Bangkok police chief dismisses resignation

webfact

Bangkok police chief dismisses resignation

10-23-2013-6-13-11-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Komronwit Thoopkrachang this morning dismissed report in some printed and social media that he has stepped down.

He said the resignation report was unfounded and just a rumour.

He said he did not know why there was such a rumour, adding it was totally untrue.

The Bangkok police chief is to retire end of September. The rumour said he has resigned after being heavily criticised over his handling of the protest situation by anti-government protesters and he was very upset over the criticisms.

Source; http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bangkok-police-chief-dismisses-resignation/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-09

Why would he be upset at the criticism. He just needs to work on fixing it. Did he forget that he is working for the public?

Oh you kill me with your jokes!!! Stop, it hurts already! A Thai policeman working for the PUBLIC?!!! Now I've heard it all...

• Like 1

Thaksins little barking dog get upset with criticism . Surely he knows that he is the top dog in one of the most corrupt and inefficient police forces in the world. He and his masters should be proud that he has maintained the high standards as set by prior administration.

• Like 1

He's the same man who allowed the red shirt protesters to bring tires and bamboo to start fires and to burn down Central World. He also allowed taxi drivers and motorcycle taxis to act as a terror army during the occupation of BKK.

Every single Baht goes through him.

Shame really......he and all the other RTP should pull the pin and go!

I don't know of the conduct or performance of all RTP and will sit and watch. "All" as a predeterminer is one I try not to use unless I know more on the subject.

These guys never admit to anything. Unbelievable. In the land of karma and they are acting like this. Has anyone ever seen an apology from any of this guys. But if there were....dry.png

Hello citizens of the great kingdom of Thailand. My name is Pol Lt Gen(and yes I do have the receipt for the rank) Komronwit Thoopkrachang. Most of you know me already. We may have met at least once at the hundreds of check point that I participated in as a rookie. By the way, thanks for the 100 baht donation, it helped prove to my superior that I exhibit great corruption potential. But I do thank you for your continue supporting of our next generation of Thai Top Cop.

Now regarding the incident at Din Daeng.... The officer in charge....well we actually don't have the name yet. First, we are still trying to figure out how to get out of this mess. But I am sure you guys will forget about this in a couple of weeks. But today, I would like to address the criticism that some of you have with our management of the crisis. First, I was still golfing that morning and did not get a chance to get to the scene until 3pm. So I can't really be blamed. Now as far as my men who was on the frontline with the protesters that day. You must forgive them, as most of them had riot training many years ago. We did get a chance to brush up on our riot training in 2010, but we had visitors from out of town, hence we couldn't attend. Please understand our work is very stressful, it's not as easy collecting money from the hard working folks out there. But thank you for letting us do our job.

That morning, per department policy, Code RTP555:"officers are to secure all weapons and gears into any vehicle they can find, but must make sure the windows are rolled up and doors locked. As this is proven to be the best place to secure arms from hoodlums" So as you can see, these officers did their job. But it was unfortunate that the guns were stolen...well actually it didn't get stolen, but since everyone from CAPO to ICT, had something slanderous to say about the Bangkok Shutdown, I was pressured to come up with something cleaver. So again, if anyone gets shot, it is more than likely it came from the stolen gun. Even though we don't know which of the gun were stolen, I am sure that our forensic team will be able to trace the bullet back to one of the guns that were stolen. Also if you see police shooting the protester, it's because the protesters were using the stolen police gear and shooting their own friends. And if it's anything beyond any of this, it's the work of MIB. You know, these guys are hard to find. Even our top detectives in DSI can't even track them down. But they can sure freeze bank accounts. Well thank you everyone for attending this briefing. If you have any question between now and then about the shutdown, please feel free to contact the caretaker PM as she has been groomed to answer all your question via Skype. Have a good day and good luck to all! Sawdee Pee Mai.burp.gif

• Like 1

Why would he be upset at the criticism. He just needs to work on fixing it. Did he forget that he is working for the public?

Oh well Thai style never admit to any wrongdoing or problem, its a face losing sensoria

Have run a business in Texas I'd say that denial is a common trait of employees there too.

This comes to mind concerning the general standards and ethics of police work in Thailand.and its effect upon the public at large

Edited by siampolee