Bangkok Governor prepares to handle Bangkok shutdown

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about stopping the buses loaded with protesters before they get to Bangkok?

All the southern rent-a-thugs could be stopped long before reaching Bangkok.

Knock down stages blocking public streets. (offer other venues, parks, stadiums etc.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

How about the right of freedom of speech, freedom of movement, and freedom protest in regard to what any person believes is wrong?

How about peaceful demonstrations instead of cutting power, storming buildings, destroying computers in search of

government documents and evidence.

• Like 1

Knock down stages blocking public streets. (offer other venues, parks, stadiums etc.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

How about the right of freedom of speech, freedom of movement, and freedom protest in regard to what any person believes is wrong?

Freedom of movement?

Are you serious?

sigh.

Yes I am very serious, or perhaps you think a government has the right to purposely control / herd people around at the governments whim.

Perhaps you also support dictators, which is a key word in why these protests are even taking place.

That you have failed to see the irony in your responses is dumbfounding.

and exasperating.

If I respond to any of your posts in the future, please remind me that you can't comprehend seemingly glaring obviousness.

It will save us both some time.

Thanks pal.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

Nope that would not work

they could just come in from the north

and say they where red shirts

The governor is a staunch Suthep supporter, thats why he will only look after the demonstrators and ignore the power, water, roads, schools shutting etc....

The Bangkok governor is an active anti-goverment protest supporter. That was very obvious in 2010 already rolleyes.gif

The governor is a staunch Suthep supporter, thats why he will only look after the demonstrators and ignore the power, water, roads, schools shutting etc....

The Bangkok governor is an active anti-goverment protest supporter. That was very obvious in 2010 already rolleyes.gif

What a farce... the person elected to lead one of the world's great cities actually becomes complicit in its closure...to the the huge disadvantage of those who elected him to govern. Should be dismissed and tossed in jail

Edited by Prbkk

What if after all the preparations nothing happens, not one whistle blower to be seen on Jan 13th. what a joke that would be.

The last one was a mega-flop. About 75,000 turned up and the zombies claimed 6 million ( and have tried to spread the 6 million story far and wide,fortunately no-one buying it)

And again you quote numbers which have been refuted 20 times at least.

Gentlemen,

It is quite easy to estimate the numbers in recent photographs. Enlarge the photo on your computer, then count 100 people in a tightly packed area, make note of the size of this "block". Now estimate 10 of these blocks, this is your 1000 people block. Now count how many 1000 people blocks in the photo.

Even allowing for my calculations to be vastly underestimated ( count and then double or triple the number, or halve the size of your "blocks") the numbers are never more than 200,000.

Please try this yourself.

Also, there are buses in the victory monument photo. Overestimate the amount of people that can occupy the same space as a bus. I guessed 50...but tripled my estimate to be sure... 150 for each "bus sized block"

Now see how many buses will fit in the photo. There is absolutely no way to fit 1000 buses in the photo area (which would be 150,000 people.)

I challenge any one to try.

Please prove me wrong, but explain your method as I have.

Don't quote some other parties numbers....do the simple math.

What if after all the preparations nothing happens, not one whistle blower to be seen on Jan 13th. what a joke that would be.

The last one was a mega-flop. About 75,000 turned up and the zombies claimed 6 million ( and have tried to spread the 6 million story far and wide,fortunately no-one buying it)

Gentlemen,

It is quite easy to estimate the numbers in recent photographs. Enlarge the photo on your computer, then count 100 people in a tightly packed area, make note of the size of this "block". Now estimate 10 of these blocks, this is your 1000 people block. Now count how many 1000 people blocks in the photo.

Even allowing for my calculations to be vastly underestimated ( count and then double or triple the number, or halve the size of your "blocks") the numbers are never more than 200,000.

Also, there are buses in the victory monument photo. Overestimate the amount of people that can occupy the same space as a bus. I guessed 50...but tripled my estimate to be sure... 150 for each "bus sized block"

Now see how many buses will fit in the photo. There is absolutely no way to fit 1000 buses in the photo area (which would be 150,000 people.)

These people include unseen ghosts in their figures, I believe

What a farce... the person elected to lead one of the world's great cities actually becomes complicit in its closure...to the the huge disadvantage of those who elected him to govern. Should be dismissed and tossed in jail

Actually the Bangkok Governor and the BMA only provides things like mobile toilets, power and the like. That they do for ALL type of protesters on humanitary grounds.

