GOOD DENTIST IN KALASIN OR KHON KAN!

kirstymelb101

I'm currently living in Kalasin at the moment, although I'm willing to make a trip to Kon Kan if necessary to take my wisdom tooth out.

The top right of my wisdom tooth has broken off , and is left with a hole pretty deep! I've been in pain for the past 2 weeks (not unbearable) but very discomforting. I have to chew on the other side of my mouth when I eat rice to try and stop food from getting into the hole. The gums around it are swollen. When I check my tooth in the mirror, it doesn't look like an easy task to take out!

My question - Is there a good reliable TRUSTWORTHY dentist in Kalasin/Kon Kaen that you know of who could operate and take it out? How much would it cost? How much pain am I expected to feel afterwards?

Edited by kirstymelb101

Can't comment on the dentists, but you asked about the pain afterwards. There is no way to tell how much pain until they have taken an x-ray. If it's a non impacted wisdom tooth, they extract simply with very little discomfort. If it's impacted, they will have to cut the gum to extract the tooth, order of magnitude difference. I've had both, and I can attest to night and day pain. So keep your fingers crossed and get the x-ray done asap

Why not try a dentist in Maha Sarakham? There are two good ones (married couple ) that have an office outside the food market across the police station. They both speak English reasonable well. I have been there a couple of times.

Can't comment on the dentists, but you asked about the pain afterwards. There is no way to tell how much pain until they have taken an x-ray. If it's a non impacted wisdom tooth, they extract simply with very little discomfort. If it's impacted, they will have to cut the gum to extract the tooth, order of magnitude difference. I've had both, and I can attest to night and day pain. So keep your fingers crossed and get the x-ray done asap

ahhh! Like I mentioned before my wisdom tooth has broken and is left with a fairly deep hole on the bottom right side of my mouth. Sometime it swells up and feels uncomfortable but never unbearable. I won't lie I've been lazy to go see a dentist because they pain isn't severe. I can eat comfortably on the left side of my mouth without any fuss. since leaving it for a few weeks the gum is starting to cover the hole which is making me worried, because I know majority of my tooth is still inside and needs to be taken out.

Did you get this operation done in Thailand or back home?

Kirsty,

Root canal and crown plus one filling and total clean over 5 visits cost approx. 13500 Baht(420 OZ Dollars) although this was about 4/5 years ago.

Wifey didn't want me to go to KKU as she says there are too many students poking around in your mouth.

But your mouth up to you

P,S. Dr Wasid apparently also works in a hospital but i'm not sure which one.Therefore you should ring for an appointment as his practise is not always open.

Kirsty,

Root canal and crown plus one filling and total clean over 5 visits cost approx. 13500 Baht(420 OZ Dollars) although this was about 4/5 years ago.

Wifey didn't want me to go to KKU as she says there are too many students poking around in your mouth.

But your mouth up to you

P,S. Dr Wasid apparently also works in a hospital but i'm not sure which one.Therefore you should ring for an appointment as his practise is not always open.

I spoke to him over the phone yesterday and he said to notify him one day in advance before coming. He didn't seem very friendly or is that just the way he talks? Do you know the address of his clinic because I forgot to ask him lols

How well can he speak English? I speak Thai but I figured if he's a dentist who studied in a field related to medicine and isn't able to speak English he can't be trustworthy. I know this may sound silly, but I'm always skeptical about these things especially in Thailand.