Snakes and rabies

All snakes should be treat as poisoness . you should always seek medical advice, There are many Snakes with un common markings, and some that are mutant in that they do not look like there species. better safe than sorry. many snakes do not kill, but result in amputation. of limbs

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All snakes should be treat as poisoness . you should always seek medical advice, There are many Snakes with un common markings, and some that are mutant in that they do not look like there species. better safe than sorry. many snakes do not kill, but result in amputation. of limbs

why should all be treated as same if you know they are not?

that kind of attitude, while l understand it from those that are scared of, or know nothing about them, are the same people that willy nilly kill every thing they see because it is dangerous or a pest.

Yes, was wondering about tetanus.

But, I have been bitten by snakes here and back home several times, never sought medical treatment.

Also bitten by monkey's here 3 or so times, but friendly ones I know.

I prefer to build my own immunity system without drugs and rubbish as much as possible without being silly about it.

But I was asking about this one particularly because I was not sure about rabies and snakes and this was a rather big bite, bled a lot, but stopped now and treated at home.

"I prefer to build my own immunity system without drugs and rubbish as much as possible without being silly about it."

Oh my dear, are you really so illiterate and silly to give this statement? If it is so, nobody can help you. In the western world we try hard to point out the risks of rabies in not so developed countries as LOS (check WHO website). I really did not expect anybody to write any foolish stuff like you did. Hopefully you'll have no kids and no wife to be responsible for.....

But, I have been bitten by snakes here and back home several times, never sought medical treatment.

I prefer to build my own immunity system without drugs and rubbish as much as possible without being silly about it.

But I was asking about this one particularly because I was not sure about rabies and snakes and this was a rather big bite, bled a lot, but stopped now and treated at home.

"I prefer to build my own immunity system without drugs and rubbish as much as possible without being silly about it."

Oh my dear, are you really so illiterate and silly to give this statement? If it is so, nobody can help you. In the western world we try hard to point out the risks of rabies in not so developed countries as LOS (check WHO website). I really did not expect anybody to write any foolish stuff like you did. Hopefully you'll have no kids and no wife to be responsible for.....

<deleted> to you too...

So you are so ignorant to believe that you cannot build your own immune strengths up to fight smaller issues like colds, flues, infections and such ?

It is you I feel sorry for, brainwashed by the western world and its reliance on meds for life.....go forth and medicate all you like.

My kids and wife are fine by the way, very healthy and rarely get sick....go figure....but thanks for the concern.

You have clear problems with reading comprehension sir. Re-read the last five words of the sentence you quoted.

I too avoid taking unnecessary medicine as I believe it builds up immunity. I do not take medicines for colds, flu, sore throats, minor headaches, etc. which by the way I rarely get when those around me are dropping like flies, which seems to support my hypothesis. If, however, I were bitten by a rabid animal (happened twice in 10 years) or a venomous snake you can be sure that I would waste no time in seeking medical attention, nor I assume would the OP.

• Like 1

Well, that was painful.

Left arm still quite sore....he tried to suffocate me, bite, rip my arm off, shit all over me, anything but kiss me.

Hand turned white for quite some time....and numb.

Kids laughing, son taking shaky photos and wifey beating it with a stick...and me as she ain't a great shot.....credit to her though for stepping up and unwrapping it from my arm before it dropped off.

Any way, the angry little fella is safe n sound in a cage now, ready for transport and release on Sunday.

Here is the little one...

attachicon.gifIMG_3001.JPG

She love me long time...

attachicon.gifIMG_3000.JPG

Got a tad angry...

attachicon.gifIMG_3005.JPG

You're a braver man than me Gunga Din. That's for sure. It's a monster size.

he was a big boy, arm still sore 2 days later.....strange, legs were sore and sorry also, no idea why, maybe he squeezed all the toxins down there.

The best I can guess is that you are insinuating that eating non domestic meat is highly risky business and the guy is foolish? -- Eating meat from an animal that the person certainly now understands cannot be a rabies infection vector? What you sayin' boyah? dry.png.pagespeed.ce.iCXmiFQmCf.png

It might be due to me not being a native English speaker/ writer, haha. So my apologies if my post was not clear. Because if I understand your post correctly then I believe you did not understand my post correctly, wink.png.

I was insinuating that the guy was waiting for his or somebody else's kid(s) to come home. Then take a kid, throw the kid in the box with the waiting python, then return after an hour or two and then open the box to find one happy fat python wink.png.

I, as a wildlife lover with a special place in his heart for snakes, would appreciate that.

It would help the python survive and it would be a small though important first step against the overpopulation of human beings in this world, a problem hardly taken into account by any government except perhaps China (that the only good thing China does for the natural environment of this world... the rest is evil).

Again my apologies that my post was not clear...

• Like 1

Caught this one couple weeks ago....stunning colours..

attachicon.gifIMG_2558.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2564.JPG

correct me if I'm wrong but these ones are venomous so i believe.used to find these around our old place .

Red-necked Keelback, Rhabdophis subminiatus

Indeed venomous. Wiki shows some info on it. Only one fatality is known. Rear-fanged so don't wait for it to chew on your finger for a while...

Common snake in Thailand, not to fear, though handle with care.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're even scratched by a monkey you need a series of rabies shots. The sooner the better,

Even if the injury didn't break the skin, even if there wasn't a drop of blood or a single puncture wound. Any warm blooded animal can be a symptomless carrier of the disease for months or years. There is no cure for rabies, if infected, once you exhibit symptoms the prognosis is certain death. 4000฿ is a small price to pay.