Fractional Rerserve bank lending 101

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please. let's not be obtuse. You asked for suggestions and I provided the most logical choices to preserve your wealth when or if a currency crisis occurs. If you can't figure out that you need some Fiat in order to transact business on a day-to-day basis, then that's on you.

I have to buy an Italian car? w00t.gif

You sir are one that doesn't deserve anyone providing you the time of day. If you want to participate in discussions concerning monetary and currency trends, it does you little good when you prove just how ignorant or flippant you really are.

Loptr out. You clowns can have this thread.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I know it belongs here but I think this should have been left in general, cause people who dont understand money need to be warned. interest rates cant stay at historical lows for much longer. Especially with china and the US butting heads all the times... and when bkk shut downs occurer, u will see banking holidays , these problems will be obvious then...

Your issue, sir, is that you start your OP as if it is written to children who know nothing. It is haughty, arrogant and insulting.

I was a banker including an auditor for the first 10 years of my career and I have mentioned fractional reserve banking on here before. So have others.

I find your OP very condescending. I also find some errors in your "facts."

And you expect to get respect?

I hope you get lost for good.

• Like 1

Well said, gold and silver are money, numbers on a piece of paper or in a computer are currency, end of. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

please tell us when was the last time you used gold or silver to pay

-for a good meal in a restaurant,

-for meat and vegetables in a supermarket,

-for an airline ticket,

-for your Honda Click-Clack-Clock,

-the bar fine for a working lady,

-your electricity or water bill???

whistling.gif

• Like 2

I know it belongs here but I think this should have been left in general, cause people who dont understand money need to be warned. interest rates cant stay at historical lows for much longer. Especially with china and the US butting heads all the times... and when bkk shut downs occurer, u will see banking holidays , these problems will be obvious then...

Your issue, sir, is that you start your OP as if it is written to children who know nothing. It is haughty, arrogant and insulting.

I was a banker including an auditor for the first 10 years of my career and I have mentioned fractional reserve banking on here before. So have others.

NeverSure...

how dare you insult an economic eggsburt?!

post-35218-0-31483200-1389682735.jpg

You'll see, when FIAT currencies collapse after the hyper inflation is here, and you end up paying millions of baht for a loaf of bread, and gold is USD 5,000 + an oz. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

why only $5000+/ounce? i saw figures published by lurned eggsburts up to 68,000 Dollars/ounce.

will you let us know "when" that we can "see"?

To be fair, the OP posted in General, and the moderators foolishly moved it to this forum, based on the material in question, rather than the Pub, where the OP and the participants by that time might feel more at home.

SC

You'll see, when FIAT currencies collapse after the hyper inflation is here, and you end up paying millions of baht for a loaf of bread, and gold is USD 5,000 + an oz. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Not another FIAT car dealer?!!!

FIAT cars are actually better and more reliable than FIAT currency, which is why we should all be very worried, and have a broad portfolio of cash and physical assets. The whole thing is a scam! All people in the know are exchanging useless currency for physical gold and silver. Silver is an absolute bargain at the moment at 30 bucks an oz. china are importing gold at an alarming rate every year. The rich and powerful are buying gold like crazy, and keeping the price suppressed so that they can buy more gold as cheap as possible. NO fiat currency has ever survived in 5,000 years, ever. Gold and silver are money.

I don't know when, but it's not far off, and when that time comes, you won't be able to get any, even if you can afford it, nobody will sell you any.

As for the price, 5,000+ minimum, and it's not the price of gold going up, it's actually the price of the fiat currencies going down, until gold does an accounting of all fiat currencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Anyone interested, research 'the hidden secrets of money' by Mike Maloney on YouTube. He explains it brilliantly (much better than me). You can also look up Max Keiser, Peter Schiff, Ron Paul, Gerald Celente to name but a few. I don't want all those rich elite b(w)ankers to get it all.

