapradaeng!!!

Traveled there today; new offices; from my home in Bang Mod (Rama 2 / Central) all of 5 km, 20 minute driving, to get there.

NO LINE, NO QUEUE, immediate service at the window, AND... now get a TM-47 form back with ALL the information PRE-FILLED-IN !!!

Next time.. a signature is all that will be required.

Compare this to Imperial World, battling the traffic in Lat Prao, or Chaengwattana, 100 baht in tolls and an hour's drive both ways... (or 300 to 400 baht taxi) this new site was like a dream.

Oh yeah, EASY free parking in back, SHORT walk, and you could even watch a movie at Major Hollywood, afterwards!!! LOL

Address is:

Major Hollywood (Cinema)

Suk Suwat Soi 60

Suk Suwat, Phra Pradaeng, BKK 10130

Office hours 10:30am to 6:30pm

Official notice here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=readmore&id=1842&section=notice

Google Map: https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=google+maps+Major+Hollywood,+Rat+Burana,+%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94+%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3+Thailand&fb=1&hq=google+maps+Major+Hollywood,+Rat+Burana,+%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94+%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3+Thailand&hnear=google+maps+Major+Hollywood,+Rat+Burana,+%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94+%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3+Thailand&hl=en&view=map&ftid=0x30e2a23c912de485:0x6110814ef316c952&ftt=3395&geocode=Fct20AAd6ML9BQ&split=0&sll=13.661899,100.516584&sspn=0.000000,0.000000&iwloc=A&ved=0CBEQpQY&sa=X&ei=6ovLUvi3E42uiQeimoDICA

Good to see one opened on the west side of the river where I live. But I wonder if its only going to be open to farangs while the protests are going on....after the protests are over then its back to using CW in northern Bangkok?

Good to see one opened on the west side of the river where I live. But I wonder if its only going to be open to farangs while the protests are going on....after the protests are over then its back to using CW in northern Bangkok?

During the protests they will be open for all immigration dealings, after the protest it is back to business. That means only open for laborers of 3 neighbouring countries AND 90 day reporting only for all other foreginers.

Mario2008, on 08 Jan 2014 - 15:53, said:

Pib, on 08 Jan 2014 - 15:46, said:

During the protests they will be open for all immigration dealings, after the protest it is back to business. That means only open for laborers of 3 neighbouring countries AND 90 day reporting only for all other foreginers.

Since I live in western Bangkok having an office on my side of the river to do 90 day reports is definitely a good thing. Driving to CW (northern Bangkok) has never really been a traffic problem for me, but the office on the west side should be easier/faster for me to drive to. Now for me, driving to the central/eastern Bangkok office in Ladphra would be such a pain since that part of town is always a traffic jam...and I expect that area will be impacted somewhat by the upcoming protests along with the CW govt offices. Ladprha is OK to get to I guess if you have nearby access to the BTS which many people don't. But which location is easiest/fastest all depends on where a person lives and what modes of transportation they must use. Yea, I could mail in my 90 day reports but I kinda like getting out to certain parts of Bangkok every 90 days or so to see what has changed and to kill time.

• 1 month later...

I plan to do my 90-day report tomorrow at Suksawat. Do I only need to take my passport and pick up a form there? Any photocopies needed? So long since I did the last one in person that I can remember what I took.

Just your passport and a competed TM47 form, Download: http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm47.pdf

Went this afternoon. Got taxi from Surasak BTS, then onto expressway (50 baht). Took 15 mins and cost 85 baht in taxi. Came back across the other bridge to Chong Nonsi - cost 120 baht in taxi and took around 35 mins, as lots of traffic.

No queue at all at tables for 90-day report. Less than a minute to check form and passport, then took to window B9. No queue there either. Waited 2-3 minutes to get passport back.

Then went to re-entry permit table - no queue. Hand form in at window D18 - no queue. Got passport back in 10-15 mins.

Very easy.

Meanwhile, all the people from Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia seemed to have a very long wait. Seems like we (other nationalities) get priority.

Much quicker than both Lad Prao and CW. I wish it would stay there. Area is a bit grim though.

I'll tack these minor detail questions onto an existing and current 90 day reporting thread. This is the first time I will have to do such a report having switched to staying onto a basis of an extension of my Non-Immigrant O visa on the basis of retirement

If I last arrived into Thailand on 30 December 2013, is that day Day number One when starting a count of 90 days or is 31 December Day number One?

The first question on the TM7 "Written At". Do I just put the village and amphur where I am living in response?

Thanks

I'll tack these minor detail questions onto an existing and current 90 day reporting thread. This is the first time I will have to do such a report having switched to staying onto a basis of an extension of my Non-Immigrant O visa on the basis of retirement

If I last arrived into Thailand on 30 December 2013, is that day Day number One when starting a count of 90 days or is 31 December Day number One?

The first question on the TM7 "Written At". Do I just put the village and amphur where I am living in response?

Thanks

The 90 day count includes the day you enter. But your first extension will count as your first report. Your first report will be due 90 days from when you apply for the extension.

I put the same address in that space I put in the other address space.

Many thanks Ubonjoe.

I'm glad I asked, otherwise I would have been trotting along to Sisaket immi in mid April to be landed with a fine maybe. My first 90 days expired yesterday from the time I got the extension. So I presume I have only another 6 day window in which to report, same as for a normal 90 day report, or does the fact that the immigration stamp for my extension request that I report on 5 March mean exactly that for the first report?

Immigration's webpage "Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days" could be a little clearer as there is an apparent conflict between what they stamp in your passport and their website guidance. Not bitching - just offering up a comment in case immigration ever ask Thaivisa.com for feedback.

You can report 7 days late but they typically count the day report was due which works out to 6 days.

Once you do your first report you will always have a slip telling you the date it is due. That is unless you leave and re-enter the country which starts a new 90 days starting on the day you enter.

Today I did my 90 days report in Rayong and was told that I must do it in Chonburi as my address is in Chonburi.I explained that I thought that the 90 days could be done anywhere. I have been doing it in Rayong for more than twenty years. The official kindly said that she would do it this time but next time Chonburi. Have the goalposts been moved and is this a new regulation?

Today I did my 90 days report in Rayong and was told that I must do it in Chonburi as my address is in Chonburi.I explained that I thought that the 90 days could be done anywhere. I have been doing it in Rayong for more than twenty years. The official kindly said that she would do it this time but next time Chonburi. Have the goalposts been moved and is this a new regulation?

Nothing new.

The rule that you have to do them where you do your extension has been around now for a few years. I think the office in Jomtien accepts mail in reports.You should check with them to find out what they require and the mailing address.

If you are traveling around the country you can make a report at another office but you need to have an address on the TM47 for that area. You may also need to show some proof of address such as a hotel receipt.

• 8 months later...

Went to Immigration today at Major Surasak.

Elapsed time: five minutes.

No lines. Deserted office. Had to walk past a bunch of Lao and Burmese laborers checking out my wife as we walked past, heard the inevitable catcalls.

Walked in, said "90 day" to the clerk at the entrance, he handed me the form. I took it to him completed, he checked it, then directed me to window 1, helpfully designated "90 day reporting."

The clerk there reviewed the form, tapped a couple of times on his keyboard, printed my form, and that was it. I was done.

Smooth as silk. Far better than going to Chaeng Wattana.