Thai Army chief calls urgent Top Five meeting‏

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's in this Top 5 officers? Anyone know? Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sgt Bilko is one I heard.

Good soldier Schweik is another.

I believe Colonel Klink belongs at that table as well.

General Akbar was quoted as warning the group, "It's a trap!"

No way the army stages a coup because of all they got blamed for in 2010. All sides have been privately warned what the limits are and what will happen if those limits are exceeded. The public will never know what happens during secret meetings and secure phone calls. And, in the outside chance that they do, you will get no warning such as a meeting that the press finds out about

<snip>

For some reason you used a word 'treason', in a topic about politics of Thailand. There is no such word in Thai dictionary. In any country of Western democracy, you would be correct using this term.

Oh, please. I'm no expert on the Thai language, but even I knew that one from watching some of the historical soap operas. Unfortunately I can't type Thai on this machine, and different nationalities represent sounds differently, but my preferred attempt at phonetics would be /gabot/, or maybe /gaboat/ or even /gabote/, in any case with a long 'o', rhymes with the English word "boat."

Surely not enough excuse yet to stage a coup.

Correct, no coup yet. Coups are always preceded by "birthday parties" (where the details are thrashed out) often in fancy dress.

I have to say that they do run very nice coups in Thailand. Probably the nicest coups anywhere in the world.

Has anyone made that "hub of coups" joke today?

For some reason you used a word 'treason', in a topic about politics of Thailand. There is no such word in Thai dictionary. In any country of Western democracy, you would be correct using this term.

Oh, please. I'm no expert on the Thai language, but even I knew that one from watching some of the historical soap operas. Unfortunately I can't type Thai on this machine, and different nationalities represent sounds differently, but my preferred attempt at phonetics would be /gabot/, or maybe /gaboat/ or even /gabote/, in any case with a long 'o', rhymes with the English word "boat."

No one is talking about Thai language, or a translation of some word.

In Thai politics and power struggle there is no such thing as treason.

Someone argued earlier that army pushing out current gov is treason. No, in Thai politics this is business as usual.

Maybe they are meeting to discuss the low turnout?

Define low ? Looks to me like they had at least a few times as many as the reds ever managed to muster in 2010, the crowd stretched from MBK down the road as far as the eye could see and that was just one site. Must have been at least 30,000 there alone....

And why should the army do a single thing to make life any easier for the Please Taksin party since it was him who paid people to shoot at them and try to kill them in 2010.....? And then they had the gaul to complain that their people were killed by the army. So the army doesn't want to interfere and give them reason to complain again. Now they complain the army doesn't help. As usual, hypocrisy of the highest order from the PT fools...

Add to this the threat against Prayuth's family and, well, you get the idea....

Edited by tingtongteesood

I absolutely agree with you - the judicial coup was started as a backup when the constitutional court was told how to rule and pass the case on to the NACC.

The NACC has realized that they can not get it all wrapped up to ban the 308 MP's in time for the February 2nd election so the EC asked for an extension to hold the elections in May. Enough time for the NACC to play their game.

Funny thing is why did the EC not simply give an extension to candidate registration at secret locations only known to candidates to avoid the venues being blocked by the demonstrators?

Oh yes they have to buy time for the courts and the NACC!!

How do you do candidate registrations in secret locations? Who gets to know where the locations are so they can register?

But it would avoid having the wrong type of chap, or political-parties, being allowed a chance to join the gravy train serve the public in office ? rolleyes.gif

More absolute &lt;deleted&gt;. If you had watched Bluesky you would have known by 9:30 a.m. that there were millions on the streets in Bangkok. By mid afternoon the numbers were swelled to prove you wrong, so wrong.

Yes there are many millions of people in bangkok.

At 9.30 every day many walk on streets. I suppose you aren't factually incorrect.

Who needs a big turnout when the police are doing NOTHING to stop it. I could get some boy scouts to do the same thing. The ploy is obvious - let it run it's course. They are hoping for a backlash from the public. They are hoping for unseen hands to carry out violence to put protesters off of protesting.

Take a look at the pics here. Hardly a low turnout:

https://twitter.com/georgebkk

Don't interrupt his imaginary narrative - it's keeping me entertained lol