Any web developers - give me a hand ?

CharlieH

you should not run a server if you don't know how to install php and mysql. it's dangerous.

maybe look for a package such as ISPConfig3, which will do most of the work of installing a full server for you, including a DNS server, Mail Server, etc.

Most commercial host accounts come with PHP and MySQL installed. Sure you haven't got it already?

yes they do, i know this, i want to run my own script/dbase to achieve a particular outcome, but it needs to be "installed", and thats what I need help with.

Edited by CharlieH

Most commercial host accounts come with PHP and MySQL installed. Sure you haven't got it already?

If shared hosting, yes. But there are many people administering VPS or Dedicated servers and in most cases PHP/MySQL (or FTP) is not installed by default.

If it's a Linux VPS or Dedi, use LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) to install the necessary items. Also you can install a panel like Kloxo or Webadmin.

Edited by sniffdog

Looking for web developer or talented person, someone knowledgeable to give me hand installing php/mysql on server.

I think what you're asking for is help installing a software package and configuring it so it runs under php and mysql.

Though, if it were me, I'd really want someone who knows what they're doing so the setup can be checked for security, backup/restore and secure access by you for administration.

Looking for web developer or talented person, someone knowledgeable to give me hand installing php/mysql on server.

I think what you're asking for is help installing a software package and configuring it so it runs under php and mysql.

Though, if it were me, I'd really want someone who knows what they're doing so the setup can be checked for security, backup/restore and secure access by you for administration.

Atlast ! Someone who understands.

Yes I need someone who knows, thats my original request for help.

Hosts provide the facility they will not install etc, thats up tomthe user.

We use a company called LogicSiam for all of our web needs. You may want to contact them as they are really good - and they speak English and Thai.

Looks more like someone fishing for business... New member today and first post...

Atlast ! Someone who understands.

Yes I need someone who knows, thats my original request for help.

Hosts provide the facility they will not install etc, thats up tomthe user.

CharlieH, many web applications (like message boards or online stores) are set up to auto-setup once the files are FTP'd to the correct location on the server and the file, folder, and user permissions are set. Generally, once copied over, you access a special file to start the setup process where you fill-in all the necessary information that the software needs to complete the setup and run the site. The instruction to do this should come to you when you receive the software.

Many of these software sites will also host FAQ and Assistance Forums to help newbies and the odd professional in setting up and troubleshooting installation and setup. There may even be local experts or people-for-hire that can help install (and then harden the security) of your installation.

Hope you've gotten further in your quest in the days that have transpired.