To suggest that the governor is active helping to close down his city is incorrect and as such false. Please note that those who elected the current Bangkok governor are most likely Democrats supporters and as such anti-government protesters although not necessarily Suthep friends. Most were really upset when the government tried to push through the modified 'blanket amnesty bill'. Even red-shirts were hurt to be betrayed in such a way (with amnesty for Abhisit/Suthep), till Suthep gave the UDD leaders a chance to deflect and focus on the anti Yingluck/Thaksin' aspects of those protests.

Gentlemen,

These people include unseen ghosts in their figures, I believe

I posed this challenge in an earlier thread, no takers from the millions crowd...not one.

Come on guys, if you believe there were millions.....show me, prove your numbers as I have...or prove me wrong.

• Like 1

Actually the Bangkok Governor and the BMA only provides things like mobile toilets, power and the like. That they do for ALL type of protesters on humanitary grounds.

To suggest that the governor is active helping to close down his city is incorrect and as such false. Please note that those who elected the current Bangkok governor are most likely Democrats supporters and as such anti-government protesters although not necessarily Suthep friends. Most were really upset when the government tried to push through the modified 'blanket amnesty bill'. Even red-shirts were hurt to be betrayed in such a way (with amnesty for Abhisit/Suthep), till Suthep gave the UDD leaders a chance to deflect and focus on the anti Yingluck/Thaksin' aspects of those protests.

Yes, I understand that. However, it would have been far better for him to have recused himself from any involvement at all given his political allegiances. The management of this should be with someone not aligned with either side, even if you believe that connection to be oblique ( I do not )

I don't suppose he is too worried. If his mates get there way there will no need to bother with getting re elected! He will just be appointed as he is one of the "good people". In fact if he plays his cards right, and proves to be a very good person, he may be appointed to an even better job!. It's the new democratic way forward you see!

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

Have all the freedom of speech and freedom of movement you want, and the freedom to protest, but no not stop other people from getting to their work or going about their business. They also have freedom too, and livelihoods to earn.

• Like 1

Very unlikely, when you see all the popular and influential people, who support it...

1535669_769631879733413_948102888_n.jpg

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

Flaming as usual I see. I am more worried, Far far more worried about the northern red 'rent a thugs' to use your terminology, they are far more prone to violence given their track record over the last 4 years.

Prbkk post # 6

One is led to wonder whether you are a failed vaudeville comedian or that you reside in a parallel universe where the distortion of events and the truth are the norm

well, whatever. I just hope it is peaceful and no-one is injured

Maybe the ONLY sensible comment we have ever had from you....I agree with you for once.

Gentlemen,

That is just one photo. The protestors were in many different areas. You wouod have to take photos of Ratchadamnon, Victory Monument, Siam, Satorn, Asok, the bridge and all the other places they were at. There were also other smaller protests all over Thailand. When you have counted all the numbers from every photo, get back to us with your estimate....Maybe 6 million is an over estimate but 150000 is similarly an underestimate.

Very unlikely, when you see all the popular and influential people, who support it...

1535669_769631879733413_948102888_n.jpg

That would explain all the poor Carabao copy bands on Blue Sky TV - they should do a gig at 'Democracy Monument' - I would go - saw them in London had a wonderful time - brilliant live obviously very rich and I suspect some of their poorer supporters will be conflicted by them choosing sides.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

Flaming as usual I see. I am more worried, Far far more worried about the northern red 'rent a thugs' to use your terminology, they are far more prone to violence given their track record over the last 4 years.

I made suggestions of non-violent ways lives may be saved.

If thugs are coming from the North, stop them before reaching Bangkok as well.

Just like Suthep, you assume everyone that isn't following him is a "Red Shirt" or Thaksin supporter.

I am neither.

I have commented that Thaksin has been the only one supporting the poor, this does not mean I support the current government.

I respect and support the democratic system.

The proper way to change, is at the ballot box...The Dems had a good chance of doing that..after the Amnesty bill fiasco.

Sutheps lunacy ruined that for eveyone.

Now he is provoking violence

.As are you, by supporting his nonsense.

• Like 1

Gentlemen,

That is just one photo. The protestors were in many different areas. You wouod have to take photos of Ratchadamnon, Victory Monument, Siam, Satorn, Asok, the bridge and all the other places they were at. There were also other smaller protests all over Thailand. When you have counted all the numbers from every photo, get back to us with your estimate....Maybe 6 million is an over estimate but 150000 is similarly an underestimate.

I counted all the aerial photos.

