Desirable Men

gisele

I seldom venture into the ladies' forum. I think in all the time I've been around TV this is about the 3rd thread I've posted in.

I try and be non-chauvinistic and respectful, keeping in mind that although it's not exclusively for ladies, as evidenced by a few men regularly posting in here, it is a forum which should not be overrun and dominated by males.

The first thread I posted in, I eventually left because the response, especially from some of the apparently favourite males was such that if I stayed it would have gotten a bit contentious. After a long time, I made a light-hearted and friendly post yesterday in another thread, to which a sarcastic and extremely predictable reply was promptly posted by, again an apparently favored male. I didn't reply, even though it was a pretty brainless response.

This forum appears to suffer a bit from 'inbreeding' I'd say. Trying to be diplomatic here.

Adios :o

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, ol red eyes, you are welcome to your opinion and you must remember one thing, your posts in other areas of the forum follow you here as well. So, although you may have posted something light hearted this time perhaps it was karmic bounce on something you have posted before :o

That said, this forum doesn't really suffer from inbreeding but rather an overabundance of overopinionated men who can't let a topic go by without having to put their two cents worth in.

I seldom venture into the ladies' forum. I think in all the time I've been around TV this is about the 3rd thread I've posted in.

I try and be non-chauvinistic and respectful, keeping in mind that although it's not exclusively for ladies, as evidenced by a few men regularly posting in here, it is a forum which should not be overrun and dominated by males.

The first thread I posted in, I eventually left because the response, especially from some of the apparently favourite males was such that if I stayed it would have gotten a bit contentious. After a long time, I made a light-hearted and friendly post yesterday in another thread, to which a sarcastic and extremely predictable reply was promptly posted by, again an apparently favored male. I didn't reply, even though it was a pretty brainless response.

This forum appears to suffer a bit from 'inbreeding' I'd say. Trying to be diplomatic here.

Adios :o

Yeah, but I have to agree, you are always respectful red eyes. You are actually one of my favorite male posters. I never mind your posts, but I hope you understand that of course implicit meanings or perceived sexism will be commented on. It's a forum, after all. You don't have to go away if you are sincerely contributing to a discussion - but, it will be discussed from a distinctly female point of view.

Edited by kat

BUT Anyway.

If I have to recall (it helps to look at the topic at the top of the page) this thread was actually about desirable men.

Now, unless you guys are gay, please refrain from posting what you think is a desirable guy, or a desirable woman since that isn't really the topic at hand, thanks.

So, I have to ask, is the question: What makes a desirable guy or is it what do I desire in a guy?

If its what makes a desirable guy, well, sexy, funny, sweet, good looking and clean are all desirable traits.

However, if I were looking for a guy I wouldn't restrict myself solely to these attributes. I think all women are willing to admit that eye candy is nice to look at but I wouldn't necessarily want to commit to it :o

:o You can go get a room. I'm going to get a tuna fish sandwich, because it's lunch time. (just teasing :D )

hmmm .... back on topic: did I also mention that the ability to listen and make someone really feel heard is also highly desirable?

ok, back to lunch for me.

ciao.

In keeping with the recent push to have ladies take back the Ladies Forum (and we know we're a minority on TV -- but surely we are enough to rate just ONE of the dozens of forums?!) I'll post...

I think the question was more of examples of desirable guys as there was already a recent thread on traits we look for. Also, to me there is a difference between what one looks for in a man (many of which are traits that it isn't possible to determine without knowing the person well) and examples of men one finds attractive, which of course will be based on the image projected...many times have I found a man desirable at first only to lose all interest as I got to know him better.

So for what it's worth -- and we all know this is a hihly individualistic kind of thing -- my number one vote goes to Keanu Reeves. Not only because I am a mega-fan of the Matrix trilogy and LOVED his character in it (including his relationship to Trinity) but how he comes across in general.

My (unofficially) adopted daughter always teases me about how I can endless watch any of his films, except maybe the very earliest (he was SO young back then, a bit too young). Coz she knows it's not the film that has me trabnsfixed, it's him. sigh...

BUT Anyway.

If I have to recall (it helps to look at the topic at the top of the page) this thread was actually about desirable men.

Now, unless you guys are gay, please refrain from posting what you think is a desirable guy, or a desirable woman since that isn't really the topic at hand, thanks.

Can we ask questions? Please, I am not trying to be a smarta$$. If the ladies would like the men to bugger off I will. I am curious to hear replies though and asking perhaps why or who would be fun.

So, I have to ask, is the question: What makes a desirable guy or is it what do I desire in a guy?

If its what makes a desirable guy, well, sexy, funny, sweet, good looking and clean are all desirable traits.

However, if I were looking for a guy I wouldn't restrict myself solely to these attributes. I think all women are willing to admit that eye candy is nice to look at but I wouldn't necessarily want to commit to it :o

I'm with you on the Keanu thing, I also have a thing for John Cuzak (sp!) :o

Yes, definately agree on both counts.

even John's early movies were great, remember "the sure thing"?

