Lethal Phuket tour bus crash prompts B10mn budget to fix road

Lite Beer

^

Go and look at the road yourself, it's practically glass. it needs resurfacing and concrete is a far better surface for these conditions. There's a reason airports don't use asphalt on runways. While I certainly agree that yes, most Thai drivers are pretty bad, there seems to be some mitigating circumstances here and this explanation is more than plausible.

My suggestion; Spend half the amount resurfacing with concrete. though probably no one's brother has the equipment to do it on such a large scale, lack of available fund skimming might be a hindrance.

Go and look at the road yourself,

I travelled that road at least twice a day for years and years mate...nothing at all to do with these bus crashes..sorry but your ''explanation'' is not plausible at all..

Off topic , but you mention it ..ie There's a reason airports don't use asphalt on runways'

Sorry but you are not correct here..Concrete or asphalt are used depending on circumstances at the airport/country , but you will probably find more asphalt than concrete runways worldwide.wai.gif

^

Go and look at the road yourself, it's practically glass. it needs resurfacing and concrete is a far better surface for these conditions. There's a reason airports don't use asphalt on runways. While I certainly agree that yes, most Thai drivers are pretty bad, there seems to be some mitigating circumstances here and this explanation is more than plausible.

My suggestion; Spend half the amount resurfacing with concrete. though probably no one's brother has the equipment to do it on such a large scale, lack of available fund skimming might be a hindrance.

I travelled that road at least twice a day for years and years mate...nothing at all to do with these bus crashes..sorry but your ''explanation'' is not plausible at all..

Off topic , but you mention it ..ie There's a reason airports don't use asphalt on runways'

Sorry but you are not correct here..Concrete or asphalt are used depending on circumstances at the airport/country , but you will probably find more asphalt than concrete runways worldwide.wai.gif

Sure- countries with limited resources use asphalt- it's cheaper to lay. Drag strips also use concrete- it has more bite.

I have no doubt you don't have problems on this road, you probably are a good driver in a well maintained, relatively light car with good tires traveling at a sane rate of speed.

Accidents are almost always for several reasons, crappy road surface is one in these instances.

^

Have to agree with andreandre as I too have travelled that road almost daily for seven years and there's nothing wrong with the surface.

The problem lies with poorly maintained vehicles, lack of driver experience and poor/non-existent driving skills. After all "TIT".

• Like 1

^

Heres further evidence of the use of asphalt runways. Ok, this publication is from a trade org and its a few years old but it does confirm the usage of asphalt runways

http://www.eapa.org/usr_img/position_paper/airfield.pdf

• Like 1