Have you done any independent research? Did you even try a simple estimate?

Count one photo, and then try your argument again.

Show me photos of the smaller rallies, I'll count those too.

Prove me wrong...I've done the work...you have done nothing but whine.

• Like 1

Gentlemen,

I counted all the aerial photos.

Have you done any independent research? Did you even try a simple estimate?

Count one photo, and then try your argument again.

Show me photos of the smaller rallies, I'll count those too.

Prove me wrong...I've done the work...you have done nothing but whine.

I have nothing to prove. You are the one whining on and on 'the numbers are wrong' - I don't really give a damn.

There is no comparison between 2010 and 2014: In 2010 the demonstrators were demanding the restoration of democracy, until Messrs Suthep and Abhisit ordered their murder -and then tried to pretend that the killing of 92 demonstrators equated to the burning of a rich peoples shopping centre. in 2014 the paId-for demonstrators are demanding the destruction of democracy because they can't win elections....nowhere else on earth would this be possible!

Maybe you should try some facts before you post crap like this. Suthep and Abhisit DID NOT order murder of anyone. Soldiers were sent in to stop the riots and were doing their job trying to restore order. Rioters got violent, the army did what they had to do.

For the thousandth bloody time, 92 was the TOTAL number of people killed in the red shirt RIOTS of 2010. Yes some were red shirt idiots HOWEVER a number of them were bystanders, 2 of them were reporters and a number of them were soldiers who were killed by the reds / men in black. So get that straight for a start. How many were actually red shirts ? Do some research by yourself and work it out.

The current demonstrations are being paid for in the sense that they have some backing for organizational costs however none of the protestors are being paid. In actual fact when the DSI froze the bank accounts, a very large number of protestors started donating their own money to fund the cause.

And they want reform before elections because Thailand does not have democracy and they want it. They want Thaksin gone so there can be a chance for reforms and real democracy can be introduced. This can never4 happen whilst Thaksin's vested are interests are all that matter to him. He has raped and pillaged the countrey for far too long.

And finallly nowhere else on Earth would it be possible for the government to be run by proxy by a convicted fugitive on the run using the country's assets to make himself rich at the expense of 70 million of his countrymen.

Yes, I understand that. However, it would have been far better for him to have recused himself from any involvement at all given his political allegiances. The management of this should be with someone not aligned with either side, even if you believe that connection to be oblique ( I do not )

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. The Governor and BMA are just helping (anti-government) protesters of any colour and type, like those with red affinity in 2010, and whistle blowers now.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

So all these "rights" give you the right to shut down life important facilities, so you can sickly protest and scream all your rubbish off your head that would otherwise have your head exploding?

What about all the "innocent" children, who, if they could tell you ...

What about them?

Should they starve, fall sick and die, so YOU can run rogue in your mentally sick demand for freedom of speech?

Speak and demonstrate, for as long as you want, but don't cause HARM! IDIOTS!

Bangkok governor should explain why he did not try to talk into Suthep head ( as seen as he paid a courtesy visit not long time ago ), and let him understand that indefinite block of 7 areas of Bangkok is ruin for many people that have to go to work everyday and the least problem will have is to have to stay on the road 2 or more hours more for reach their workplace and turn back home?

Protesters have their rights and I agree on some on their points as well, but not on the way of this new protest.

I will be also forced to use Mass Transport for reach my workplace, praying God they will not think to cut also MRT and BTS at some points.

Here someone criminalized and is still criminalizing red shirts for their block of Ratchaprasong, but exalts the next protest? Double standards?

I blamed and cursed reds for what they have done back in 2010 and in the same way do the same to who is organizing disruption and searching for military intervention once again. Give voice to the real people, not to powermongers, using people again for their advantage, like back in 2010.

Edited by newcomer71

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

Did you honestly think that at the start of the protests in 2010?

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Although he is a member of the Democrat Party, the governor stated that he had nothing to do with the demonstrations"

Really? Ask the school kids if they appreciate the schools being shut and being threatened with losing grades if they don't attend the demonstrations. Desperate for numbers perhaps?

Does that explain why the students are so proactive with their 'peaceful' protests?

Anyway what kind of people would drag kids into this knowing that there may be a chance of violence? Or even poisoning their young minds with political BS, I already hear of one kid complaining about not getting taught Maths or English, only taught hatred for the devils own TS, he causes the Tsunami's and floods don't ya know? meanwhile I think we know who the real devils are, and the brainwashed devil worshippers are taking us all to hell.... there I've said it.