Shutdown will be a flop, says Thaksin aide

webfact

...even many of Thai Visa followers would not like it.....but this man is right. There is no doubt about thet Y. will win again. He is acting in this time very clever.

To compare Suthep with Hitler however is a flop

Is this the look of a winner?

thaksin_2073149b_zps91a55bd5.jpg

Edited by Nickymaster

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...even many of Thai Visa followers would not like it.....but this man is right. There is no doubt about thet Y. will win again. He is acting in this time very clever.

To compare Suthep with Hitler however is a flop

Is this the look of a winner?

thaksin_2073149b_zps91a55bd5.jpg

But he has such trusting and honest eyes!! I cannot believe he could ever tell a lie or do anything dishonest!!

Has he in the past, just out of interest?

I just went for a walk to Asoke and there really isnt that many people, but then again its still only 11am, they still waking up cheesy.gif

I'm watching TV now. Seems to be some pretty big crowds.

Yeah, a lot of people don't understand how things work in Bkk or Thailand for that matter. It's not even noon yet. It's going to get big.

Has Suthep claimed 65 million at Asoke yet? It will come.

Meanwhile around most of Bangkok you'd not know it was happening. Seriously - just drove down Ekkamai and it's life as usual with a slightly lower traffic volume. Yingluck posters line the street and are un-defaced as they have been for a week. Suk71 is bustling and the shops are doing their usual business. If this is the first day of the grand shutdown it hasn't worked.

The aim is to shut down the government which you are at least 10km from so of course you see little effect. Turn on Blue Sky tv and see the crowds in more central areas i.e. the allotted rally sites....

Are you that simple? He is walking amongst a rally of his own supporters, surrounded by his own guards that keep outsiders away. I watch his addresses every night on BlueSky, with the commentary on so I am informed of what he is saying, and on average there have been less than 10,000 protesters in attendance. Even on his biggest day (the previous 'final stand' before this one) he had 100,000+ followers. This remains a small minority of Bangkok. The reds could muster similar numbers in Bangkok but have decided not to. Another thing is that most of his followers have been bused up from the south & are not from Bangkok.

Facts are facts.

"Another thing is that most of his followers have been bused up from the south & are not from Bangkok."

Facts are facts, and propaganda is propaganda.

• Like 2

Are you that simple? He is walking amongst a rally of his own supporters, surrounded by his own guards that keep outsiders away. I watch his addresses every night on BlueSky, with the commentary on so I am informed of what he is saying, and on average there have been less than 10,000 protesters in attendance. Even on his biggest day (the previous 'final stand' before this one) he had 100,000+ followers. This remains a small minority of Bangkok. The reds could muster similar numbers in Bangkok but have decided not to. Another thing is that most of his followers have been bused up from the south & are not from Bangkok.

Facts are facts.

"Another thing is that most of his followers have been bused up from the south & are not from Bangkok."

Facts are facts, and propaganda is propaganda.

Have you gone & asked them?

I have been watching every night, & the banners are all from the south, the donations are all coming from the south (as they read out the pledgers name & province), all of the guards that have been arrested for weapons & drugs (CAPO today) are from the south.

• Like 1

Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha wouldn't dare to do so. He has just nine months left for retirement.

Ahhh finally i get it! Now i understand why some people are in a hurry to over-throw this government....

Because if the next reshuffle dont appoint an "amart" army chief, so the next govt might have the full power...

Facts are facts.

I think you are lying and I even think you know it. I could proof you wrong but will only do so if you force me to.

You have a poor grasp of English & your post is void of substance.

There is a difference between "Suthep followers" and anti-government protesters. Furthermore your 'followers' has negative overtones you probably want to suggest. Just saying 'supporters' would be much more correct.

Also lots of anti-government protesters are Bangkok citizens.

So your 'facts' are simply 'assumptions' and a bit of 'opinion' mixed in.

Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha wouldn't dare to do so. He has just nine months left for retirement.

Ahhh finally i get it! Now i understand why some people are in a hurry to over-throw this government....