Have you seen Gross Point Blank, soooo sexy. Don't even get me started on Keanu, I have had a major crush since he appeared in the Paula Abdul video when I was 12. How's about that for faithful :o My hubby thinks it's really funny that when a Keanu film comes on he has to stop talking to me :D

Have you seen Gross Point Blank, soooo sexy. Don't even get me started on Keanu, I have had a major crush since he appeared in the Paula Abdul video when I was 12. How's about that for faithful :o My hubby thinks it's really funny that when a Keanu film comes on he has to stop talking to me :D

He was in an Abdul video? I didn't know that. Which one?

Did you still think him cute in Bill and Ted? I had a friend say she hated that movie for what it did to him.

Edited by thaibebop

I think it was Rush, filmed at the hollywood observatory Rush? Funny I used to have a crush on Abdul and watched her videos a lot, never saw Reeves though. Small world eh? :o Even with his lemon films like "a walk in clouds & bill & ted " I don't care :D

Aw, I thought Bill & Ted was a good movie. :D

What was the surfing movie he was in with the other cutie - Patrick Swayze and a cameo appearance of the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Swoon again.

Perhaps we should have a Keanu Appreciation Thread?!!

What was the surfing movie he was in with the other cutie - Patrick Swayze and a cameo appearance of the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Swoon again.

Perhaps we should have a Keanu Appreciation Thread?!!

That was Point Blank, I think. Okay, I checked Point Break is the name.

Edited by thaibebop

Yes, that's it - I just looked through my DVDs and found it. Must watch it again..

By the way, if i was 12 years old again I would have a few posters of Keanu up in my bedroom, as it was in my younger days it was David Cassidy!! (who is still cute nowadays)!!!

Thaibebop,

i'm not too sure what sex you are (as i don't care) but if you are a male and straight, please read below.

/snip Now, unless you guys are gay, please refrain from posting what you think is a desirable guy /snip

And Udon did give a sound advice for male members to stay away from this forum in which I think would be fair for all guys to do so.

Just let the ladies have their talk in here, leave them alone.

Thanks

Explorer :o

Thaibebop,

i'm not too sure what sex you are (as i don't care) but if you are a male and straight, please read below.

/snip Now, unless you guys are gay, please refrain from posting what you think is a desirable guy /snip

And Udon did give a sound advice for male members to stay away from this forum in which I think would be fair for all guys to do so.

Just let the ladies have their talk in here, leave them alone.

Thanks

Explorer :o

Please forgive me, I was merely asking the ladies opinion. I shall bother you no more.

Back to Keanu - How the hel_l could Diane Keaton have stood him up in favour for the fossil - Jack Nicholson in that other movie I can't remember the name of?!!

OK, we've established the name of MY most desirabe man.

Another one is Olivier Martinez (Fiancé of Kylie), also the new James Bond is not too bad either...

If I may clarify;

As always, anyone is welcome to post but the idea is to keep the topic on track, so listing your desirable men would be for women or gay men, asking opinions about other men is also keeping things on track as thaibebop was doing. Hijacking would be to tell us your desirable women, we don't need to know & there is farang pub to post that (& I think it has already been done).

Boo

Back to Keanu - How the hel_l could Diane Keaton have stood him up in favour for the fossil - Jack Nicholson in that other movie I can't remember the name of?!!

OK, we've established the name of MY most desirabe man.

Another one is Olivier Martinez (Fiancé of Kylie), also the new James Bond is not too bad either...

I think it is called "Something's gotta give", not sure though

but I agree, MY GOD, she chose Jack over Keanu, what was she thinking :D

Have you ever seen " Le Huissard sur le toit" aka The Horseman on the Roof, that was the first time I saw Olivier, he is indeed lovely

very clear why Diane Lane would choose to be Unfaithful, :o

... actually Unfaithful actually put me off Olivier Martinez a bit - he's just not as cute in English.

I'll second (or third or fourth :D ) the Keanu thing, though. He may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but he is dam n fine. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he inspired the memorable headline "Young, dumb and full of come".

John Cusack's eyes are lovely.

Current crush is Gael Garcia Bernal. Also quite like Zidane (footballer).

Interesting how no one (yet) thinks any blonde men are desirable... IMO Brad Pitt is :o

Agree, brad pitt just isn't my cup of tea. I do think Hugh Jackman is lovely & he's a bit blond & as always, older man crush has to be Clint Eastwood who is also fair.

Sad but true, I find Jack Black (school of rock, king kong) strangly appealing. there is something about funny men :o

The new James Bond is blond, isn't he?

Forgot about George Clooney... those eyes...

Ladies, you are making what would be a boring day for me into a swoonfest a la teenager!!

Sorry forgot about ROBBIE WILLIAMS (how could I?)

Edited by Patsycat