• Like 1

Anyone interested, research 'the hidden secrets of money' by Mike Maloney on YouTube. He explains it brilliantly (much better than me). You can also look up Max Keiser, Peter Schiff, Ron Paul, Gerald Celente to name but a few. I don't want all those rich elite b(w)ankers to get it all. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Fractional reserve banking is the greatest lie never told and should be in every school syllabus

FIAT cars are actually better and more reliable than FIAT currency, which is why we should all be very worried, and have a broad portfolio of cash and physical assets. The whole thing is a scam! All people in the know are exchanging useless currency for physical gold and silver. Silver is an absolute bargain at the moment at 30 bucks an oz. china are importing gold at an alarming rate every year. The rich and powerful are buying gold like crazy, and keeping the price suppressed so that they can buy more gold as cheap as possible. NO fiat currency has ever survived in 5,000 years, ever. Gold and silver are money. I don't know when, but it's not far off, and when that time comes, you won't be able to get any, even if you can afford it, nobody will sell you any. As for the price, 5,000+ minimum, and it's not the price of gold going up, it's actually the price of the fiat currencies going down, until gold does an accounting of all fiat currencies. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Please, please tell me that the suit I bought in 1893 will still cost me the same amount of gold now. Its worn well you know.

Anyone interested, research 'the hidden secrets of money' by Mike Maloney on YouTube. He explains it brilliantly (much better than me). You can also look up Max Keiser, Peter Schiff, Ron Paul, Gerald Celente to name but a few. I don't want all those rich elite b(w)ankers to get it all. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Fractional reserve banking is the greatest lie never told and should be in every school syllabus

One can always rely on the Fear Brigade having studied very little except the End of the World websites pumping old nostrums as if they are the holy grail.

They get sooooooo excited by the multiplier effect once they stumble upon it. They think its magic. Poor things.

One can always rely on the Fear Brigade having studied very little except the End of the World websites pumping old nostrums as if they are the holy grail.

They get sooooooo excited by the multiplier effect once they stumble upon it. They think its magic. Poor things.

"Some [Most] people think the Federal Reserve Banks are the United States government's institutions. They are not government institutions. They are private credit monopolies which prey upon the people of the United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign swindlers." --

Congressional Record 12595-12603 -- Louis T. McFadden, Chairman of the Committee on Banking and Currency (12 years) June 10, 1932

Edited by Asiantravel

"Some [Most] people think the Federal Reserve Banks are the United States government's institutions. They are not government institutions. They are private credit monopolies which prey upon the people of the United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign swindlers." --

Congressional Record 12595-12603 -- Louis T. McFadden, Chairman of the Committee on Banking and Currency (12 years) June 10, 1932

This would presumably be the same Louis T. McFadden favourably praised by the Nazi publication Der Stuermer. Some nice allies you have there.

To be fair, the OP posted in General, and the moderators foolishly moved it to this forum, based on the material in question, rather than the Pub, where the OP and the participants by that time might feel more at home.

SC

It really doesn't matter to me where he posted it. It is arrogant, even titled "101." It is as if he has found the big secret that no one else knows. Then when challenged, he is even more arrogant.

He mentions nothing about having a wide range of investments, or why. Peter Schiff is a used car PM's salesman who, had I listened to him when he first tried to sell me gold, I'd be down about 40% but his pockets would be lined with his my commissions.

The OP mentions nothing about buying hard assets that actually have an annual cash return. He seems stuck on PM's which, had I listened to that group with more than about 10% of my portfolio, I'd be toast.

The OP is 101, - a few marbles.

The nazi party and the west were allies in the 30's, Hitler was even on the cover the cover Time magazine and hailed as a hero by the US, and UK, so your argument doesn't hold water. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

But what I am commenting on here is that someone above approvingly quoted someone in the good books of the Nazi Party. And doing so in full knowledge of past history. And now you wish to continue providing a free pass. Have another go.

Edited by SheungWan

The nazi party and the west were allies in the 30's, Hitler was even on the cover the cover Time magazine and hailed as a hero by the US, and UK, so your argument doesn't hold water. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

But what I am commenting on here is that someone above approvingly quoted someone in the good books of the Nazi Party. And doing so in full knowledge of past history. And now you wish to continue providing a free pass. Have another go.