Because if the next reshuffle dont appoint an "amart" army chief, so the next govt might have the full power...

You mean trying to get rid of a government because it is mainly busy trying to whitewash a criminal fugitive is not sufficient reason?

• Like 1

You mean trying to get rid of a government because it is mainly busy trying to whitewash a criminal fugitive is not sufficient reason?

you make a typo...

You mean trying to get rid of a legitimately elected government with few southern thugs because it is mainly busy trying to whitewash a criminal fugitive is not sufficient reason?

• Like 1

Yeah, a lot of people don't understand how things work in Bkk or Thailand for that matter. It's not even noon yet. It's going to get big.

Meanwhile around most of Bangkok you'd not know it was happening. Seriously - just drove down Ekkamai and it's life as usual with a slightly lower traffic volume. Yingluck posters line the street and are un-defaced as they have been for a week. Suk71 is bustling and the shops are doing their usual business. If this is the first day of the grand shutdown it hasn't worked.

The aim is to shut down the government which you are at least 10km from so of course you see little effect. Turn on Blue Sky tv and see the crowds in more central areas i.e. the allotted rally sites....

The 'aim' clearly has not worked. And no, I'm not going to rely on Bluesky any more than I'm going to rely on Fox for fair and balanced US news. More open handed media are reporting and showing far smaller crowds than expected. There are several places where the the mob has simply given up and traffic is flowing, and this is only the first day of the 'shutdown'.

• Like 2

The 'aim' clearly has not worked. And no, I'm not going to rely on Bluesky any more than I'm going to rely on Fox for fair and balanced US news. More open handed media are reporting and showing far smaller crowds than expected. There are several places where the the mob has simply given up and traffic is flowing, and this is only the first day of the 'shutdown'.

'mob'? You mean anti-government protesters I assume?

As for blueSky, well, the reds also have there own channel, just as 'interesting' and reliable

• Like 1

You forgot to mention the thousands of people that lined the streets waiting to hand Suthep money........

I had a good laugh at this. According to the anti-democracy protesters Thaksin pays his supporters 500 baht to vote for him. Now we learn that Sutheps supporters are paying HIM for the privilege of supporting him. If this were true it would make the yellow shirts some of the dumbest people on earth. And then of course there's the issue of Mr Anti-Corruption Suthep collecting millions in 'donations' with no account of where that money goes.

Until last week I thought there was a serious risk of a coup, but after watching todays flop I no longer think a coup is possible. 99.9% of Thailand is going about its business as usual. It shows how blinkered the anti-democrats have become that they think a few road junctions in Bangkok is the same thing as the whole country of Thailand.

"Paying him for the privilege of supporting him".

Clever attempt at spin but totally incorrect. Please stick with the truth.

You forgot to mention the thousands of people that lined the streets waiting to hand Suthep money........

I had a good laugh at this. According to the anti-democracy protesters Thaksin pays his supporters 500 baht to vote for him. Now we learn that Sutheps supporters are paying HIM for the privilege of supporting him. If this were true it would make the yellow shirts some of the dumbest people on earth. And then of course there's the issue of Mr Anti-Corruption Suthep collecting millions in 'donations' with no account of where that money goes.

Until last week I thought there was a serious risk of a coup, but after watching todays flop I no longer think a coup is possible. 99.9% of Thailand is going about its business as usual. It shows how blinkered the anti-democrats have become that they think a few road junctions in Bangkok is the same thing as the whole country of Thailand.

You got that completely wrong, Spalpeen. The money people give is not for Suthep himself. This money is used to support (logistic) of the demonstration like food, water, sanitary etc.

And the people following the demonstrations against the Thaksin clique are not Yellow Shirts or PAD. Come on, get rid of your black and white scheme!

One can support the demonstrations to oust the Shinawatra clan and at the same time not be a fan of Suthep, that's possible and actually more than is likely what most demonstrators think. All those I know personally who participate, want to get rid of the corrupt Yingluck government by what means ever, but they are no fans of Suthep. That's one of the big differences between this demos and those by the Red Shirts: The Red Shirts were (are) blind followers without brain.

