Thai government fears coup plan in the works

webfact

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And maybe it’s the fear of a Coup that’s also affecting Panda- Lin Hui's pregnancy at Chiang Mai Zoo..Hmm?

Just like they keep guessing; so do we. Excessive Panda hormone levels are to blame. coffee1.gif

Edited by MK1
  • Like 2

All the posters from western democracies when they get to Thailand chuck it out the window in support of coups, forgetting about their own roots. They are the worst kind of hypocrits!

My country has never had a government as corrupt and incompetent as this one. If it did, I'd want a coup there too.

Not sure where you come from but many countries had their share in corruption but for sure for incompetence. Where you see the corruption (more than before) incompetence I agree!

Why you think a military coup is the best solution and not a election? Do you really think a military coup will change the system it will only put it on hold and than it will be back to square one may be with different actors. Sustainable changes can be only done with democratic tools as you can see from the past in Thailand where each coup brought also changes in the constitution.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Not at the top of the list overall but certainly the last 50-60 years Thailand sits proudly up there with such illustrious countries as:

Haiti

Syria

Sierra Leone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coups_d'état_and_coup_attempts_by_country

Says it all really they should be ashamed.

They have some interesting neighbours on the corruption perception list too. Could it be the two are linked in some way?

Wow Now there is democracy for you. If the minority can't win an election then stage a coup and take control against the majority.

When was the election the army lost? I am not sure but I think army dictator wasn't on the sheet.

• Like 1

Just a distraction from the real intentions...On the contrary, It can only work IN FAVOR for Thaksin, because,... IF the yellows oust again, then the entire red shirt brigade of Thailand will make Suthep's Bangkok shutdown look like a fancy-nancy Bangkok-ONLY-Bangkok-VIP party,...

... in THIS case,... Bangkok and its few million Anti-government protesters along with many innocent people will be annihilated like trillion kachillian tsunamis, with a vengeance in the near future....

DemoThaksin-ocracy

All the posters from western democracies when they get to Thailand chuck it out the window in support of coups, forgetting about their own roots. They are the worst kind of hypocrits!

My country has never had a government as corrupt and incompetent as this one. If it did, I'd want a coup there too.

Not sure where you come from but many countries had their share in corruption but for sure for incompetence. Where you see the corruption (more than before) incompetence I agree!

Why you think a military coup is the best solution and not a election? Do you really think a military coup will change the system it will only put it on hold and than it will be back to square one may be with different actors. Sustainable changes can be only done with democratic tools as you can see from the past in Thailand where each coup brought also changes in the constitution.

The changes in the constitution after a coup can't be an advance; why not? Do you think a corrupt government will install anti-corruption measures to their own detriment, stop paying police to turn a blind eye to their crimes, and giving amnesties to those convicted? Do you believe a known perjurer will do that, when it is only corruption that retains that charge?

Just a distraction from the real intentions...On the contrary, It can only work IN FAVOR for Thaksin, because,... IF the yellows oust again, then the entire red shirt brigade of Thailand will make Suthep's Bangkok shutdown look like a fancy-nancy Bangkok-ONLY-Bangkok-VIP party,...

... in THIS case,... Bangkok and its few million Anti-government protesters along with many innocent people will be annihilated like trillion kachillian tsunamis, with a vengeance in the near future....

DemoThaksin-ocracy

if the red thugs want to attempt that they WILL face the full force of the army,

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

More stuff and nonsense from the government who are terrified that if they cannot get elected they will be exposed for what they are.

any removal from office of this dire government will reveal the mass financial incompetence and corruption .they are shit scared

I answered a post last year that asked "What are they scared of? "

I said "Someone checking the books"

• Like 2

More stuff and nonsense from the government who are terrified that if they cannot get elected they will be exposed for what they are.

any removal from office of this dire government will reveal the mass financial incompetence and corruption .they are shit scared

Absolutely though I would have said an honest trustworthy accountant not beholden to either side.

• Like 1

Not at the top of the list overall but certainly the last 50-60 years Thailand sits proudly up there with such illustrious countries as:

Haiti

Syria

Sierra Leone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coups_d'état_and_coup_attempts_by_country

Says it all really they should be ashamed.

yes much worse than stable democracies like North Korea....They are still on the way to vote Kim out of the office, or maybe they are satisfied and therefor elected him.

Absolutely though I would have said an honest trustworthy accountant not beholden to either side.

Honest trustworthy accountant - surely a conflict of terms.

If the government is too weak and ineffectual to deal with the protestors then for sure a coup is the only way to fix that problem. Pro-Shinawatras can blame Suthep all they want but it was Poo's useless and corrupt government that allowed the situation to become so bad in the first place.

Now they can't disperse the crowds because the Shinawatra police are just as useless as their masters and they refuse to resign because they want to cling onto power. The army won't help them either. Right now, the only way this problem is going to be solved is with a coup with a military junta in charge for a couple of years while they try to force the Dems and the PTP to work together without Shinwatra interference.

So this is what happens to people's political views when they live in Thailand for too long.....first time I have ever actually witnessed someone in support of a military junta.

Been through a Thai military junta. Things were actually better then things are now.

• Like 1

'Many' countries eh? Sure list them out and explain why they as bad or worse as compared to this one.

This country has gone through elections, protests, mobs and then coups and then rinse and repeat. You really think another election is going to solve things? PTP wins the February elections. Hurrah for democracy! Then what? More protests, more mobs. And even if things were peaceful now, there would just be more unrest a couple of years down the road. A change is needed. If another coup happens, we won't know if things will get better or not, we weren't know if things will change or not but then, with things as bad as they are now, it's worth trying don't you think?

• Like 1

If the government is too weak and ineffectual to deal with the protestors then for sure a coup is the only way to fix that problem. Pro-Shinawatras can blame Suthep all they want but it was Poo's useless and corrupt government that allowed the situation to become so bad in the first place.

Now they can't disperse the crowds because the Shinawatra police are just as useless as their masters and they refuse to resign because they want to cling onto power. The army won't help them either. Right now, the only way this problem is going to be solved is with a coup with a military junta in charge for a couple of years while they try to force the Dems and the PTP to work together without Shinwatra interference.

Agree, if they hadn't brought up the amnesty bill to get Thaksin back, non of this would probably never happen.

Now I don't see any other solution than a coup to stop chaos and anarchy in Bangkok and hopefully get rid of the Shinawatra mafia in thai politics once and for all coffee1.gif

• Like 1

It's over for Thaksin... The best thing he could do is spare his family the shame of this and rethink who and what he is. He's no better than anyone and I do mean anyone.

Full agreement Local Drunk but I'm just wondering Did Thaksin or his family/cronies have any shame in the first place???

• Like 1

Agree, if they hadn't brought up the amnesty bill to get Thaksin back, non of this would probably never happen.

Now I don't see any other solution than a coup to stop chaos and anarchy in Bangkok and hopefully get rid of the Shinawatra mafia in thai politics once and for all coffee1.gif

No, the amnesty proposal was widely discussed BEFORE the last election( and with many of the 'key players' since). Looking at it from this chaos, amnesty ( for all) looks pretty good to me.

The more Peua Thai bleat about a possible coup the more guilty they appear. A coup would play into their hands. They're dying for a coup to get them out of this mess. Coups happen to very corrupt govts, must have done something wrong to be so afraid a coup is necessary…go on, tell us what you've done wrong!