Fearing unrest Kuwaitis urged to leave Thailand

webfact

Fearing Unrest Kuwaitis Urged To Leave Thailand
Hotlines Set For Emergencies

KUWAIT CITY, Jan 9, (Agencies): The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed the installation of emergency lines that operate 24 hours a day for citizens facing problems abroad or inside the country, reports Al-Seyassah daily quoting sources. Sources explained the emergency lines are for those who face difficulties in communicating with the Kuwaiti embassies abroad, and with the ministry after official working hours or during holidays. Sources said the emergency lines are 98007999 and 98007888. All Kuwaiti nationals currently in Thailand should leave the country immediately prior to Jan 13 which will witness the protest rally dubbed as (Bangkok closure) day, Kuwait’s Ambassador to Thailand Abdullah Al-Sharhan. He added in remarks to KUNA that all Kuwaitis willing to travel to Thailand should cancel their planned trips, due to the political unrest and the instable security situation in Thailand.

The diplomat affirmed the well-being of Kuwaitis receiving medical treatment at local Thai hospitals, pointing out that the embassy has set a comprehensive plan to deal with any emergency case of evacuating Kuwaitis from the country. Al-Sharhan asked all Kuwaitis currently in Thailand to provide the embassy with their personal information by calling its hotlines at (+66918909998) and (+6626366600). The anti-government movement leader Suthep Thaugsuban has earlier called on his supporters to organize a massive rally on January 13th to completely paralyze traffic in the capital to reach the so called (Bangkok closure) day. The opposition is calling on Thai citizens to boycott the public elections scheduled for Feb 2.

Meanwhile, UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs also called on UAE citizens not to travel to the Kingdom of Thailand, due to the tense political situation in the country, unless in extreme necessary cases. According to a statement from the ministry’s Undersecretary Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Butti Al- Hamed, the warning comes out of the ministry’s keenness on the safety of UAE nationals abroad. The statement added that “the Ministry is closely following the developments in Thailand and has assigned, in coordination with the UAE Embassy in the country an operation room that works around the clock in order to follow the citizens’ conditions

Source: http://www.arabtimesonline.com/NewsDetails/tabid/96/smid/414/ArticleID/202779/reftab/36/t/Fearing-unrest-Kuwaitis-urged-to-leave-Thailand/Default.aspx

-- ARAB TIMES 2014-01-10

They just figured out that Pattaya is not safe.whistling.gif

Ah, Pattaya is safe...on the first floors of the hotels, anyway. I wonder if the Kuwaitis fear a racial profiling of mid-eastern people from the Thais...something to consider.

Who knows? TIT. We might wake up Tuesday morning and read all our visas have been revoked. Anything can happen here. It's a bit like Wonderland, with more attractive characters.

After all, previously, satellite parts fell in the same spot, twice; taxi drivers hang a dozen amulets from their mirrors and then never use the mirrors except to watch their clients; protestors are taught chants to drive off confrontations; TV posters declare their favorite side should have absolute power; an entire advanced transportation system is shut down because taxi drivers use illegal radios imported from China; the current PM has the word 'luck' in her name; and, most amazingly, most of this took place in about one month (!)... the rest is continuous.

I love this place. I really do. Thai people and Thai culture are like Thai food...you might not like it, but it is never boring.

They even bring out Thainess in the farang.

biggrin.png

I agree. Having spent more time in Kuwait City than any person deserves in one lifetime. I know what they are missing and going back to. The driving is the only similarity....10 times worse than Thailand because of the speed

Edited by Prbkk
  • Like 1

I can't belive all of this, Maybe i am incorrect but to me Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world. I have been here many years and gone through all of this before.

While I tend to agree with you and I have also been through a bunch of these things, many people think that something bigger is coming that has been simmering for many years. I hope not, but it is certainly not impossible.

• Like 2

I can't belive all of this, Maybe i am incorrect but to me Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world. I have been here many years and gone through all of this before.

While I tend to agree with you and I have also been through a bunch of these things, many people think that something bigger is coming that has been simmering for many years. I hope not, but it is certainly not impossible.

When push comes to shove the feckless politicians will be sent home from their kindergarten and the army will take over until order is restored again.

Plus ca change.

• Like 1

wiesner, on 10 Jan 2014 - 19:14, said:wiesner, on 10 Jan 2014 - 19:14, said:

all the middle easterners should go home from every country would make a better world

And if you and your stupid remarks would disappear from this world it would definitely be a better place to live!

There is nothing stupid about that remark.

• Like 1

I can't belive all of this, Maybe i am incorrect but to me Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world. I have been here many years and gone through all of this before. Why would anyone want to leave, just use your brain and all will be ok. If my gov told us to leave i would not be listening to them. But on that note i hope everyone takes care of themselfs in the next few days / week or however long this will last again.

If your government tells you to leave and you don't make use of the first opportunity to present itself, any travel insurance becomes invalid. Although based in Thailand we travel a lot in the region, Europe and South Pacific so take out annual travel policies which will medivac us back home if required; We have sufficient funds to cover any non-emergency for long enough for us to go back home under our own steam.

I know we're not alone in choosing travel insurance rather than taking out health insurance in Thailand. We certainly wouldn't risk invalidating it, so would be left with only one option if my government did.

wiesner, on 10 Jan 2014 - 19:14, said:wiesner, on 10 Jan 2014 - 19:14, said:

all the middle easterners should go home from every country would make a better world

And if you and your stupid remarks would disappear from this world it would definitely be a better place to live!

There is nothing stupid about that remark.

Please can we put a halt to the racism, which is now appearing more frequently on Thai Visa?

We have a very diverse range of nationalities posting on this forum and none of them should feel persecuted.

There is no place for this bigotry on Thai Visa.

Play the rules or go, we won’t miss you.

• Like 2