Uggfacepalm.gif again with the 'rice scheme. corruption' bs

It's a farm subsidy, ok? We have farm subsidies in the US, they have them in Europe, it may not be good policy but it's not a form of 'corruption'

It is not a subsidy, a subsidy would go directly to the farmers, this scam doesn't.

And it is so riddled with corruption that the farmers who were expecting more money are now getting no money.

Be gentle with him, he doesn't know the difference between a subsidy and a scam. However, as far as trying to convince anyone that the scam in Thailand is not a form of corruption, well I'm just dumbfounded.

If there is no corruption in the rice scam, where has the 800 billion baht gone that has been pumped into this fiasco since it started? It certainly isn't in the hands of the farmers...!!

Facts are facts.

I think you are lying and I even think you know it. I could proof you wrong but will only do so if you force me to.

You have a poor grasp of English & your post is void of substance.

There is a difference between "Suthep followers" and anti-government protesters. Furthermore your 'followers' has negative overtones you probably want to suggest. Just saying 'supporters' would be much more correct.

Also lots of anti-government protesters are Bangkok citizens.

So your 'facts' are simply 'assumptions' and a bit of 'opinion' mixed in.

Rich teacher, are you not capable of contributing to these forums without making personal attacks on posters?

In your two most recent posts you have accused someone of being "simple", of having a "poor grasp of English" and lacking in "substance".

Those who you are attacking with your superior attitude might well be forgiven for saying you are lacking in any sense of decorum or simple manners...!

If you really are a teacher, then I would hope that you don't have any opportunity to have any influence on my children.

• Like 2

I have been watching every night, & the banners are all from the south, the donations are all coming from the south (as they read out the pledgers name & province), all of the guards that have been arrested for weapons & drugs (CAPO today) are from the south.

All the guards ? there have been 2 and both under very dodgy circumstances.

The supposed guard who was caught with a gun was not at the protest site but at a bus stop somewhere.

I know someone personally who knows the guards who this man said he was part of and the real guards said they did not know him , never seen him before.

The gun was supposed to have been taken from a senior cop, would a senior cop be close enough to the front line have his gun stolen ?

The one supposed guard on drugs was in a group away from any rally site. the only drugs that have been seized at the rally site have been on a plain clothes cop who also had a gun, he was taken to a police station by the guards.

Another cop was also caught with a gun by the guards, again taken to a police station.

All from the south ? red eyes don't see well do they.

Go read about the rice farmers from Phichit, the groups from all over the north and north east who are joining in.

The donations collected on the walks all come from BKK people who would like to join but cant for various reasons.

• Like 1

All the guards ? there have been 2 and both under very dodgy circumstances.

The supposed guard who was caught with a gun was not at the protest site but at a bus stop somewhere.

I know someone personally who knows the guards who this man said he was part of and the real guards said they did not know him , never seen him before.

The gun was supposed to have been taken from a senior cop, would a senior cop be close enough to the front line have his gun stolen ?

The one supposed guard on drugs was in a group away from any rally site. the only drugs that have been seized at the rally site have been on a plain clothes cop who also had a gun, he was taken to a police station by the guards.

Another cop was also caught with a gun by the guards, again taken to a police station.

All from the south ? red eyes don't see well do they.

Go read about the rice farmers from Phichit, the groups from all over the north and north east who are joining in.

The donations collected on the walks all come from BKK people who would like to join but cant for various reasons.

I was referring to CAPO's press conference today, not those earlier incidents.

You got that completely wrong, Spalpeen. The money people give is not for Suthep himself. This money is used to support (logistic) of the demonstration like food, water, sanitary etc.

Yeeeeaaaahhhh..........Riiiiigggghhttt ! So rather than buy their own food, water and sanitary goods they give their money to Suthep so that he can buy them and then hand them out. That's credible, isn't it? It seems that when people give money to Thaksin it's 'corruption', but if they give cash to Suthep it's 'logistics'. And would that also apply to the big money people who are clearly backing him?

