Farmers' plight forgotten amid political maelstrom: Thai opinion

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live on a rice farm, my neighbours are farmers; they have a great deal more knowledge about their country than any post I've seen here.

That is interesting, and what are their opinions on the Rice Scheme? It's not about spending the money, the things that gets most people upset is that the money may not be going to the intended receivers, the farmer. Instead, it's going into the corrupt politician hands. Does anyone get this grief about the rice scheme. I don't think any one in any democratic nation are not willing to help those who needs help. But we must conduct ourselves in a responsible and ethical manner. Does it mean, if you help an old lady across the street, you are given the permission to steal from her once you get to the other side?

I like your post and you are correct we all should conduct ourselves in a responsible and ethical manner, that is how I was raised and try to adhere to.

Possilbly the precepts of Buddha a good road to follow for anyone without direction.

I feel empathy for the farmers, and at the present time, for most of the country in turmoil.

The corruption in Thailand is endemic, I cannot see it changing, it makes me sick.

No protests here in Isaan, Kalasin, I do not know if the farmers here were part of the pledging scheme.

Lot of drinking going on though.

Not far from you. It's the same here. Like nothing's up at all. No change.