Are you saying that we should only quote people who's politics we agree with? Or people whose politics you agree with?

I think discussion of 1930s politics is a bit off-topic, and perhaps a deliberate attempt to derail the discussion - not a bad aim per se, but surely it could be done in a more constructive manner?

SC

FIAT cars are actually better and more reliable than FIAT currency, which is why we should all be very worried, and have a broad portfolio of cash and physical assets. The whole thing is a scam! All people in the know are exchanging useless currency for physical gold and silver. Silver is an absolute bargain at the moment at 30 bucks an oz. china are importing gold at an alarming rate every year. The rich and powerful are buying gold like crazy, and keeping the price suppressed so that they can buy more gold as cheap as possible. NO fiat currency has ever survived in 5,000 years, ever. Gold and silver are money. I don't know when, but it's not far off, and when that time comes, you won't be able to get any, even if you can afford it, nobody will sell you any. As for the price, 5,000+ minimum, and it's not the price of gold going up, it's actually the price of the fiat currencies going down, until gold does an accounting of all fiat currencies. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Silver is an absolute bargain at the moment at 30 bucks an oz.

being wrong by nearly 50% as far as an asset price is concerned you qualify for the award "proved to possess a wealth of no idea" laugh.png

china are importing gold at an alarming rate every year

that must be the reason why gold lost an alarming 28% during the last year whistling.gif

• Like 1

Are you saying that we should only quote people who's politics we agree with? Or people whose politics you agree with?

I think discussion of 1930s politics is a bit off-topic, and perhaps a deliberate attempt to derail the discussion - not a bad aim per se, but surely it could be done in a more constructive manner?

SC

It was someone else who approvingly threw in a quote from some Nazi policy sympathiser from the 1930s. Maybe they didn't expect to have pointed out to them the stink from the sh*t on their shoes. You must be rather naive if you don't realise that some of the conspiracy/gold bug theorists have an agenda to broadcast some of the old rubbish from the past. They daren't do it themselves so sling in some dog-whistle spokesman from the past. Re agreeing/disagreeing in principle with quotes you make a complete non sequitor of the issue and thoroughly miss the point.

SC

It was someone else who approvingly threw in a quote from some Nazi policy sympathiser from the 1930s. Maybe they didn't expect to have pointed out to them the stink from the sh*t on their shoes. You must be rather naive if you don't realise that some of the conspiracy/gold bug theorists have an agenda to broadcast some of the old rubbish from the past. They daren't do it themselves so sling in some dog-whistle spokesman from the past. Re agreeing/disagreeing in principle with quotes you make a complete non sequitor of the issue and thoroughly miss the point.

So you seek to disqualify the quote from a “ Nazi policy sympathiser from the 1930s “…….

So what about the former Ranking Member of the House Banking/Financial Services Committee, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations to oversee the Federal Reserve and U.S. monetary policy?

Specific reference to fractional reserve banking at 7.36 minutes into the video

Edited by Asiantravel

So you seek to disqualify the quote from a “ Nazi policy sympathiser from the 1930s “…….

So what about the former Ranking Member of the House Banking/Financial Services Committee, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations to oversee the Federal Reserve and U.S. monetary policy?

You miss the point yet again. It was an approving quote. Gawd, some people are extremely slow.

Re the video, that would be the Republican nutcase Ron Paul patron saint of the End of The World Buy Gold Now Team.

Edited by SheungWan

You miss the point yet again. It was an approving quote. Gawd, some people are extremely slow.

Re the video, that would be the Republican nutcase Ron Paul patron saint of the End of The World Buy Gold Now Team.

Is there anybody out there who meets your standards?

Nobody meets this persons standards. I thought Frank Doberman was a fictional character but NO, he lives!! There are many people who see a topic, google it and then spout off whatever comes up first. They don't research to see if those facts are correct or not, just quote what they have read.

Someone wrote 'silver has lost 28% of its value I'm 2013'. Yes, heard that exact quote in the MSM, but people who quote these things don't do any proper research, up to you. Keep trusting the establishment and you'll see.