Suthep kicks off Bangkok shutdown mass protest

webfact

Perchance those ardent supporters of Thaksin and his ideals might find this an interesting view. The clip encapsulates succinctly why the Thai people want to see the Thaksin clan and their P.T.P. puppet gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXa5O7VyUes

Certainly more interesting than the Suthep Stroll through Bangkok today

The 'protest' has been exceptionally well handled, allowed to take place with minimum interference by the current administration, how refreshing, especially when one recalls the the abysmal and inept performance of Abhisit and Suthep when facing simiar situations

Similar situations? I believe it's time for your doses youtube 2010 again.

(you are trolling right?)

The protest march today has been handled exceptionally well

Credit to the RTA, RTP, and the goverment for their considered approach to this protest.

Thanks to their leaders and the general public who is participating. Nothing to do with the government.

• Like 1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

473geo post # 24

The 'protest' has been exceptionally well handled, allowed to take place with minimum interference by the current administration, how refreshing, especially when one recalls the the abysmal and inept performance of Abhisit and Suthep when facing simiar situations

A superb understatement and distortion of the true facts concerning the far from peaceful actions of your ''heroic Red Shirts in 2010. You are indeed delusional or rather lacking as to the true facts of matters here.

I have posted below links to three examples of your self perceived peaceful Red Shirts including the exhortations from their de facto leader too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GYxsicRz4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJOw-Kk_c8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkfdEKGbZKY

Excellent example of how not to do it from both sides...thanks

Oh dear a thread about Suthep protest marching in Bagkok turns into another anti Thaksin rant......oh well......such is life on Tvisa

It woud appear by the way, the protest was not overly well supported.......

You forgot that you are the one saying that 2013 and 2010 were similar? And now you slam TV posters for pulling Thaksin into the thread?

476geo post # 29

Credit to the RTA, RTP, and the goverment for their considered approach to this protest.

Indeed the above is true.

Both the parties (as have the Thai people in general) mentioned have all had enough of the Thaksin clan and their corrupt self serving practices hence no action from the police or the military

However there is an ongoing big demonstration from the people of Thailand who wist to see the cancerous growth of the Thaksin cancer remover from the body of Thai politics and indeed Thailand too..

The sooner the Thaksin cancer is removed from the body of Thai politics and Thailand the better.

Enough already. <deleted> is " the cancerous growth of the Thaksin cancer remover " . Still, I suppose it makes a change from "brown nosing acolytes" and "puppetmasters"

• Like 1

Oh dear a thread about Suthep protest marching in Bagkok turns into another anti Thaksin rant......oh well......such is life on Tvisa

It woud appear by the way, the protest was not overly well supported.......

You forgot that you are the one saying that 2013 and 2010 were similar? And now you slam TV posters for pulling Thaksin into the thread?

No I didn't forget, you are mistaken

Just called a Thai friend, a retired general, whose house is right on one of the roads used by the "protesters". He said that he went out to talk to them and found that many of the people he saw had been bused in from southern Thailand. They had been given 2,000 baht a piece for their "protesting" efforts. We are planning to get a group of us friends together and go protest tomorrow. What a great party we could have for 2,000 baht each.

So Thaksin didn't pay any of his mob???
  • Like 1

hmp bears a striking resemblance to a cane toad.

pictures of any closed 7 elevens out yet?

And the kids love him too smile.png

Dear Boxclever, I just got a lesson from TV moderators cause I called Mr. World Biggest Leader Amazing Suthep (their god I guess) as Benito Suthep, and this is against TV policy, and they closed my OP which talks about suthep collects money day by day from his sheep, cause the DSI has blocked his accounts. Anyway this was in Thai TV also, and posted pictures about it, and the yellow sheep are proud of them-self to give money to him.

So you can't post picture about Mr. World Biggest Leader Amazing Suthep as Kim Un cause this is against TV policy. The moderator will say: khm, khm, ohh

Mr. Suthep and Kim Un are not same person, so you can't portray him as Kim Un. Understood?

street occupations started already yesterday afternoon.

many bangkokians left the city at the same time. Time for a vacation.

let economy collapse.

with his demands to YS to leave the country or be executed, suthep shows once again, that he is an authoritarian ultraroyalist

I despise suthep but where does it mention he said execute anyone?

let economy collapse.

with his demands to YS to leave the country or be executed, suthep shows once again, that he is an authoritarian ultraroyalist

"Because Yingluck clings to her prime minister's seat, we must come out to chase her," Mr Suthep told supporters Sunday night.

