Nice big swimming pool we can use somewhere at Jomtien?

mattk1

Hi guys,

We are currently staying at a resort but the pool is quite small and there are no umbrellas or deck chairs.

We took a trip to the beach yesterday and it was nice but our 18 month old son was scared of the sea.

Is there any nice hotel pool we could pay to use for the day, ideally a pool that has a shallow section for the baby?

We have a car so getting anywhere is easy but if we had a a place to aim for that would be better.

Thanks guys :-)

I can recommend Villa Thongbura which has a gorgeous swimming pool. Cost is 100 Baht/day for adults, I'm not sure how much for children. The main entrance is on Thepprasit Soi 17, about halfway along it opposite the car wash, but you can also get into the hotel if you cut through the Jomtien Pacific village at the back of the Machanu/Hanuman statue on Thappraya Road.

• Like 1

You could try Silver Sands on Jomtien Beach Road. Cost is 50 baht per person.

At the Euro badminton club just off Soi Chaiyapruk is a big swimming pool with a childs pool. After 4 pm it is in the shade.I think 50 baht.

Other side of Sukhumwit.

• Like 1

Cheers for the suggestions guys!

We ended up at the Villa Thongbura swimming pool which was excellent! We may even head back there again tomorrow :-)

Thanks again for the tips!

I'm glad you liked it. When I used to go there I was surprised that the drinks at the pool are so cheap, even though the hotel itself is rather up-market. I think a bottle of Singha was 60 Baht or thereabouts. Is that still the same?

• Like 1

Cheers for the suggestions guys!

We ended up at the Villa Thongbura swimming pool which was excellent! We may even head back there again tomorrow :-)

Thanks again for the tips!

I'm glad you liked it. When I used to go there I was surprised that the drinks at the pool are so cheap, even though the hotel itself is rather up-market. I think a bottle of Singha was 60 Baht or thereabouts. Is that still the same?

It really is a lovely pool and is ideal for smaller kids (i.e. toddlers). The drinks prices were very reasonable, I'm not sure of individual prices but the first round I bought which consisted of 2 small Singha's and 2 Spy's came to 360 Baht. Can't really complain at that price biggrin.png

Cheers again Guderian thumbsup.gif

I walk past Pattaya Park often, never seems that busy, perfect for kids, admission is B100 I think I saw

i guess you talk about the park close to jomtiem beach. So better to avoid it, its a death trap for children, some might know what i am

talking about. And its really filthy, the deck chair were covered with bird shit!