When will we see a public account of Sutheps cash flow? Maybe he needs the money to pay the 'protesters' 550 baht a day to turn up, as some people have reported. How about a bit more transparency from Mr Transparency. Is Suthep still a Thai citizen? Will he be reporting all this income and expenditure on his tax return? Is sedition tax deductible?

What do you think?

Edited by Spalpeen
  • Like 1

Can you please explain your inaccurate obsession with southerners? IYO are they some sort of 2nd class citizens because they don't follow your little tin god Thaksin?

Thaskin seems to think that Thailand still loves him, nothing could be further from the truth, this guy is either dumb or in denial , Thaskin you have completely wreaked Thailand as a friendly country with a caring population , now it is dog eat dog, something Burma couldn't do nor the Japanese, Thaskins aid is just a mouth piece for a man who at best was a megalomaniac, this aid needs to get a real job , as for the Shutdown being a flop , we will see. bah.gif

Take it you have not visited the North East recently and seen the posters of him around, think you will find still about 16 million like him enough to vote for him should he ever come back and he would be swept into power with as massive majority.

Go to Udon and try telling them that one.

• Like 1

These yellow shirts need to put down the umbrellas, put their iphones in their pockets, roll up their sleeves, put on hats if they're worried about getting sun on their dull pale skin, pick up a weapon and get aggressive if they want change!

Revolution won't happen standing around at intersections. Oh - and be ready to stick this out if you really want it because the red shirts aren't going anywhere. You can hold the city hostage to get what you want but the red shirts will burn the place down.

When the Constitutional court rules that an amendment is illegal-that is one thing, it can kill the amendment..but to then say that merely 'voting' for an amendment that makes the senate fully elected; is illegal--that is BOGUS by ANY international standard! A REAL democracy does not have 'appointed' senators INTHE FIRST PLACE!

It's easy to say whatever is unconstitutional--THEREFORE 308 MPs must be sacked!

Lets not forget the previous 'judicial coup' prior to this.. Somak goes on a cooking tv show and he is sacked for that.. When Obama went on the 'Tonight Show' what some big crime took place.. This 'Constitution court' and NACC were tools put into place after the coup, and THEY HAVE WAY TOO MUCH POWER, what is 'corrupt' are these bodies themselves when they subvert democracy for these yellow shirt facists.

Can you imagine in europe-308 MPs being sacked because they voted for an amendment to the charter-an amendment that makes the country more (not less) democratic!

Generally In a constitutional monarchy type democracy, if you want to change the constitution, you have to get a large majority to vote for the change, usually more than 2/3s it's the same in the US if you want to add amendments to the constitution, 27 amendments to the constitution have been made since it's inception .

in a democracy the constitution IS NOT written in stone, countries change them all the time.. It's only in Thailand that VOTING in the parliament has become an illegal act, totally absurd.

> Because this charter amendment like a few others they dreamt up is unconstitutional, that's why!!

In other words by supporting and voting for it they are part and party towards altering the constitution which is illegal.

The current constitution (which was accepted and approved of in a national referendum of the people) moved away from a fully elected second chamber so that it couldn't be stuffed with yes men and family members and friends whereby they can pass what they like without checks and balances.

Not only that, they wanted no restrictions on the length of terms of office!!

The really stupid thing is that they were warned precisely that it was illegal and they still went ahead with it because 'big boss' was so desperate to get his much cherished amnesty (which has gone forever now).

They cannot fathom common sense - please tell me why they want to proceed with an election that will count for nothing and waste a further 3.8 billion baht in the process!!

Edited by pkspeaker
  • Like 1

I have no side in this. Only the one that benefits Thailand. But what is interesting is most of the red shirt protesters were being paid to attend. I've got many relatives who where there back in 2010, and all were paid to attend.

The current protesters are donating money to help "the cause". IMHO, a huge difference. Peaceful civil disobedience is a right of a democratic country.

• Like 1