"We will keep chasing her until she is dead or until she leaves."

Source: AP

hmp bears a striking resemblance to a cane toad.

pictures of any closed 7 elevens out yet?

And the kids love him too smile.png

Dear Boxclever, I just got a lesson from TV moderators cause I called Mr. World Biggest Leader Amazing Suthep (their god I guess) as Benito Suthep, and this is against TV policy, and they closed my OP which talks about suthep collects money day by day from his sheep, cause the DSI has blocked his accounts. Anyway this was in Thai TV also, and posted pictures about it, and the yellow sheep are proud of them-self to give money to him.

So you can't post picture about Mr. World Biggest Leader Amazing Suthep as Kim Un cause this is against TV policy. The moderator will say: khm, khm, ohh

Mr. Suthep and Kim Un are not same person, so you can't portray him as Kim Un. Understood?

Yes, TV is really on top of it today if you don't like PDRC and Democrats. I also received a "lesson" to behave from a moderator over another World Biggest Leader who is no longer PM. Of course if it's the TS or the YS then TV is okay with whatever you want. It appears TV is in the bag on that and will help out if you cannot find the words or the pictures yourself.

let economy collapse.

"Because Yingluck clings to her prime minister's seat, we must come out to chase her," Mr Suthep told supporters Sunday night.

Read story three times now. Not seeing this quote. What story is it from ( or is my eyesight really deteriating).

Oh my, an estimated 10,000 people joined him.

So much for the millions then. tongue.png

If Suthep doesn't have at least 1 million or even a few hundred thousand and can only muster 50,000 in total, he's not going to look too good as he said millions were coming.

10.000 protesters means "millions of Thais representing the "people"",... At least in the eyes of the naive anti-Thaksin farangs who support Suthep and his insanity.

Hopefully the real numbers do not mean anything substantial.

Suthep's irrational movement will be allianated by the Bangkok people themselves.

Yingluck and the reds can just wait peacefully, while the yellow thugs shoot themselves.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

so your are a sane thaksin supporter. do you support the amnesty bill?

ChrisY1, on 13 Jan 2014 - 12:10, said:
geriatrickid, on 13 Jan 2014 - 11:42, said:

Oh my, an estimated 10,000 people joined him.

So much for the millions then. tongue.png

If Suthep doesn't have at least 1 million or even a few hundred thousand and can only muster 50,000 in total, he's not going to look too good as he said millions were coming.

Only 10,000.....and still the authorities won't try and stop this nonsense.........

I still say that regardless of the crowds, whether large or not, Suthep keeps moving forward.....I'm amazed that there hasn't been a concerted effort to bring the protests to an end.....obviously violence is not wanted....but it's hard to believe that it's the main reason not to try and stop things.

It's called......your right to protest and express your political views......I assure you it's legal in all Democracies all over the world.

It's really distressing the lack of people turning out for this shutdown mass protest. Why only last year it was huge with six million or 120,000 people or 100's of thousands. So hard to get it straight. But this year I guess it really doesn't matter because you could actually shutdown Bangkok with a hundred or so policemen closing well chosen, key traffic routes so no need to bandy about crowd figures. Is that it?

The right to protest and express your political views is legal in all Democracies but no Democracy in the world would allow the criminal behaviour that has been on Bangkok's streets, in it's public offices and the blocking people's right to run for office and express their vote. Much less by people with warrants on their heads for inciting violence and treason, to name only a few...

• Like 2

irrespective of the numbers which if that which we see on the media is true there are indeed many supporters of the P.R.D.C. on the streets.

In any protest movement a leader will emerge , that leader being the vehicle but not the engine powering the movement, so to be realistic is Suthep the power behind it all?

