Parents urged to ensure kids are safe at all times

webfact

It would have been fairly simple to make a kid wear a hat to climb on a tank, wouldn't it?.... after all, the professionals do it..

I guess it instils a kind of respect for heights... speed.... danger...weaponry....routine and regiment like RESPECT?

-mel.

Kids in Thailand.

Most riding motorbike from the age 5.

Most never wear crash helmet. They will use mobile phone while driving. I see a crash and the young school girl was texting at the time of driving M'bike and It looked like she could lose her leg. Not funny.

None of them worry about accident with other car (who's going to pay?)

Parents irresponsible for buying and let them use M'bikes. I get really pissed off when its farang buying motorbike for kids.

I also never see kids use the seat belts when in cars.

I suppose its so easy to make new kids.

Everyone wears a seat belt in our car me, kids, mum. The doesn't move otherwise.

Excellent , please stress this fact to everybody you know. Sometimes all it takes is a little nudge in the right direction.

HAHAHA just go near any grade school in Thailand and you will see underage kids riding 4 on a bike and all with no helmets. Also the police are there guiding traffic, and do their job, which is absolutely nothing. ( there is no way to line their pocket with children lunch money )

I see lots of kids in high end cars with no seat belts or infant seats.

looks like having wealth is no indication of common sense

No, knowledge evolves from open communication and education. Thailand for whatever reason has been kept in the dark and is behind the times when it comes to issues that most responsible Expats take for granted. I have faith though, " because the times, they are a changing".

Edited by choff56
  • Like 2

HAHAHA just go near any grade school in Thailand and you will see underage kids riding 4 on a bike and all with no helmets. Also the police are there guiding traffic, and do their job, which is absolutely nothing. ( there is no way to line their pocket with children lunch money )

But if there was a way for the Thai police to liberate child lunch money, they would do it in a heartbeat.

I often wonder when I see drivers (including professional taxi drivers) and front seat passengers who put on their seatbelts when approaching a potential police trap, then taking it off again when the danger is passed. They can do this 3 or 4 times in a short journey. Isn't it taking more effort and thought to do this rather than just put the belt on and leave it?

It reminds me of the smokers back home who stand in the wind and rain in the shop doorway trying to keep their cigarettes lit . So much effort for so little gain...

I often wonder when I see drivers (including professional taxi drivers) and front seat passengers who put on their seatbelts when approaching a potential police trap, then taking it off again when the danger is passed. They can do this 3 or 4 times in a short journey. Isn't it taking more effort and thought to do this rather than just put the belt on and leave it?

It reminds me of the smokers back home who stand in the wind and rain in the shop doorway trying to keep their cigarettes lit . So much effort for so little gain...

You have to under-sa-tand the Thai- psyche!

They don't put on the seatbelt, because the driver is excellent...by definition!

If his passengers put on the seatbelt, they signal that they think, he might have an accident...something that will of course never happen, because he is a formidable driver.

If he himself would put on the seatbelt...you get the idea!

The police might not be aware of his excellent driving...and they might be in need for some money...so...better to "play along"...