Desirable Men

gisele

after reading some posters on another thread about age and relationships explaining why women are preconditionned as to who we choose as a mate, either thinking with our wallets or our eggs :o

What do women actually desire, what is the "type", since apparently according to some "study" we do not desire McDonald's employees.

When it comes to finding a true partner in life, money and looks can't be what bonds two people together for life.

Looks are fleeting, money doesn't buy love. I think people are generally not superficial,

Looks are nice of course,

so what man does it for you, who is sexy, who is the Godiva of eye candy for you?

Johnny Depp wins my vote

(Apart from my husband of course, :D )

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll try one shot at this, if I may. I'd like to see how far I'm off the mark.... :D

Someone with reasonable looks. Someone who can allow, and even guide, you to grow and be the most you wish to be. Someone who is secure enough not to feel threatened by your success when it comes.

Someone who can handle your bad moods without cracking or turning it into a relationship crises. Bring some sparkle to the relationship. Be stable without being perfect. Sensitive without being effeminate or weak. Not too predictable.

Mmmm, a knight in shining armour....

Education helps.

Maybe I should just go back to me one-liners in the pub.... :o

This is the same for women as it is for men. People will be as superfical as their culture tells them to be and then you add in their own personnal desires, and of course everybody has different tastes. I remember when Rubin Studders (sp?) won Amereican Idol. Many women said he was good looking. Then again, I was sitting in class one day while two ladies talked and one had just met a really "great". Why was he great? Well, he was what she looked for phyically. Beyond that she knew nothing of him and spoke of him as if she went shoe shopping and some great deal. Go figure. :o

Sadly Gisele, the old "we are all animals & follow instinct" argument will still be trotted out in years to come by men who I figure put out signals for the type of women who meets that stereotype, so therefore assume all women are after a big wallet or need a rescuer. If that is what they like in a women then all well & good but fortunatly there are enough of us around to not need anyones alpha male sperm or money.

I could commission any study in any subject & play with the findings till they met what I wanted to proove, so when anyone uses a study to make a point I generally ignore it. :D

What makes the perfect man for me, well, money isn't even a factor, I like to work & make my own money & make quite a lot of it too :o looks play a small part but once the inital get to know you period wears off you don't even notice what they look like half the time, decency, values, morals, passion, all of these things are attractive to me, what clothes he wears is also unimportant but I prefer casual and personally find men in suits a big turn off so a MCD'd uniform wouldn't be a problem for me but then I am smart enough to differentiate between the man & his job :D

Once again science comes to our rescue.

post-22374-1147975286_thumb.jpg

Barely gave it a glance. I bet a man made that one up :o

Yeah, a man on Thaivisa. A pie chart with no sample size and no source reference. Probably the same source as the very scientific pre-programmed genetics argument - the pub and the animal kingdom channel.

I also love how the majority of posters on this thread are men, on THEIR idea of desirable men.

Thanks boys, but I do think we can figure it out from here, and don't need to be "guided" to the answer :o

I also love how the majority of posters on this thread are men, on THEIR idea of desirable men.

Thanks boys, but I do think we can figure it out from here, and don't need to be "guided" to the answer :D

Hey, I didn't say anything. I don't even give advice to my wife. My grandfather told me don't offer anything unless she asks, then agree with her. :o

Sorry Brit, I wasn't directly referring to you. But don't you think it's kind of funny that a thread about desirable men gets overrun with posts from straight men?

Sorry Brit, I wasn't directly referring to you. But don't you think it's kind of funny that a thread about desirable men gets overrun with posts from straight men?

There are more of us here. Thaivisa in genernal has very few women. :o

It's just numbers, eh?

Thanks boys, but I do think we can figure it out from here, and don't need to be "guided" to the answer :D

Hey, I didn't say anything. I don't even give advice to my wife. My grandfather told me don't offer anything unless she asks, then agree with her. :o

:D Your grandfather was a smart man. Nah, the most desirable thing in a man is someone who is secure and grounded enough to be himself, but can hold his ground without having to resort to belittling or beating down someone to gain the upperhand. That, and a certain look in his eyes, a nice mouth, and good strong hands.

I know its frustrating when knobs post rubbish. I'm waiting for flint to show up and spout his wild kingdom theories. :o

It's just numbers, eh?

Actually, it's not just numbers TB. I actually don't mind the male posters, but it is something that is not just numbers. And I think most of the other female posters will know exactly what I'm talking about.

I know its frustrating when knobs post rubbish. I'm waiting for flint to show up and spout his wild kingdom theories. :o

Yeah, but I'm always glad to see you around Brit. And it is a forum, so it involves everyone's rubbish. But, at least we can dissect it and comment on it :D

erm... Let´s see,... I think I can make myself available between 7 and 9 next tuesday.... And after that I pencil you in as often as I can, darling, I promise..-.

Don´t Tie Me Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kayo

It's just numbers, eh?

Actually, it's not just numbers TB. I actually don't mind the male posters, but it is something that is not just numbers. And I think most of the other female posters will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Kat,

thank you,

you are saying exactly what I wanted to prove by starting this thread.

I wondered, how long it would take for some posters to try to destroy the fun spirit of it as so often happens with other topics.

I asked what is a desirable man, a topic women would have fun with on a girl's night out, an afternoon shopping.

it's not a question of numbers, how few or how many women are TV members , the point is that the Ladies forum is a nice vehicle for women to vent, share, giggle, or ask for advice from like minded people who understand what they are going through, a woman's point of view rather than a man's idea of what a woman should think, act or behave.

however, this is not what happens.

Kat,

thank you,

you are saying exactly what I wanted to prove by starting this thread.

I wondered, how long it would take for some posters to try to destroy the fun spirit of it as so often happens with other topics.

I asked what is a desirable man, a topic women would have fun with on a girl's night out, an afternoon shopping.

it's not a question of numbers, how few or how many women are TV members , the point is that the Ladies forum is a nice vehicle for women to vent, share, giggle, or ask for advice from like minded people who understand what they are going through, a woman's point of view rather than a man's idea of what a woman should think, act or behave.

however, this is not what happens.

Yes, I think quite a few ladies here would find the silent type quite desirable :o