In my view no Suthep is not the power behind the public face he projects,

Also it is not in essence a political movement but a movement that has grown out of the peoples concern for the rampant levels of corruption, manipulation of the judiciary and the attempted manipulation of the charter so as to benefit one creature, his family and others of that ilk.

These are the matters that have brought about this Bangkok shutdown and of course those in power have never met this style, nor level of resistance to their schemes before.

The times are a changing, there were comments on the Thai news media this morning by one Thai who drew a parallel to the Arab Spring scenario, somewhat dramatic, however, perhaps a little nearer the truth than we and more so Thaksin and the P.T.P.would care to realise.

The Thai people are saying in fact they have said ''enough is enough'' the sooner that the Thaksin cancer is removed from the Thai political body the sooner Thailand will recover and go forward.

So we get rid of true Shin clan and bring in a new group to swill at the trough? Where's the progress in that?

• Like 1

let economy collapse.

Read story three times now. Not seeing this quote. What story is it from ( or is my eyesight really deteriating).

It's one of Suthep's standard stump rants since last year and repeated often.

Someone should collect his favorites. They're really from right out of this world, democratically speaking.

• Like 1

@LadPhrao1

Hmm, well ok I'll take word for that, but still not seeing execution threat. Harassing someone till they die, while being typical of suthep's strategy, stupid and useless as a tool for political reconciliation, is not the same as calling for an execution.

Edited by Bluespunk

Perchance those ardent supporters of Thaksin and his ideals might find this an interesting view. The clip encapsulates succinctly why the Thai people want to see the Thaksin clan and their P.T.P. puppet gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXa5O7VyUes

Similar situations? I believe it's time for your doses youtube 2010 again.

(you are trolling right?)

...but of course, since you are clearly looking at things through red-tinted glasses, you wouldn't dream of giving credit to the protesters themselves for showing the red shirts how a peaceful demonstration should take place, now would you...?!

Oh dear a thread about Suthep protest marching in Bangkok turns into another anti Thaksin rant......oh well......such is life on Tvisa

It would appear by the way, the protest was not overly well supported.......

... so, let me get this straight, are you suggesting that the current protest march is over something completely different, and that we shouldn't be bringing Thaksin into this thread...??

@LadPhrao1

Hmm, well ok I'll take word for that, but still not seeing execution threat. Harassing someone till they die, while being typical of suthep's strategy, stupid and useless as a tool for political reconciliation, is not the same as calling for an execution.

Haha, well true it's not "we will have your head in a bucket at noon on 15 January", but if a madman said that about you and I can assure you if said about me I would consider it a death threat or leave the country.

I wouldn't be trying to divine the semantics of whether or not it was an execution threat.

• Like 1

Just called a Thai friend, a retired general, whose house is right on one of the roads used by the "protesters". He said that he went out to talk to them and found that many of the people he saw had been bused in from southern Thailand. They had been given 2,000 baht a piece for their "protesting" efforts. We are planning to get a group of us friends together and go protest tomorrow. What a great party we could have for 2,000 baht each.

That's strange, my wife and her friends as well as several hundred others from our village have been in BKK for several weeks protesting and no one has offered them any money to go. I had better let her know she is losing outsad.png .

• Like 1

Oh dear a thread about Suthep protest marching in Bangkok turns into another anti Thaksin rant......oh well......such is life on Tvisa

It would appear by the way, the protest was not overly well supported.......

... so, let me get this straight, are you suggesting that the current protest march is over something completely different, and that we shouldn't be bringing Thaksin into this thread...??

Okay, get it straight, right you shouldn't. But since anything more nuanced or factual escapes most anti-government posters here, and it's such a predictable and boring club to swing, it would be remarkable. Can you walk and talk without the crutches?

10’000 more people are shopping at the Mall today. Time to get them protesters dispersed and kettle’d on to some of the side streets and told to go home or a 2000 Baht fine, millions of people obviously at home washing their hair or something just as important.

That's strange, my wife and her friends as well as several hundred others from our village have been in BKK for several weeks protesting and no one has offered them any money to go. I had better let her know she is losing outsad.png .

My wife tells me they are offering 500bht per day in Kanchanaburi but very few takers.

Might be hoarding it in the "cunning kit"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cunning%20Kit